Which 1st-2nd Round WR fits best with Tua/McDaniel/Waddle? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which 1st-2nd Round WR fits best with Tua/McDaniel/Waddle?

I would like to see a bigger target paired with Waddle but I think a quicker guy might be more suited to Tua's strengths.

Based on guys who could be on the board for Miami i would be looking at Bell, Dotson,and Moore.

Williams, Wilson and Olave would all be great fits but will almost certainly be gone.

And bigger targets like London, Tolbert, Burks, Pickens and Ross might not be as well suited to Tua's quick, accurate passing style.

Now I am not saying Miami won't go for a bigger target or that Tua can't throw the ball deep or to the boundaries but it looks to me like he is best on the short to intermediate throws where his quick release, decision making and accuracy are used to their fullest.We might see Tua improve on his downfield throws maybe because he actually has time to wait for the WR's to uncover downfield. ;)

It will be interesting to see how hard Miami tries to keep Gesicki.

We can assume based on his time in SF(and the offensive coaches he has gathered in Miami)that TE is an important position for McDaniel's offense.

And Gesicki is a TE in name only. He is really a big WR.

Will McDaniel want a Kittle type all around TE like Trey McBride from Colorado ST or Jalen Wydermyer from A&M?

Both might be there at #50.

I think there’s a decent 50-50 shot that one (and probably only one) of Treylon Burks, Olave, Garrett Wilson, London, or Jameson Williams is there at 29. And if none fall then one of LB ‘s Dean or Lloyd, or C Linderbaum is there. I think you gotta have more than one position in mind at 29.

I would take Linderbaum over the WR's who will likely be on the board at #29.

He would transform the OL.

I probably would, too, but he probably won't be there, and something to keep in mind, in case he is:

The top FA C, and arguably the best C in the league, Ryan Jensen is projected to make between 11-13M per. Ben Jones is projected between 9-11M per. Chris Godwin is projected to make between 18-22M. Even an inconsistent WR like Mike Williams is projected in the 16-18 range. Allen Robinson essentially took 2021 off, and he's projected in that range.

2019 had Samuel, Brown, and Metcalf
2020 had Jefferson, Aiyuk, and Higgins
2021 had Elijah Moore

2022 is a little thinner, but quality receivers, who aren't just coming out of nowhere, are almost always there to be had in the Top 40. Imo David Bell will be that guy in 2022 - maybe J. Williams, too, due to the injury.

I would like to see a bigger target paired with Waddle but I think a quicker guy might be more suited to Tua's strengths.

Based on guys who could be on the board for Miami i would be looking at Bell, Dotson,and Moore.

Williams, Wilson and Olave would all be great fits but will almost certainly be gone.

And bigger targets like London, Tolbert, Burks, Pickens and Ross might not be as well suited to Tua's quick, accurate passing style.

Now I am not saying Miami won't go for a bigger target or that Tua can't throw the ball deep or to the boundaries but it looks to me like he is best on the short to intermediate throws where his quick release, decision making and accuracy are used to their fullest.We might see Tua improve on his downfield throws maybe because he actually has time to wait for the WR's to uncover downfield. ;)
Mitchie might be a 2nd/3rd round fit.

I get some Cooper Kupp vibes with Tolbert.

Due to injury, Jameson Williams could get to 29.

I would take Linderbaum over the WR's who will likely be on the board at #29.

He would transform the OL.
I think you gotta have more than one position in mind at 29.

I agree with your points, but the point of the thread was to specifically focus on the WR's

for the record, I think a LB will be the pick at 29

That would be Burks. I like him a lot as an upgrade over Parker, especially in the availability department. He also gets separation and has speed for his size.

Last year:

Career. Bites as a pup:

For what it's worth PFF has him ranked 29th. I don't think the odds are high that he makes it to Miami's pick, but he's the one I'd want most.

Back
Top Bottom