What's The Deal With Travis Henry? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Deal With Travis Henry?

painnotpleasure said:
Woah woah hold up there buddy! I'm basing this on the fact that Travis Henry has stated that he will not take a diminished role and will not play for Buffalo again if that's the case. He'd rather sit out than be a team player. I think that right there impacts his trade value. By no means do I feel he's worth a mid pick or less. I honestly think he would be worth a 2nd-3rd round pick at the LEAST but it's because of the situation he's in right now I feel has lowered his trade value. I honestly was surprised Tennessee offered Buffalo a 4th round pick because I didn't even feel they would get that high for him... for the simple reason of... why would teams be offering much if Buffalo can't keep him? And if they do keep him, he won't play a single down for them. It's almost like a lose/lose situation. I think a 4th round pick is better than nothing and I'm quite surprised they didn't jump right on the offer considering they weren't getting any offers like that earlier.

And as for Gordon and Feeley, neither of them worth what we traded for them and I feel that they were horrible moves made out of desperation on our part. No way am I defending those moves whatsoever. I wish we would've had that 2nd round pick and OUR 3rd round pick for the previous draft. There's no doubt in my mind that Travis Henry is a productive consistent proven back and if it wasn't the drafting of McGahee, he'd still be getting 1200,1300,1400+ rushing yards each season, the sky's the limit. I am not taking away from hs talent at all, I just feel that considering Buffalo is in a tough situation... I'm surprised Tennessee offered that high of a pick. If no one offered anything for Henry, what would they do? Release him or let him hold out the whole season? See my point? Sorry, if it seemed like I came off the wrong way, I obviously wasn't detailed enough about my point.

But as for my predictions, I do think Travis Henry will get traded, but I don't think Buffalo will get that their 3rd that they are looking for... I feel they'll eventually give in to a 4th, most likely to Tennessee. But it's still a possiblity that he could go to Jacksonville, if they are willing to give up a 3rd.

Maybe you just worded it wrong because it did come out like he isn't worth a 4th because we would be crazy to pass on that offer. A rb value is based on their need for a rb. The fins gave up a 3rd for Lamar even though he wasn't worth it but they were desperate.

Worst case scenario, the bills accept a conditional 4th that could go up to as much as a 2nd if Henry runs for a certain amount of yards , td's ,etc .

Back
Top Bottom