What Position is the priority in Round 1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Position is the priority in Round 1?

Linderbaum is gonna be a stud. Got his scholarship to play on the DL, but switched to C after redshirting. (He did play both OL and DL in high school) Last year, he was still considered a project, and this year, he was an Outland Trophy finalist (which Cs almost never win) and is considered possibly a first round talent. I don't think he's even close to his peak.

Thing is, the way the C position is drafted, he'll probably be there in the second round.

Being that this a huge need, I’m fully on on board selecting a talent like Linderbaum. If he is available where the Dolphins likely end up selecting, I see an argument for him being BPA even though he’s a center.

Finding an anchor and captain of offensive line is often undervalued IMO.

As I’ve said a few times now, I’m far past seeing MIA pushed around on the interior of the line. This kid could go a long way toward solving that problem. And he has talent/skills that make him more than the typical center.

CK recently stated that MIA‘s schemes wouldn’t allow them to take full advantage of his skillset, but I feel they’d adapt and adjust schemes accordingly.

Here’s hoping SF loses these last two games and gets that pick closer to 16.

I think we are going to lean heavily on FA and veteran trades to solidify the OL before the draft. I see quite of few quality OTs spinning their tires on bad teams.

Center might be a little trickier to upgrade before the draft.

Seems like a 50/50 proposition right now that Linderbaum will be available to us in the first.

Right around the same idea that Patterson is there in the 2nd.

I’d absolutely love to trade up for one of the elite pass rushers or a CB and really make this defense elite. I’d like to replace Byron Jones.

I’m always ok with an OL in the first round but I’m not sure a OT will be there in the late teens, early twenties. I’m leery of taking the 4th/5th tackle again.

I am not usually a fan of taking a WR early but Olave, Wilson, Burka offer some elite traits to combine with Waddle. If you can acquire some quality OL before the draft, I’m ok with a WR.

RB looks like a third round position for us this year.

Here’s hoping SF loses these last two games and gets that pick closer to 16.

I think we are going to lean heavily on FA and veteran trades to solidify the OL before the draft. I see quite of few quality OTs spinning their tires on bad teams.

Center might be a little trickier to upgrade before the draft.

Seems like a 50/50 proposition right now that Linderbaum will be available to us in the first.

Right around the same idea that Patterson is there in the 2nd.

I’d absolutely love to trade up for one of the elite pass rushers or a CB and really make this defense elite. I’d like to replace Byron Jones.

I’m always ok with an OL in the first round but I’m not sure a OT will be there in the late teens, early twenties. I’m leery of taking the 4th/5th tackle again.

I am not usually a fan of taking a WR early but Olave, Wilson, Burka offer some elite traits to combine with Waddle. If you can acquire some quality OL before the draft, I’m ok with a WR.

RB looks like a third round position for us this year.
With a reported $80 million in salarycap money, Miami should be able to bring back Gesicki and Ogbah, and sign a top offensive lineman.

Should be enough left for a mid-tier wide receiver or a running back. Maybe both.

To your point, that could really open up options in the draft. Right now, it's hard to see defense but we all might feel differently after the first wave of free agency.

With a reported $80 million in salarycap money, Miami should be able to bring back Gesicki and Ogbah, and sign a top offensive lineman.

Should be enough left for a mid-tier wide receiver or a running back. Maybe both.

To your point, that could really open up options in the draft. Right now, it's hard to see defense but we all might feel differently after the first wave of free agency.

They can sign whoever they want, irregardless of Gesicki and Ogbah. I’m not sure what’s going to happen with Gesicki and Ogbah to be honest. I don’t think the FO is going to throw big money, long term extensions at both of them. One might get a modest extension, the other tagged. I’m guessing the hope is Ogbah signs a team friendly deal and Gesicki gets the tag and possibly even traded.

They can sign whoever they want, irregardless of Gesicki and Ogbah. I’m not sure what’s going to happen with Gesicki and Ogbah to be honest. I don’t think the FO is going to throw big money, long term extensions at both of them. One might get a modest extension, the other tagged. I’m guessing the hope is Ogbah signs a team friendly deal and Gesicki gets the tag and possibly even traded.
I do find it odd that Miami hasn't looked to extend either at this point. You never know. Both are good players.

Hopefully Miami fits both in. As for the draft, I’m okay with BPA. If it’s a close call with two, pick the one we need the most.

I prefer a playmaker at WR and/or a playmaker DE.

Plug holes in FA, build your team through the draft. So, BPA

Also, trading down usually yields outsized value so I’m always down for a trade back. Definitely do not trade up.

I would add CB to the list. That position is vital for Flo’s D, Igbo looks like a bust and we are getting old there (Byron 30 next year, X 29). Would rather load up a year early than a year late

Plug holes in FA, build your team through the draft. So, BPA

Also, trading down usually yields outsized value so I’m always down for a trade back. Definitely do not trade up.

I would add CB to the list. That position is vital for Flo’s D, Igbo looks like a bust and we are getting old there (Byron 30 next year, X 29). Would rather load up a year early than a year late
That's a good point. Howard has also had injuries.

Back
Top Bottom