What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

What Is Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure that, when the time comes, Sanchez will be released, not traded. That would put his trade value at zero. Whether he eventually turns into a capable backup, or even starter, years down the line, who knows.

But seriously, some of the posters saying Sanchez is worth something have me wondering. Would you actually prefer Sanchez starting on the Dolphins over, say, David Garrard? I don't get it. Why on earth would you?

Go the Joey Harrington route - he'll likely go for a late round draft choice (5th or later) to a team whose quarterback situation is questionable.

I already posted this in the Jets photoshop thread. But I figured it would work here too...

clear.gif

Just found this one:

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I would give a moldy turkey sandwich and maybe a twix bar, provided I get a 6th back. I believe 4th year in the league and way to inconsistent. Don't think you can fix his acuracy problems if they haven't been fixed by now. Of course Sporano is probably blowing air raid sirens at him now a days so maybe there is hope for him :crazy:

In all honesty this guy really perplexes me..He can go 0-8 and then rip off 4 passes of 20 yards in a row. I think he could have been a good QB, but hes lost all confidence, hes broken. Maybe hell have an Alex Smith path...I dont know. But seriously I would rather have Chad Henne than Sanchez..I thought henne got a bad rep. Hed never be on the same plane as Tannehill, but put some decent weapons around him and give him an O-coord who actually knows what hes doing, he could be a Jim Miller journyman qb. I think the wait for Tannehill will be worth it though..at least we didnt use the 6th overall pick on henne...

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

so 7th maybe for sanchiz,

Why would anyone trade for him? He'll be cheaply available when the Jets cut ties with him after 2013.

The Quad Fin;1064462123[B said:
]In all honesty this guy really perplexes me..He can go 0-8 and then rip off 4 passes of 20 yards in a row. I think he could have been a good QB, but hes lost all confidence,[/B] hes broken. Maybe hell have an Alex Smith path...I dont know. But seriously I would rather have Chad Henne than Sanchez..I thought henne got a bad rep. Hed never be on the same plane as Tannehill, but put some decent weapons around him and give him an O-coord who actually knows what hes doing, he could be a Jim Miller journyman qb. I think the wait for Tannehill will be worth it though..at least we didnt use the 6th overall pick on henne...

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

so 7th maybe for sanchiz,
I agree with this. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a "Very good" NFL QB but the Jets haven't really done him any favors. From constantly changing his WR corps to bringing in Tebow, our FO has really messed with his head.

His last 4 games he's been 1-3, with about a 45% completion record (worst since the Ravens starting QB in '99 over 4 straight games), and has the worst first 5 game completion percentage since the great JaMarcus Russell. Given that he's also undeniably had some good games and some competent ones where essentially he stayed out of his offense's way, the question arises:

How much market value can the jets command for this former 5th pick in the here & now?

1st Round Pick or more - acquired to be preemptive starter on some other teams (name teams)

2nd Round Pick - Disappointing but has shown enough to compete for starter job elsewhere (name teams)

3rd Round Pick - Disappointing but maybe salvageable for spot duty and downroad through patience and better coaching

4th Round Pick - What the hell, you never know, right?

5th Round Pick - He'd make a potentially reliable back-up if he can get his head screwed on straight!

6th - 7th Round Pick - Well, he's better than Curtis Painter who's still got a job, right?

Worthless: Between sensitive temperment, sub-standard skill set and poor development he's too far gone to justify the time to correct

Movinganimatedpictureofmonkeyeatingbanan-1.gif

The only way Sanchez warrants trading a pick of any kind is if a GM thinks that he might flourish in another system and turn into a serious QB. I personally can't see that happening. Like Henne, Sanchez was not an instant bust, but it doesn't matter how skilled a failed QB is, he is simply a failed QB. One fatal flaw is all it takes. If a GM knows a QB can't take his team all the way, and the QB doesn't have some kind of athleticism to play multiple roles while also filling the backup QB role, then you don't give a 4th through 7th, you take him out of free agency.

Can you imagine the Dolphins trading a 5th for a QB that you know is not going to challenge for a starting role at this point?

These picks are the picks the Jets have to give the other team to take Sanchez right?
There is no way that any team wants less than a first or 2nd rounder to take Sanchez.

:3w:

I want to change my vote from 5th round pick to worthless. Guy does not have the intestinal fortitude needed to be a leader or NFL QB.

Back
Top Bottom