Which 1st-2nd Round WR fits best with Tua/McDaniel/Waddle? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which 1st-2nd Round WR fits best with Tua/McDaniel/Waddle?

For what it's worth PFF has him ranked 29th. I don't think the odds are high that he makes it to Miami's pick, but he's the one I'd want most.
Because of his areas of need (route running, occasional drops, could easily block better), it would not surprise me that he makes it to us and probably beyond.

No idea who the hell we will take but I feel Burks would be a very solid addition, especially given the new offense, which should give him single coverage quite often.

Calvin Ridley, agree to contract extension with ATL and ship them our 2nd (assuming his head is in the right place)...thatd be consindered 2nd round wr IMO
I would rather draft a WR than take a possibly unreliable guy like Ridley on his 2nd contract.We already have Parker filling that role. ;)

He had one really strong season out of four.

I would rather draft a WR than take a possibly unreliable guy like Ridley on his 2nd contract.We already have Parker filling that role. ;)

He had one really strong season out of four.

its why i would go ahead and come to some kind of contract extension agreement first. I would want to make sure the team had easy outs assuming his head isnt in the right place again. who knows it it was personal, or it was a team issue. Im really not a fan of players that quit on teams, i just remember reading about how Howards life was hell against him in training camp last year. and the fact that he was putting up 800+ yards as the 3rd-4th option his first two years, and not even a starter, lets you know that talent is there. Also we are in great cap shape. If it was a standard year, naaa you need the rookie contracts, this year you have a little leeway

Because of his areas of need (route running, occasional drops, could easily block better), it would not surprise me that he makes it to us and probably beyond.

No idea who the hell we will take but I feel Burks would be a very solid addition, especially given the new offense, which should give him single coverage quite often.
To your point, if history is an indication those pass rushers are going to be picked more quickly than projected.

I still see Jermaine Johnson projected in that bottom of the first range, but he could go top 15.

A couple of those defenders could push players down. Don't know if it will be Burks, but a couple of unexpected players could get to Miami's spot.

Winfrey is another that I think goes much higher than projected. I've seen top 75 grades, but I think the tape is 1st round.

To your point, if history is an indication those pass rushers are going to be picked more quickly than projected.

I still see Jermaine Johnson projected in that bottom of the first range, but he could go top 15.

A couple of those defenders could push players down. Don't know if it will be Burks, but a couple of unexpected players could get to Miami's spot.

Winfrey is another that I think goes much higher than projected. I've seen top 75 grades, but I think the tape is 1st round.
I still can't decide what position we should target (as if I have any influence, lol). It truly depends on who is available.

I can see a pick being made for OT, C, LB, EDGE or WR. I would be surprised at RB that early, of course.

I still can't decide what position we should target (as if I have any influence, lol). It truly depends on who is available.

I can see a pick being made for OT, C, LB, EDGE or WR. I would be surprised at RB that early, of course.
I agree. I think the majority of the picks should go offense. Free agency also should be heavy on offense.

But getting another pass rusher, or standout front seven player is another need as well.

I agree. I think the majority of the picks should go offense. Free agency also should be heavy on offense.

But getting another pass rusher, or standout front seven player is another need as well.
Without knowing how FA goes, I would also like to see an injection of offensive talent through the draft.

I also feel it's important to get depth at EDGE, DT and LB, depending on who is available after the first 3 or 4 picks. Maybe even a punter with the last pick, mwhahaha!

I would take Dotson from Penn State. I realize he is a clone of Waddle. Both can take the top off the defence. are deadly on shallow or deep crosses. Deadly running after the catch. You can't double team both of them and the one that plays outside gets a soft corner. Easy money, even for Tua.

Burkes and Bell would be my first two targets. I don’t know if Burkes is in our range but sometimes WRs fall a little bit when there’s a lot of quality prospects available.

Free agency will help you decide. 😀

I’m all about building the O but if Dean , ,Loyd or Wyatt are available I can’t pass that defensive talent up.

Free agency will help you decide. 😀

I’m all about building the O but if Dean , ,Loyd or Wyatt are available I can’t pass that defensive talent up.
Yep - I've done way too many mock drafts and I find myself in that dilemma of "we don't know what we need" because FA hasn't happened.

I do try to address a LB, EDGE and DT with a couple picks but damn we need that OL whipped into shape, whether FA, the draft or BOTH!

Mock drafts are so stupid. But fun, haha.

Back
Top Bottom