What Position is the priority in Round 1? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Position is the priority in Round 1?

Willing to trade your whole draft to trade up and get both?
No. We need players. I would take Burks however this years draft spots at WR is pretty deep, where as the ILB spot is thin...as usual. It will depend on FA as too who Miami get. FTR, I really wanted Miami to sign Matt Milano last year.

One huge repeating fallacy I see on this board relates to the OL. I read,
“well we used this pick & that pick on OL”
“Not drafting OL 2st again we tried that”
“Or a C is not worth a 1st”
“Or I’m not drafting corn”
Newsflash:
1. OL IS THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT UNIT ON THE TEAM.
2. MIAMI OL IS THE WORST OL IN 40 YEARS OF WATCHING BALL.

Any draft or FA plan that doesn’t FIX THE FREAKIN OLINE WILL FAIL. YOU KNOW WHY WE KNOW - BECAUSE IT KEEPS HAPPENING. JUST STOP.
OLINE BAD =
QB INJURY
QB NO TIME TO THROW
QB BAD HABITS , SKITTISH, MECHANICS
PLAYBOOK LIMITED.
RB NO HOLES. NO BURST
WR FRUSTRATED. NO DOWNFIELD THROWS.

You guys are all spot on. The very best and most consistent org’s in across all pro team sports tend to select the best talent they can regardless whether they are strong at the position or not.

Drafting for need often ends up badly.

Now, drafting BPA that also also fills a need = home run! Like Waddle this past draft. Playmaker was a huge need and they got a super good one. Think where this offense would be w/o him! :(
You make absolutely no sense with your post.

The rookies who made this years Pro Bowl team, the best at their position in the ENTIRE LEAGUE were Chase, Parsons and you guest it, Slater.

Now initially, the Dolphins had the 3rd pick overall. They could have chosen any of these players @ 3 as BPA and all were positions of need. They chose to trade out of #3 and move to pick #12 and in the process received an additional (2) future first round draft picks for moving down to pick @ 12. At pick #12 they could have had Parsons or Slater AND their 2022 1st round draft pick. They chose neither. 😂 Instead the mastermind of this organization, Grier, chooses to move back up to #6, while relinquishing their 2022 first round pick and selects Waddle, who did not make the pro bowl like the other 3.

So Miami at 6 did NOT pick the BPA at their pick and also fill a neEd, what they did do is move up, lose a valuable asset in a future 1st round pick and fill a position of need!!

I agree they filled a need picking at #6 in last years draft but they FAILED in picking BPA, they also lost a future 1st in selecting a NEED. Dumb trade up to fill a need.

where would this team be without Waddle instead of Parson or Slater, the Dolphins might have 5 wins instead of 8? It doesn’t matter because either way they fail to make the post season, again!!! What they did do, which is detrimental to a team trying to rebuild, is cough up there own 1st round draft pick next year.

Had the Dolphins stayed at 12, picked either Parson or Slater, they would have had a worst record but they also would still have their 2022 1st round pick which would be a higher pick next year resulting in a chance to pick a better BPA.

Oline or WR. Depends who’s available out of those positions. Definitely wouldn’t go RB or TE in round 1 nor do I see any worthy. Wouldn’t go defense until the 3rd round.

Crying to me about it isn’t going to get Justin Herbert in Miami. Either pick a better football team to obsess over or stick to basketball. You’re as bad as a teenage girl with the constant weak drama.

Ask your sister if she’ll let you sleep with her unicorn this week so you can feel a little better.
Hey Slimm- did you notice if Tua developed any bad mechanics or maybe a jumpiness in pocket? (Possible result of poor OL/ Jessie Davis attempted murder)

You make absolutely no sense with your post.

The rookies who made this years Pro Bowl team, the best at their position in the ENTIRE LEAGUE were Chase, Parsons and you guest it, Slater.

Now initially, the Dolphins had the 3rd pick overall. They could have chosen any of these players @ 3 as BPA and all were positions of need. They chose to trade out of #3 and move to pick #12 and in the process received an additional (2) future first round draft picks for moving down to pick @ 12. At pick #12 they could have had Parsons or Slater AND their 2022 1st round draft pick. They chose neither. 😂 Instead the mastermind of this organization, Grier, chooses to move back up to #6, while relinquishing their 2022 first round pick and selects Waddle, who did not make the pro bowl like the other 3.

So Miami at 6 did NOT pick the BPA at their pick and also fill a neEd, what they did do is move up, lose a valuable asset in a future 1st round pick and fill a position of need!!

I agree they filled a need picking at #6 in last years draft but they FAILED in picking BPA, they also lost a future 1st in selecting a NEED. Dumb trade up to fill a need.

where would this team be without Waddle instead of Parson or Slater, the Dolphins might have 5 wins instead of 8? It doesn’t matter because either way they fail to make the post season, again!!! What they did do, which is detrimental to a team trying to rebuild, is cough up there own 1st round draft pick next year.

Had the Dolphins stayed at 12, picked either Parson or Slater, they would have had a worst record but they also would still have their 2022 1st round pick which would be a higher pick next year resulting in a chance to pick a better BPA.
Parsons was there at 12, because Dallas traded back with Philly. If we were at 12, Dallas would likely have stayed at 10 and taken Parsons anyway.

Best WR or OT in the first. Whoever you have graded the highest. Id prefer to go WR.

Me, personally if we draft in the last 5 picks 28-32 range, which is a possibility. Trade the pick to a team in the first 10 picks of the 2nd and try and recoup a third or whatever round we gave away last year. No takers BPA honestly.

I'm hoping for WR or Lindenbaum.
OT is the biggest need at a premium position, but it seems like hitting on a later 1st OT that's an immediate impact guy is not very common, and the FO hasn't proven to be very good at scouting OL anyway. Go use that cap space to make Terron Armstead the highest paid OT in football, and it helps the OL a lot.
The WRs in that pick 25 range are expected to be pretty nice, and we have what, 2 WRs under contract right now, with one of them being DVP?

Trevor pinning looks realistic but if Burks or London is there I’d have To look that way

With the SF win yesterday, a guy like David Bell might be staring at Miami at that spot. He's a really good player and a nice fit with Waddle.

Me, personally if we draft in the last 5 picks 28-32 range, which is a possibility. Trade the pick to a team in the first 10 picks of the 2nd and try and recoup a third or whatever round we gave away last year. No takers BPA honestly.
This is where I am at too, unless a perfect fit player ends up sliding a bit.

I think SF will lose in Green bay so the Fins pick will be in the 25-28 range.

With the SF win yesterday, a guy like David Bell might be staring at Miami at that spot. He's a really good player and a nice fit with Waddle.

Yeah, Burks and Wilson feel like pipe dreams, and London and Williams are probably off the board, too, but I like Bell - tough, competitive, skilled, with good size. I think any of the five would be a really good value where Miami will be drafting.

Back
Top Bottom