What the Miami Dolphins are doing as the NFL trade deadline nears | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Miami Dolphins are doing as the NFL trade deadline nears

Personally, I'd like to pry Kyle Long out of Chicago, doubt that is possible though. A Landry for Long deal would intrigue me

He basically called him out be it for blocking or not running through the gaping holes the oline opens for him.Line is fine it's Ajayi.
That draw play to Ajayi when he had a huge gaping hole but wasn’t fast enough to get through it was pretty alarming. Ajayi isn’t right. He looked sluggish all night. Maybe all that contact behind the LoS has caught up to him.

Longs been hurt a ton... id look for Byron Maxwell to replace Jeremy lane in the Seattle depth chart

Seattle’s banking on that 2019 second rounder being very late

Patriots add a lock top 40 pick if I was them I’d put it in a off the los lb. value should be there

That draw play to Ajayi when he had a huge gaping hole but wasn’t fast enough to get through it was pretty alarming. Ajayi isn’t right. He looked sluggish all night. Maybe all that contact behind the LoS has caught up to him.

My belief is Ayjay isn’t healthy! He looks slower and isn’t hitting the hole fast enough.

9360.jpg

49ers acquired QB Jimmy Garoppolo from the Patriots in exchange for a 2018 second-round pick.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 30 - 8:28 PM
more picks for the pats....smh

Ozzy rules!!
And there you have it. Anyone who thought JG was so great based on 1.5 (5.5 quarters compliments of Kiko) games of work, think again. With Brady at 40 you don't trade your future franchise QB away. Not for a 2nd round pick. Let's see what he does in SF - willing to bet "not much" is going to be the answer.

Last edited:
They got a lot In my opinion and if Miami did something this, I’m sure this board would loose it.

Texans:
Jeremy Lane - Decent young CB
2018 5th
2019 2nd

Seahawks:
Duane Brown

Not a comparable situation. Seattle has a short window with all of its defensive name brand players still available and reasonably close to their prime. The Seahawks are chasing a title within the next two seasons before a likely drift toward Crowd. Frankly they have plenty of Crowd elements already but enough star players to pull out games.

The trade specifics don't mean as much. That's what I'm saying. After they lost Gant early in preseason the offensive line has been a mess, and it was the weak link on the team already. Schneider and Carroll were not going to pretend they could make a legit playoff run without solidifying left tackle, even for the short term. Brown is 32.

Seattle has given away its second round pick each of the next two years. But as I've emphasized those deeper second round picks are overrated since the caliber of player typically falls off decisively after slot 40 and especially once you reach 50. Seattle at 5-2 likely will be picking 18th or lower in that second round of 2018 so the Richardson trade looks better for them.

Meanwhile the Patriots make another sharp move picking up a sure fire top of the second round pick from the 49ers.

And there you have it. Anyone who thought JG was so great based on 1.5 (5.5 quarters compliments of Kiko) games of work, think again. With Brady at 40 you don't trade your future franchise QB away. Not for a 2nd round pick. Let's see what he does in SF - willing to bet "not much" is going to be the answer.

Easy assumption to make. But with JG entering FA this offseason, expected to get starter money, why not get value for him now? If they believe Brady still has years in him, they aren’t going to pay 2 QBs that kind of money, and there’s no guarantee he would even want to sign to Patriots to be their backup

Easy assumption to make. But with JG entering FA this offseason, expected to get starter money, why not get value for him now? If they believe Brady still has years in him, they aren’t going to pay 2 QBs that kind of money, and there’s no guarantee he would even want to sign to Patriots to be their backup
If he's that good you don't let him go - you find a way to pay him or you say bye to your 41-42 year old QB. Kind of like what San Fran did w Montana and Young. I think the Pats should have drafted a QB every year, had Brady feign an injury for a quarter or two so they can showcase him and then traded the guy for a 2nd. I mean, Cassell, Brisket, JG - we'll find out if JG has it or not but am betting "no". The Pats are geniuses.

Back
Top Bottom