Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster?

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? (multiple choices allowed)

• Rd 1: OT Laremy Tunsil

Votes: 149 98.7%
  • Rd 2: CB Xavien Howard

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: RB Kenyan Drake

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: WR Leonte Carroo

Votes: 147 97.4%
  • Rd 6: WR Jakeem Grant

Votes: 125 82.8%
  • Rd 6: SS Jordan Lucas

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Rd 7: QB Brandon Doughty

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • Rd 7: TE Thomas Duarte

Votes: 86 57.0%

• Total voters
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing really, that I think most of the draft picks have a legitimate shot at making the 53.

I think the bottom of our roster churns. Duarte will aim for the PS. From the small amount of video I watched I don't see the QBs potential but I'm not a coach or scout so at this point I defer to the experts.

That's what i'm thinking. I went ahead and voted for all of them, assuming we can keep 3 QB's. I understand this is highly unlikely, but new regime, new players.....

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing really, that I think most of the draft picks have a legitimate shot at making the 53.
I've not voted. I can't decide. I'm confident in Tunsil, Howard, Carroo. Leaning 'yes' on Drake/Grant. That's 5. Duarte looks promising. A couple of UDFAs, from posts here, have a shot. That's 6, maybe 8. That's a LOT of rookies. Not unheard of, but above average. I'm 'yes' for 3, 'likely' for 5, and 'reasonably' one of the remaining 3 make 6. Maybe the remainder on PS, but that's not the 53.

Because it means our depth is atrocious, but we already knew that.
"Atrocious" is a little strong. OL/DL depth is improved. WR improved. I'd like better LB/safety depth but I wouldn't call current depth 'atrocious.' I'll agree with you on RB/CB.

In the end...all have a very good shot at making the roster...I think the QB will be regulated to PS for this season.

While some of the picks I don't love, I do think that there is a plan in place for the picks...tall press corners on defense, playmakers on offense it is almost as if they have an idea of what the coaches want and targeted players that fit that.

"Atrocious" is a little strong. OL/DL depth is improved. WR improved. I'd like better LB/safety depth but I wouldn't call current depth 'atrocious.' I'll agree with you on RB/CB.

Atrocious is absolutely fitting our secondary, LBs, and RBs, which is why those drafted in those roles have a shot they may not have otherwise. I'd throw WR in there too after Parker, Landry, and Stills (assuming he can get back to his pre-Philbin ways. OL was bad too until Tunsil.

I would also add DT. What happens if Suh gets hurt? We are screwed!

WR is fine. I don't know of any team that is as deep as we are at WR. Carroo really helped an already good situation.

I would also add DT. What happens if Suh gets hurt? We are screwed! WR is fine. I don't know of any team that is as deep as we are at WR. Carroo really helped an already good situation.
Personal opinion . . . talent 'drop off' does not equate to 'atrocious.' Yes, there will be a big drop in talent if Suh goes down, but replacing him with an average NFL DT (example only) does not mean he's atrocious.

Atrocious is absolutely fitting our secondary, LBs, and RBs, which is why those drafted in those roles have a shot they may not have otherwise. I'd throw WR in there too after Parker, Landry, and Stills (assuming he can get back to his pre-Philbin ways. OL was bad too until Tunsil.
Seems we agree everywhere but LB. I call Hewitt good enough to compete as a starter. Vigil, in limited snaps, was "OK." Neither are 'atrocious.' We can only speculate on rookie LBs, so, maybe, one of three is "atrocious."

Personal opinion . . . talent 'drop off' does not equate to 'atrocious.' Yes, there will be a big drop in talent if Suh goes down, but replacing him with an average NFL DT (example only) does not mean he's atrocious.

First of all, I never used the word atrocious. Secondly, we were 28th ranked in yards and 19th ranked in points WITH Suh. How far do we fall without him? Now that you brought it up, I'd say 28th is pretty atrocious. I certainly don't expect a better run defense with Phillips and Mitchell as the starters.

Yeah, I'd just responded to the 'atrocious' post and carried the word over. Nonetheless, I make a distinction between between a dropoff from any All-Pro to average and James to Fox. The first still gives some hope. The 2nd doesn't.

As for D stats, my cut-off is game 8. Games 1>8 included Coyle and 4 games for coach An (DC) to get his feet wet. In games 9>16, the run D went from 28th for the season to 18th. That raises the stat to "average." And that implies the FIRST 8 games, Miami was likely 32nd. That shows how badly Philbin/Coyle coached the team.

OK, so my starting point for the run D in '16 is 18th ranked - last 8 games of '15. I think VJ can get better play than An, though that's opinion. Williams, even in his 'lack of desire' 2015, was better in run D than OV. I think KA will exceed Sheppard in run D, though, again, opinion. I would not be surprised to see Miami's run D in top 12. Admittedly, that's WITH suh. Even without Suh, I doubt the the run D falls back to Philbin-bad - 28th.

Fair enough. I have just not been satisfied with Mitchell from day one and have tempered my expectations for a second year player who "didn't bite much as a pup". I think Mitchell has maxed out but there is hope for Chris Jones and Phillips. Still not sure why NE cut Jones.

I'm also hesitant to give too much credit to the run defense improving over the last 8 weeks. They still gave up games of over 100 yards in 4 games to close the season and that includes teams like the Colts and Chargers. Other teams we faced were Ravens without their top back and QB, NE who is pass heavy and the Giants who don't really have a RB. None of those teams have great RB's or running games in 2015.

Back
Top Bottom