Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster?

Which draft picks will make the final 53 man roster? (multiple choices allowed)

• Rd 1: OT Laremy Tunsil

Votes: 149 98.7%
  • Rd 2: CB Xavien Howard

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: RB Kenyan Drake

Votes: 148 98.0%
  • Rd 3: WR Leonte Carroo

Votes: 147 97.4%
  • Rd 6: WR Jakeem Grant

Votes: 125 82.8%
  • Rd 6: SS Jordan Lucas

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Rd 7: QB Brandon Doughty

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • Rd 7: TE Thomas Duarte

Votes: 86 57.0%

• Total voters
Fair enough. I have just not been satisfied with Mitchell from day one and have tempered my expectations for a second year player who "didn't bite much as a pup". I think Mitchell has maxed out but there is hope for Chris Jones and Phillips. Still not sure why NE cut Jones. I'm also hesitant to give too much credit to the run defense improving over the last 8 weeks. They still gave up games of over 100 yards in 4 games to close the season and that includes teams like the Colts and Chargers. Other teams we faced were Ravens without their top back and QB, NE who is pass heavy and the Giants who don't really have a RB. None of those teams have great RB's or running games in 2015.
And the 1st 8 games included the league's 15th, 20th, 25th, 27th, 30th best run Os, although the Bills (twice) ranked 2nd. And in a number of those games the D was on the field a LOT. Look, we can throw numbers around till PS. I'm not arguing the D was amazing in the run last 8 games. My points are Coyle/Philbin didn't get the talent out of the players, and the run D DID improve the last 8. The problem all of us have is predicting the '16 season. IMO, VJ is better than Coyle, Gase better than Philbin, Williams better than OV (in run D), KA better than Sheppard, whoever plays the run downs o Wake's side will likely be better than Wake, and there HAS to be someone better than Mitchell. Guaranteed? No. But I've made no unreasonable predictions - some would say ALL those are reasonable. Thus, I expect a better run D. Back to talent, I think overall the team has improved. Coaching is likely better. RB is clearly worse, pending a FA. CB is bad but was bad last year. WR depends largely on Carroo. Everything else is same, better, or 'undetermined' - e.g., is IAQ an upgrade? For now, I'm more interested in the last 8 games to find out who this team really is.

I hope you're right.

I was curious to see who we face as well as some rookie RB's...

1 Seattle: Thomas Rawls, CJ Prosise, Alex Collins
2 Patriots: Dion Lewis
3 Cleveland: Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson
4 Cincy: Jeremy Hill, Gio Bernard
5 Ten: DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry
6 Pitt: LeVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams
7 Buf: LeSean McCoy, Karlos Williams, Jonathan Williams
8 BYE
9 NYJ: Matt Forte
10 SD: Melvin Gordan, Danny Woodhead
11 LA: Todd Gurley
12 SF: Carlos Hyde, Kelvin Taylor
13 Bal: Justin Forsett, Kenneth Dixon, Buck Allen, Terrence West, Trent Richardson
14 AZ: Davis Johnson, Chris Johnson
15, 16, 17: NYJ, Buf, NE

Back
Top Bottom