What side of the ball are you most interested in? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What side of the ball are you most interested in?

Which side of the ball are you most interested in this year?

• Defense

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Offense

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Defense. Specifically lb and dt rotation. And I want to see Allen play in a game at safety. Hopefully he plays Thursday.

Offense wise that tempo will help the oline. So I'm not as concerned as some others there. Although Miami for whatever reason keeps putting out there slug move athletes at guard in a wide zone scheme. That part I don't get

Right now the lb depth looks like the worst unit on the team. Followed by the oline depth. But we are also very thin at some spots and we haven't even played a meaningful game yet.

That boundary corner position is paper thin right now. Tanks not ready to play and verner plays small on the boundary. That lippett loss was big.

We need x and Byron to stay healthy.

X and maxwell and tunsil and James are we need 16 games from guys. I don't even want to think about the domino effect if tunsil were to go down.

Seattle lost its starting left tackle for the year and they ar screwed if they get behind the sticks now cause joekel can't plays it and the guy they put there yesterday after is lost and the right tackle ifedi doesn't have tackle feet.

Russ Wilson gonna be running for his life. Better have another top 5 d

X and maxwell and tunsil and James are we need 16 games from guys. I don't even want to think about the domino effect if tunsil were to go down.

Seattle lost its starting left tackle for the year and they ar screwed if they get behind the sticks now cause joekel can't plays it and the guy they put there yesterday after is lost and the right tackle ifedi doesn't have tackle feet.

Russ Wilson gonna be running for his life. Better have another top 5 d

You're right brother. Tunsil going down is almost as bad as Suh getting hurt. IMO anyways. Maybe Branden Albert would come back too lol But yea, let's not even think about that horrific situation lol However, I do wish Albert would swallow his pride and play guard. I think he would be a force. I would love to see Wilson on a team with an average D. Just imagine is RT or whoever would have thrown a game losing pick in the SB on the goal line..I didn't watch football or sports for weeks after that debacle but did Wilson take any heat or was it Pete Carroll's fault he threw the ball to Malcolm Butler?

Last edited:
I'm most interested in seeing what our offense can do.

I think that our defense will be much improved simply by the infusion of talent we added on that side. Timmons, Hayes, Allen, McDonald, a healthy Jones are bound to make things better, but for the most part we have a pretty good idea of what they will bring to the table. On D I'm most interested in seeing if X can take the next step, and what we actually have in Godchaux.

On the offensive side there's only one addition that will make a significant difference, that being Cutler, but it will be interesting to see what he has left in the tank. His arm talent is obvious; but will the new environment reinvigorate him? Will the Gase reunion bring out them best in him? Will our stockpile of skill players allow him to be even better than he has in the past? It's possible that Thomas will be able to make a big impact, but I'm not really counting on that.

Also on offense, we have some guys that have the chance to ascend into the top tiers at their position. Can Ajayi replicate his success from last year, or can he even surpass it? Can Parker finally realize the enormous potential we've ben hearing about for all these years? Is Tunsil actually a guy that can be one of the best, if not the best at one of the most premium positions in the league?

On offense we have some guys that the arrow is definitely pointing up, I'm very interested to see how these guys progress. It's been a very long time since we've had guys on offense that can be considered all-pro at their position, this year we have a chance to get some guys into that conversation.

You're right brother. Tunsil going down is almost as bad as Suh getting hurt. IMO anyways. Maybe Branden Albert would come back too lol But yea, let's not even think about that horrific situation lol However, I do wish Albert would swallow his pride and play guard. I think he would be a force. I would love to see Wilson on a team with an average D. Just imagine is RT or whoever would have thrown a game losing pick in the SB on the goal line..I didn't watch football or sports for weeks after that debacle but did Wilson take any heat or was it Pete Carroll's fault he threw the ball to Malcolm Butler?

Pete Carroll and the OC took 99.9 % of the blame from all the fans I've talk to. I live 180 miles a way in SE Washington and its seems like 85 to 90 percent are Seachicken fans.

