What Position is the priority in Round 1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Position is the priority in Round 1?

I’d lean heavily toward BPA. If you do that, you will be a good team year after year. When you don’t take BPA you miss on Jefferson instead of taking Austin Jackson.

Positions of interest: three down LB, receiver, OT, C, edge, RB.

I don’t see a running back for days 1 and 2. I also would prefer not to reach for an O lineman since we have five day 1 and day 2 picks as starters already. Gotta make those count and not squander all your picks in one place.

In the first two rounds, I’d like a three down LB and a receiver. But what if Karlaftis falls to your pick? You run the card up. It won’t happen but you see my point.

Sign a veteran running back with power who is proven and draft a back around the 4th.

I would be happy if we got Dean at LB in the first and David Bell from Purdue. if we can maneuver to pull that off both of our units would go to the next level IMO.

Or Garrett Wilson and then Micah McFadden. There are different scenarios. But this is all predicated on signing a veteran OT, C, and RB.

I wouldn’t be upset if we drafted Lindstrom at C but I think it’s time for veteran additions on the line.

I’d lean heavily toward BPA. If you do that, you will be a good team year after year. When you don’t take BPA you miss on Jefferson instead of taking Austin Jackson.

More and more I agree with this. Find exceptional talent in the draft. Remaining needs fill with solid FA signings. Exceptional players on rookie contracts beats pricey, and perhaps less than motivated, big FAs.

Do not touch another OL we have too many kids as it is snd they need vets.

I would take the C Linderbaum but that’s it. We need to get the best WR or LB available at our pick, I can’t see Dean or Burks being available at pick 32 :-)))

Positions of interest: three down LB, receiver, OT, C, edge, RB.

I don’t see a running back for days 1 and 2. I also would prefer not to reach for an O lineman since we have five day 1 and day 2 picks as starters already. Gotta make those count and not squander all your picks in one place.

In the first two rounds, I’d like a three down LB and a receiver. But what if Karlaftis falls to your pick? You run the card up. It won’t happen but you see my point.

Sign a veteran running back with power who is proven and draft a back around the 4th.

I would be happy if we got Dean at LB in the first and David Bell from Purdue. if we can maneuver to pull that off both of our units would go to the next level IMO.

Or Garrett Wilson and then Micah McFadden. There are different scenarios. But this is all predicated on signing a veteran OT, C, and RB.

I wouldn’t be upset if we drafted Lindstrom at C but I think it’s time for veteran additions on the line.
Agree. BPA whenever possible. Hopefully, Grier can find two offensive line starters in free agency.

Karlaftis is one guy I'd actually trade up for. But he'd likely have to drop out if top 10 to make it a possibility.

I would take the C Linderbaum but that’s it. We need to get the best WR or LB available at our pick, I can’t see Dean or Burks being available at pick 32 :-)))
Burks might be my #1, although I'm blown away watching Karlaftis.

Must make the point that I haven't seen every top player, though.

Linderbaum is gonna be a stud. Got his scholarship to play on the DL, but switched to C after redshirting. (He did play both OL and DL in high school) Last year, he was still considered a project, and this year, he was an Outland Trophy finalist (which Cs almost never win) and is considered possibly a first round talent. I don't think he's even close to his peak.

Thing is, the way the C position is drafted, he'll probably be there in the second round.

More and more I agree with this. Find exceptional talent in the draft. Remaining needs fill with solid FA signings. Exceptional players on rookie contracts beats pricey, and perhaps less than motivated, big FAs.

Agree. BPA whenever possible. Hopefully, Grier can find two offensive line starters in free agency.

You guys are all spot on. The very best and most consistent org’s in across all pro team sports tend to select the best talent they can regardless whether they are strong at the position or not.

Drafting for need often ends up badly.

Now, drafting BPA that also also fills a need = home run! Like Waddle this past draft. Playmaker was a huge need and they got a super good one. Think where this offense would be w/o him! :(

Back
Top Bottom