Which AFC East Team Wins The SB Next... And Why? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East Team Wins The SB Next... And Why?

The Jets IMO. Jets and super bowl contradict each other but I feel were maybe two years away from a legit playoff contender. some variables like what becomes of Kellen Clemens and Chad Pennington but I have no doubt that if we needed a QB we could get one similar to how baltimore got McNair. The D is being built to something scary in a year. We lack a true NT. around that we have Ellis, a young secondary w/ Rhodes, Revis, Dyson and a young kid in Eric Smith who I like a lot. LB's B. Thomas is slowly becoming an established force as a 3-4 OLB. Harris n Vilma on the inside. Still need another OLB. Offense has mangold and brick on the line but needs some improvement, cotch n coles at WR n Leon n TJ at RB. We are maybe an impact player or two from being legit. I wish we got adalius thomas :(

Why do people keep saying the Pats? He meant outside the Pats, so between Miami, Buffalo and the Jets, I think we all know the Pats have the best chance, but he was wondering who after that.

Yeah, I got that part, however, if the Pats continue to dominate the division every year (which, in my opinion, they will as long as Bob Kraft remains the owner and Belichick remains the head coach), it will be a loooonnngggg time before you see the Bills, the Jets or Miami in even just the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I got that part, however, if the Pats continue to dominate the division every year (which, in my opinion, they will as long as Bob Kraft remains the owner and Belichick remains the head coach), it will be a loooonnngggg time before you see the Bills, the Jets or Miami in even just the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.
You mean like last year for the Jets or 3 years ago before that?

You mean like last year for the Jets or 3 years ago before that?

How was it the Jets season ended again? Oh yes I remember, it ended with the largest playoff defeat in Jet history at the hands of who? Oh yes, I remember again, the Patriots. :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

How was it the Jets season ended again? Oh yes I remember, it ended with the largest playoff defeat in Jet history at the hands of who? Oh yes, I remember again, the Patriots. :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

I rest my case, your honor. :D

It was a close game through 3. We were never suppossed to win that game we fought hard through out. Im not really sure how that is suppossed to hurty when I have a great young head coach n a nice young nucleus:)

I rest my case, your honor. :D
What? You said the the fins bills n jets wouldnt make the playoffs for a long time. That is BS. Were not on the level on a Pats but we are getting there. A two or three years and we will be there.

What? You said the the fins bills n jets wouldnt make the playoffs for a long time. That is BS. Were not on the level on a Pats but we are getting there. A two or three years and we will be there.

K, I'll give you that one. I'll modify what I said. Since the Bills, Fins and Jets all have to go through the Pats (usually) to make it to the Super Bowl, it will be a while before any of them make it that far. Particularly with the receiving core we have this year.

Let me put it this way: If the Pats were a lesser team, I'd put my money on the Jets to make it to the Big Game within three years.

K, I'll give you that one. I'll modify what I said. Since the Bills, Fins and Jets all have to go through the Pats (usually) to make it to the Super Bowl, it will be a while before any of them make it that far. Particularly with the receiving core we have this year.

Let me put it this way: If the Pats were a lesser team, I'd put my money on the Jets to make it to the Big Game within three years.
True. Hopefully I can get a belichick retirement after this year (one last big run). Just wishful thinking.

It's kind of hard to avoid the homerism with threads like this. Obviously anybody with an ounce of football knowledge realizes the patriots of this decade are one of the greatest dynasties in any professional sports league, but all good things do come to an end at some point.

So if we are picking the next afc east team to win a superbowl, I will of course say that we are going to do it assuming:

1) Losman truly is a legit franchise QB
2) Lee Evans stays in buffalo long term
3) Marshawn Lynch turns out to be the real deal
4) And most importantly...we find a way to beat the freaking patriots because we are the only division team that can't seem to catch a break against them and have lost 7 straight againt them. :fire:

So if we are picking the next afc east team to win a superbowl, I will of course say that we are going to do it assuming:

1) Losman truly is a legit franchise QB
2) Lee Evans stays in buffalo long term
3) Marshawn Lynch turns out to be the real deal
4) And most importantly...we find a way to beat the freaking patriots because we are the only division team that can't seem to catch a break against them and have lost 7 straight againt them. :fire:

Before anyone jumps on this, and makes it into a 7 page thread, I'll point out one word.

4) And most importantly...we find a way to beat the freaking patriots because we are the only division team that can't seem to catch a break against them and have lost 7 straight against them. :fire:

That's the key, and that just reinforces my point. Until the Pats become a lesser team, the other three teams will have a very hard time getting through them. It could be years until that happens. So even to speculate at this point in time which team will go to the Big Game after beating the Patriots to get there is just that: speculation.

But who knows? Perhaps a minor miracle will happen (like half the Patriots coming down with a case of broken legs after game 6) and the Pats won't make it to the playoffs. Something like that happens, I'm betting on the Jets.

We all know the patriots will win next but out of the three it could be miami(trying not to be a homer) because they are in the position the ravens were in in 06. The ravens were a good QB away from major success and thats how miami is.They have a top 5 defense and they do have good recivers that have the potential for greatness ala chambers has the pro bowl potential if he sticks with one QB. The jets i have a weird feeling for them. Last year was a suprise year from the jets. They came out of no where with a rookie head coach and pennington played great. But this year im not sure whats going to happen. If they do well this year too then i think they will be the next but if they dont do as well then they wont be. The bills lost alot of their defensive stars so that takes a hit. Their offense is young but will be good in some time. I dont think they will be the nex because obviously the pats will probably get it this year. Just my opinion.

We all know the patriots will win next but out of the three it could be miami(trying not to be a homer) because they are in the position the ravens were in in 06. The ravens were a good QB away from major success and thats how miami is.They have a top 5 defense and they do have good recivers that have the potential for greatness ala chambers has the pro bowl potential if he sticks with one QB. The jets i have a weird feeling for them. Last year was a suprise year from the jets. They came out of no where with a rookie head coach and pennington played great. But this year im not sure whats going to happen. If they do well this year too then i think they will be the next but if they dont do as well then they wont be. The bills lost alot of their defensive stars so that takes a hit. Their offense is young but will be good in some time. I dont think they will be the nex because obviously the pats will probably get it this year. Just my opinion.

I really don't see the Ravens comparison at all. The Ravens were a perennial playoff team that had a bad 2005 and still had a very talented nucleus in Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Chris McCallister, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Jamal Lewis, Todd Heap and Jonathan Ogden. The Dolphins don't have near that much talent and haven't been a playoff team since 2001.

They have a top 5 defense and they do have good recivers that have the potential for greatness.........

They may have the potential for greatness, but that potential won't reveal itself overnight. That still leaves, in my opinion, the Jets as the top team in the AFC East (assuming there was no such thing as the NE Patriots).

Before anyone jumps on this, and makes it into a 7 page thread, I'll point out one word.

yeah....every year I just 'assume' that the Bills are gonna suck....and i'm usually 'Right'! :D

Back
Top Bottom