Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster?

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? (multiple choices allowed)

• Rd 1: OT Laremy Tunsil

Votes: 149 98.7%
  • Rd 2: CB Xavien Howard

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: RB Kenyan Drake

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: WR Leonte Carroo

Votes: 147 97.4%
  • Rd 6: WR Jakeem Grant

Votes: 125 82.8%
  • Rd 6: SS Jordan Lucas

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Rd 7: QB Brandon Doughty

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • Rd 7: TE Thomas Duarte

Votes: 86 57.0%

• Total voters
I see Duarte making the team -- I think Gase will want to use his athleticism over Dion Sims and Stoneburner

I see Duarte making the team -- I think Gase will want to use his athleticism over Dion Sims and Stoneburner

Some have compared him to Charles Clay and if he's even close that would be a great weapon to have along with Sims and Cameron. Stoneburner may be the the guy who doesn't make it or ends up on the PC.

QB: Tannehill, Moore,
RB: Ajayi, Drake, Williams
TE: Cameron, Simms, Duarte
WR: Landry, Parker, Stills, Caroo, Grant
OT: Albert, James, Bushrod, Young
OG: Tunsil, Douglas, Turner, Thomas,
C: Pouncey, McClendon

K: Franks
P: Darr
LS: Denney

DT: Suh, Mitchell, Phillips, Coleman, Laing
DE: Wake, Williams, Branch, Jones, Jordan, Mccain
LB: Misi, Alonso, Jenkins, Vigil, Burgess, Hewitt, Hull,
S: Jones, Abdul-Quddus, Aikens, Thomas,
CB: Maxwell, Howard, Lippett, Lucas, Ekpre-Olomu

That would be my 53. Hard to keep paysinger over a hull, hewitt or burgess
hard to keep mccain of olomu if health.
hard to cut mccain, jones, laing too much potential for passrushers and depth behind out old guys, plus they move to multiple positions.
on offense i dont keep stoneburner, over duarte ever.
i assume doughty is no better than most other practice squad QBs i can find. not losing other future talent for a 3rd qb who may or may not ever be a backup.
on grant, im not sure what kind of weight he could put on that frame but if i can get 15 more pounds on him and use him as a receiver out of backfield he has some value.

In 4 years of college, Jakeem Grant never returned a single punt. Not one.

Add his 23 drops, and I'm not going to assume that he's going to be a great punt returner.

Plus, with his small size (5'6", 165 lbs) other teams may just give him a concussion, with a dirty hit when he's completely exposed & vulnerable.

[video=youtube;W3DjQ3CYycI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DjQ3CYycI[/video]

There's probably a good reason why Jakeem Grant didn't return a single punt in college.

Spot on, this is the only pick i hated this year.

With all the hype for Grant i'm not sure he makes the 53 but let's see what he can do in camp and the preseason.

i think Lucas and Duarte have a good chance of at least making the practice squad. Doughty as well although he may just be a camp arm.

Grant is very tough player to evaluate, does not have your standard expected height, or NFL size body, but he has ridiculous speed, and more importantly, confidence enough to fill a room all by himself, with a chip on his shoulders even larger. Odds might be a bit against him, but history has shown us that type of player at times is hugely impossible to stop from succeeding.

1st through 3rd rounders are locks. We aren't going to give up on any of them after 1 training camp. Grant is going to have to show he is clearly the best kick returner to make the team. Lucas probably has a decent shot to make the 53 man. I don't see Doughty making anything but the practice squad. Duarte is a toss up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them all make it. For the final three, Lucas benefits from little secondary depth, Doughty benefits from competition with the likes of Logan Thomas and...honestly can't think of who else off the top of my head, and Duarte also faces little competition with Sims in the final year of his contract. He may out compete him for the spot. I'm surprised we got Duarte in the 7th, so I'd be concerned about placing him on the PS.

With a new coaching regime, I'm guessing all of the draft picks make it. It's not like this is a loaded roster and Gase wants to put his imprint on the team. Ties goes to the new guys. I'd guess one or two undrafted free agents makes it as well.

Im in the all but doughty crowd...miamis 3rd tight end spot should be wide open and you dont sign matt moore again to cut him for a rookie scared of contact

P squad for doughty

Nice man. I can see them all making it and there's no risk losing them. The only one I can see getting stashed is rookie qb considering Moore is still here. Honestly it's time ffor us to move on from him and develop a young qb.

I think they may all make it, not like were a talent loaded team, Duarte might get beat out be Stoneburner and get bumped down to PS.

Duarte has that dustin keller feel to him.. He's going to make it!

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Duarte is awfully small for a TE at 225-230

He's been bulking up though

Back
Top Bottom