What is your position on the offsides rule (Soccer)? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is your position on the offsides rule (Soccer)?

What is your opinion of the offsides rule?

• Total voters
Nappy Roots said:
and soccor has more players to cover that field.

offside rule is stupid IMO. what a great game that italy game was eh? 0-0 after 90 boring minutes? offside keeps scoring down, which keeps excitement down.

NO

Great defenses keep the scoring down, Italy has the best defense in the world

Nappy Roots said:

offside rule is stupid IMO. what a great game that italy game was eh? 0-0 after 90 boring minutes? offside keeps scoring down, which keeps excitement down.

You must not watch Soccer a lot? The game yesterday was very exciting. 0-0 can be more exciting than 4-3s, 3-2s etc.

"Scoring down, keeps excitement down"

That is something that all Americans (not saying it is a good/bad thing) are raised with when watching Sports. All the other countries aren't complaining about games being more High Scoring. And IMO, that train of thought is hilarious..you don't need to score every other minute to make it exciting.

FFiB said:
the only difference between then and now is the passive offside rule. 20 years ago..offside was offside. Now you can be passively offside. So the rule actually has lightened up a ,little.

I vote for invisible electric fence "shock" collars! Right, who would want to risk being offside?

FFiB said:
leave as is. Just make sure refs are consistent on the passive offside and begin using replays on goals scored which came about from critical offside situations.

The no-offside rule as is (midfield) is enough.

Thank you. I agree with you for the most part.

Nappy Roots said:
they could make a rule simlar to the 3 second rule in the NBA where u cant be in the box for a period of time

And who is going to keep track of that? The field is way to large and way too many things are going on for someone to be trying to keep track of that.

Prime Time said:
You must not watch Soccer a lot? The game yesterday was very exciting. 0-0 can be more exciting than 4-3s, 3-2s etc.

"Scoring down, keeps excitement down"

That is something that all Americans (not saying it is a good/bad thing) are raised with when watching Sports. All the other countries aren't complaining about games being more High Scoring. And IMO, that train of thought is hilarious..you don't need to score every other minute to make it exciting.

no your right, i shouldnt of said scoring. i should of said offense. pushing ball near goal, even shots on goal, etc.

Nappy Roots said:

it was a decent game. Its amazing. In football you hail a 7-0 game and celebrate the defense, in baseball yopu get all whacked out about a no hitter but for soccer you apply different rules. Oh I forget the fans hailing a goalie in hockey preserving a shut out.

Soccer is not there to please US interests. The game is more successful than any other game. And the worldcup is a bigger even than the olympics. While there is need for fine tuning drastic changes are not required.

And the thing about free kicks and penalty kicks being kicked by the guy getting fouled is just a sad attempt of turning football into another sport (basketball)

That's why you keep comparing other sports to football IMO

OK, this isn't meant seriously, but only 1/2 seriously... Have you ever wondered how exciting a game of soccer would be with 2 balls instead of one? Yes, a few rule changes would be needed, but I'd really like to see just an experimental match with that (at amateur level is fine).

Thing is, it's hard to know what the game would turn into.

Nappy Roots said:
no your right, i shouldnt of said scoring. i should of said offense. pushing ball near goal, even shots on goal, etc.

That comes through good coaching and players playing well...I don't see how a rule could change this.

ckb2001 said:
PLEEEEZE vote :tongue:

Done! I voted to keep it intact. I don't think more scoring = more excitement necessarily. Also, I finally understand the rule :lol:

I also wouldn't want the time to stop (commercials).

~~Holli

ckb2001 said:
OK, this isn't meant seriously, but only 1/2 seriously... Have you ever wondered how exciting a game of soccer would be with 2 balls instead of one? Yes, a few rule changes would be needed, but I'd really like to see just an experimental match with that (at amateur level is fine).

Thing is, it's hard to know what the game would turn into.

:lol: It will be a mess out there

Back
Top Bottom