Whats going on with the Bills? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats going on with the Bills?

Jeff Tuel was just announced as the week 1 starter. Good luck with that.

Are you sure about that? I thought Marrone was preparing as that is the case, but there is still a chance it's EJ.....

I'm one of the few that likes E.J.Manuel,the Bills are going no where this year.They will win 2-3 less games than the Phins.

Are you sure about that? I thought Marrone was preparing as that is the case, but there is still a chance it's EJ.....

ESPN and NFL.com said he was announced as the starter, maybe they are wrong. Even if it is just the plan right now, it is a pretty bad plan.

Also rumored that E.J.Manuel is projected to not start until as late as week 6,others say it is more than likely week 3 at NY Jets or week 4 at home vs Baltimore.

Bills first 2 games are at home which undoubtedly the games Jeff Tuel will start.

I've seen a couple of people suggest cutting Matt Moore to make Pat Devlin the #2 QB.

I can promise you that Matt Moore would be starting for Buffalo within two days with their current QB situation.

Here's an update for Nublar........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234201/article/ej-manuel-on-track-for-week-1-kolbs-career-in-doubt

EJ Manuel on track to start in Buffalo Bills' opener

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Aug. 25, 2013 at 07:29 p.m. Updated: Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:44 a.m.

Upon receiving news of the Buffalo Bills' trade for quarterback Thaddeus Lewis, Around The League's initial reaction was that it signaled grave concern over Kevin Kolb's latest concussion.

It gives us no pleasure to report that our instincts were correct. According to Tim Graham of The Buffalo News, the Bills are indeed concerned that Kolb's latest concussion might be career-ending, and they are proceeding with that scenario in mind. A Bills source told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, however, that it's premature for the organization to view the injury as the end of the line for the six-year veteran.

While the outlook on Kolb is rather grim, the latest news on rookie EJ Manuel now is veering toward the positive. Rapoport reported on Sunday's edition of NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Manuel is "on track" to start in the season opener versus the New England Patriots.

Manuel won't play in Buffalo's preseason finale, leaving Jeff Tuel, Matt Leinart and Lewis to handle quarterback duties.

In the meantime, expect Kolb to reflect on the viability of continuing his NFL career at age 29. He admittedly suffered two "major" concussions in his career before the 2011 late-season concussion that led to symptoms persisting for months after the injury.

Considering the health risks and Kolb's uneven play across 21 career starts, it's highly unlikely that he'll ever be viewed as a potential quarterback solution. He has to decide if it's worth risking brain trauma to proceed as a long-term backup.

Yes the Bills QB situation is worse then the Jets. As bad as Sanchez is he is still better then Manual simply because he has won in the NFL. Sanchez' issue is not a lack of talent it is a mental one and I am not sure if he can ever recover from it. His story is a lot like David Carr's. Manual is unproven.

UPDATE: Jets beat writers are reporting Sanchez may very well not be ready for week 1. If so, flip a coin who has the worse situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the Bills QB situation is worse then the Jets. As bad as Sanchez is he is still better then Manual simply because he has won in the NFL. Sanchez' issue is not a lack of talent it is a mental one and I am not sure if he can ever recover from it. His story is a lot like David Carr's. Manual is unproven.

UPDATE: Jets beat writers are reporting Sanchez may very well not be ready for week 1. If so, flip a coin who has the worse situation.

Tough choice who has it worse, but I will say Buffalo if they are indeed forced to start Jeff Tuel week 1. Geno Smith and Tuel are not good quarterbacks right now, but I think Smith at least has more upside. If Tuel was on any other NFL roster he probably would be among Saturday's cuts. He is a practice squad quarterback, not a NFL starter.

Back
Top Bottom