Pete Carroll and the OC took 99.9 % of the blame from all the fans I've talk to. I live 180 miles a way in SE Washington and its seems like 85 to 90 percent are Seachicken fans.

Ya I figured. Any other QB would get destroyed from the media..To throw a Sb losing int at the goal line and not get scorned is ridiculous. Wilson has always been loved by the NFL and for many good reasons but my lord lol That's a Qbs worst nightmare but Russ sure did get off easy Imo

Our O-line really has me worry but that's been the case with our o-line for years and years. Our starting 5 last year
LT-Albert
LG-Tunsil
C-Pouncey
RG-Bushrod
RT-James

This year was supposed to be the same other that Larsen instead of Albert while moving Tunsil to LT
Well, that imo is not a better line to begin with and now Larsen went down, Pouncey doesn't seem to be ready yet and James has been hurting too so we have the worst rated RG in the NFL last year along with two guys that are hurt and we're not sure who the starting LG is yet. I'm hoping Asiata can turn into a good starting guard for us but we don't know that yet and even if he does, we all know that Pouncey will get hurt. Amazing we're still trying to fix the o-line and chances are we're going to be trying to fix it again next off season.

Ozzy rules!!

Our O-line really has me worry but that's been the case with our o-line for years and years. Our starting 5 last year
LT-Albert
LG-Tunsil
C-Pouncey
RG-Bushrod
RT-James

This year was supposed to be the same other that Larsen instead of Albert while moving Tunsil to LT
Well, that imo is not a better line to begin with and now Larsen went down, Pouncey doesn't seem to be ready yet and James has been hurting too so we have the worst rated RG in the NFL last year along with two guys that are hurt and we're not sure who the starting LG is yet. I'm hoping Asiata can turn into a good starting guard for us but we don't know that yet and even if he does, we all know that Pouncey will get hurt. Amazing we're still trying to fix the o-line and chances are we're going to be trying to fix it again next off season.

Ozzy rules!!

The biggest key with the o-line will be how many games Pouncey can play. If he plays more than 12 games I would count that as a win, and it would greatly help all aspects of our offense.

A Lot of people whine about the o-line, but we had an average/below average line last year before we had all of the injuries there, and with the back ups definitely below average, but our offense still made some noise last year. The problem with the back ups playing was consistency, some great weeks and some bad ones, Pouncey is the key to a consistent offense this year.

The biggest key with the o-line will be how many games Pouncey can play. If he plays more than 12 games I would count that as a win, and it would greatly help all aspects of our offense.

A Lot of people whine about the o-line, but we had an average/below average line last year before we had all of the injuries there, and with the back ups definitely below average, but our offense still made some noise last year. The problem with the back ups playing was consistency, some great weeks and some bad ones, Pouncey is the key to a consistent offense this year.
I agree to a point. Yes we need Pouncey out there but which Pouncey are we really getting? If he's not going to practice all week then how good will he actually be on game day? Can he not practice and still be able to be strong in the 2nd half? I guess I got spoiled with the 70's and 80's teams. Langer-Little-Kooch
in the 80's we had Ed Newman-Stephenson and Kuechenburg. Those were great o-lines man

Ozzy rules!!

I agree to a point. Yes we need Pouncey out there but which Pouncey are we really getting? If he's not going to practice all week then how good will he actually be on game day? Can he not practice and still be able to be strong in the 2nd half? I guess I got spoiled with the 70's and 80's teams. Langer-Little-Kooch
in the 80's we had Ed Newman-Stephenson and Kuechenburg. Those were great o-lines man

Ozzy rules!!

I think Pouncey will be fine with a light practice regimen, as long as he's doing the conditioning work he should be good. In season practices are not really that rigorous, more about getting the reps and getting technique refined. Pouncey can get all of the mental reps and be in all of the meetings, and at this stage in his career his technique will be just fine. I'm not saying he can completely ignore the technique side, but practicing smart instead of hard should get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom