Which 1st-2nd Round WR fits best with Tua/McDaniel/Waddle? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which 1st-2nd Round WR fits best with Tua/McDaniel/Waddle?

I probably would, too, but he probably won't be there, and something to keep in mind, in case he is:

The top FA C, and arguably the best C in the league, Ryan Jensen is projected to make between 11-13M per. Ben Jones is projected between 9-11M per. Chris Godwin is projected to make between 18-22M. Even an inconsistent WR like Mike Williams is projected in the 16-18 range. Allen Robinson essentially took 2021 off, and he's projected in that range.

2019 had Samuel, Brown, and Metcalf
2020 had Jefferson, Aiyuk, and Higgins
2021 had Elijah Moore

2022 is a little thinner, but quality receivers, who aren't just coming out of nowhere, are almost always there to be had in the Top 40. Imo David Bell will be that guy in 2022 - maybe J. Williams, too, due to the injury.
Pretty amazing second round in 2019 and 2020.

I probably would, too, but he probably won't be there, and something to keep in mind, in case he is:

The top FA C, and arguably the best C in the league, Ryan Jensen is projected to make between 11-13M per. Ben Jones is projected between 9-11M per. Chris Godwin is projected to make between 18-22M. Even an inconsistent WR like Mike Williams is projected in the 16-18 range. Allen Robinson essentially took 2021 off, and he's projected in that range.

2019 had Samuel, Brown, and Metcalf
2020 had Jefferson, Aiyuk, and Higgins
2021 had Elijah Moore

2022 is a little thinner, but quality receivers, who aren't just coming out of nowhere, are almost always there to be had in the Top 40. Imo David Bell will be that guy in 2022 - maybe J. Williams, too, due to the injury.
I’ll never forget, @Pachyderm_Wave said that Deebo Samuel was the best receiver in the 2019 draft and that he should be a first round pick. He nailed it.

Do think Chenal will be there at pick 50?
Bell at 29 and Chenal at 50 works for me.

That'd work for me too! I think he's going to test well, so that could boost his stock, but only a handful of teams would use him in a way that would maximize his tools, so that could cause him to fall. I'd guess he goes Top 40, but I wouldn't put money on it either way.

I would like to see a bigger target paired with Waddle
I don't get the whole matching of smaller, faster guys with bigger WRs. I mean, I get that a diversified WR corps may be better suited to take advantage of different defenses, but Marino's best years were with a couple midget receivers.

Unless, of course, you need the possible WR mismatches because the QB isn't good enough

This should be a BPA Offense heavy Draft.

I would have no problem with a Defensive pick or two depending on the board but they need to add talent to every position group on Offense.

Obviously we will know a lot more after they throw all that Cap Cash around.

100%. Would love to see them address LT, RT, and C in FA and look to go WR early and RB after. If they went Williams, Bell, Cooks/Badie, and a guy like Ealy or Ford a little later, I'd say they're getting serious about winning meaningful games in the NFL.

They probably won't go WR-WR though, so I'm looking at guys who fit at 29 or 47 as difference-makers who make deviating from that plan worth it. D. Hill and L. Chenal are the two that stand out to me.

I don't get the whole matching of smaller, faster guys with bigger WRs. I mean, I get that a diversified WR corps may be better suited to take advantage of different defenses, but Marino's best years were with a couple midget receivers.

Unless, of course, you need the possible WR mismatches because the QB isn't good enough

Look at the Chiefs... Hill, Watkins (a few yrs ago), Hardman, Pringle, DeMarcus Robinson yada yada yada

They even took a flier on Josh Gordon

Mismatches IMO are needed to fluster/confound opposing DC's nuts and elevate the offense as a whole

My main reason for wanting a bigger WR is to replace the unreliable Parker.

And while I would be happy with 2 smaller WR's if they were Duper and Clayton in general I think having a WR corps of guys with varying skill sets is a good thing.

My main reason for wanting a bigger WR is to replace the unreliable Parker.

And while I would be happy with 2 smaller WR's if they were Duper and Clayton in general I think having a WR corps of guys with varying skill sets is a good thing.

Want guys who are tough making catches and with the ball in their hands. Assuming this offense shares similarities to Atlanta and SF, it will scheme open receivers, but it involves a lot of stuff over the middle of the field (good for Tua), and they won't always be open, so there's a premium on guys who will make tough, contested catches when you need them.

I'd imagine there's more of a vertical element than there was with Jimmy G in SF - probably between ATL and SF - but McDaniel has already mentioned that YAC is also premium in this offense. Finding guys who will maximize their targets and maximize the yardage available to them as runners carries greater weight in this system than it does for most offenses imo.

All the top WR's except for Olave fit that criteria. Not saying Olave would be useless, but he's probably worth more to someone else.

but Marino's best years were with a couple midget receivers.

And neither are HOF‘ers. Just fairly good players.

I’ve always wondered how even more unbelievable Marino could have been with a Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, or Julio Jones type.

I can’t even imagine what would have happened if Marino had Jerry Rice during both their primes.

And neither are HOF‘ers. Just fairly good players.

I’ve always wondered how even more unbelievable Marino could have been with a Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, or Julio Jones type.

I can’t even imagine what would have happened if Marino had Jerry Rice during both their primes.
Dan and Jerry together in their primes probably would've tore the NFL up more than what they did with their respective teams...if I had to guess.

Want guys who are tough making catches and with the ball in their hands. Assuming this offense shares similarities to Atlanta and SF, it will scheme open receivers, but it involves a lot of stuff over the middle of the field (good for Tua), and they won't always be open, so there's a premium on guys who will make tough, contested catches when you need them.

I'd imagine there's more of a vertical element than there was with Jimmy G in SF - probably between ATL and SF - but McDaniel has already mentioned that YAC is also premium in this offense. Finding guys who will maximize their targets and maximize the yardage available to them as runners carries greater weight in this system than it does for most offenses imo.

All the top WR's except for Olave fit that criteria. Not saying Olave would be useless, but he's probably worth more to someone else.
David Bell looks like a good fit to me.

Right now #29 looks a little early for him but I would not be surprised to see him move up as the Combine and workouts progress.I would love to snag him at #50.

He looked a like a Pro to me, getting open consistently, catching the ball while being the only real weapon in that offense.Good size too.

Dotson is not a big guy but he is tough and he sure can make plays.He seems to fit the criteria McDaniel is looking for.I have seem him late 1st early 2nd so #29 might be a good spot.

Skyy Moore is a smaller, super quick guy who looks like a good fir as well.Fringe 1st rounder like Dotson.

Tolbert looks like more of a deep threat, stretch the field guy who will make big plays which the team needs as well. Right now #29 is probably to early for him too.

I can't see Burks being there, he is going to wow people with his measurables during the workouts.

Wilson and London will be gone as well.

I would love to steal Williams at #29 and add his explosive speed to Waddle but I expect him to be gone unless his knee is nor progressing.

For some reason I have never cared for Metchie, can't really say why.Maybe just because he paled in comparison to all the studs who have played around him at Bama lately. Probably not being fair to him.R3 for me.

Pickens seems unlikely to ever "get it", I would stay away.

And Justyn Ross is probably going to be red flagged on a lot of teams boards due to the neck injury.I gamble on him after R2 only.

It is amazing that THE Ohio State had Olave, Wilson and Williams in the same position group a year ago.

Apparently Miami is going all out for devante Adams which is fine by me. Get Adams to pair with waddle and fix the line you are already cooking with gas

Back
Top Bottom