Which QB would you like to see us draft now? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QB would you like to see us draft now?

Jones, Griffin, Weeden?

• Jones

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Griffin

Votes: 146 69.2%
  • Weeden

Votes: 40 19.0%

• Total voters
The fins will finish in the season in number 8, 9, or 10, the teams before us will not want a QB so is you want one there will be plenty for the taking, personally I would take a look at Pat Devlin he is already on the roster.

Man were going to miss out again...........mybe 2013.

we will not draft a QB in the first round.......thats my choice....

As high as you were on Cam Newton I am really surprised to hear you say that.

Different players, different skill sets, different attributes.

I like RG3's intangibles but his throwing mechanics are not something I like. Nor his size. He doesn't throw the ball as well as Newton.

After watching Landry Jones play I wouldn't touch him with a 50 foot pole. He reminds me of Chad Henne all over again. Jones makes some real bonehead decisions that will frustrate the hell out of coaches. He also seems robotic like Henne at times as well.

If I'm the GM I'd do everything in my power to trade up for Luck and, if that doesn't happen, I'd do everything in my power to trade for Barkley. If those two can't be had in a trade, I'd gamble on Robert Griffin III.

I'm still holding onto a pipedream for matt barkley.

after that, I think I like the idea of drafting blackmon if we are in a position to get him, and than trading up for weeden. this of course backfires if weeden disapears way earlier than the phins FO thinks.

jones to me, needs at least a year to sit. I think he has great tools, and I like his arm a lot. I just think he's more of a sit and wait guy, and I really would just soon have a qb competition next year with a rookie who is ready and capable of starting, and if he beats moore he starts, if not so be it. jones, I don't think would even merit a competition in his first year.

RG3, is quite intriguing. the more I watch the more i like. Just at a cats eye glance on live tv, I tend to think his delivery is a bit windupish.. maybe not, will have to do more watching and slow it down a bit.

barkley
weeden
RG3
jones...

I'm still holding onto a pipedream for matt barkley.

after that, I think I like the idea of drafting blackmon if we are in a position to get him, and than trading up for weeden. this of course backfires if weeden disapears way earlier than the phins FO thinks.

jones to me, needs at least a year to sit. I think he has great tools, and I like his arm a lot. I just think he's more of a sit and wait guy, and I really would just soon have a qb competition next year with a rookie who is ready and capable of starting, and if he beats moore he starts, if not so be it. jones, I don't think would even merit a competition in his first year.

RG3, is quite intriguing. the more I watch the more i like. Just at a cats eye glance on live tv, I tend to think his delivery is a bit windupish.. maybe not, will have to do more watching and slow it down a bit.

barkley
weeden
RG3
jones...
We most likely won't have a shot at Blackmon either, especially if we win any more games. One more win probably takes us out of the top ten completely.

maybe im in the minority here, and i dont really care, but can someone please explain to me why you would want to draft brandon weeden with a first round pick?

Look, i like moore. i have been supportive of him so i wont hide that. that being said, he has a lot more to prove before being deemed the future. we should certainly draft a 1st round qb, and i am not debating that. luck, barkley, griffin, i would love to bring any of them in, i got no problem, those are all guys with lots of potential, and are all young guys.

but weeden? he will be 29 years old by week 4 of the 2012 season ( birthday in october).Now even the great qbs in this league take time to adjust to the speed of the nfl game, will have some rookie troubles even if they are going to turn out and be good. assuming weeden did pan out and reached his ceiling, by the time he did reach his full ceiling, he would prob be 31 years old or so. that is pretty old.

i dont know, i am all for bringing in a qb, but a guy who will be 29 years old by week 4 of his rookie season, i dont know, does not excite me.

if we are going to draft a 1st round qb, which i got no problem with, i rather draft a guy who can be with this franchise and give us 10-15 very productive seasons, not a guy who would at best, assuming he reaches his full potential give us maybe 4-5 very good seasons. most qbs decline once they hit the 35 and up age.

luck, barkley, griffin, bring em on, would love it, but a 29 year old in his rookie season? eh, i just dont know.

maybe im in the minority here, and i dont really care, but can someone please explain to me why you would want to draft brandon weeden with a first round pick?

Look, i like moore. i have been supportive of him so i wont hide that. that being said, he has a lot more to prove before being deemed the future. we should certainly draft a 1st round qb, and i am not debating that. luck, barkley, griffin, i would love to bring any of them in, i got no problem, those are all guys with lots of potential, and are all young guys.

but weeden? he will be 29 years old by week 4 of the 2012 season ( birthday in october).Now even the great qbs in this league take time to adjust to the speed of the nfl game, will have some rookie troubles even if they are going to turn out and be good. assuming weeden did pan out and reached his ceiling, by the time he did reach his full ceiling, he would prob be 31 years old or so. that is pretty old.

i dont know, i am all for bringing in a qb, but a guy who will be 29 years old by week 4 of his rookie season, i dont know, does not excite me.

if we are going to draft a 1st round qb, which i got no problem with, i rather draft a guy who can be with this franchise and give us 10-15 very productive seasons, not a guy who would at best, assuming he reaches his full potential give us maybe 4-5 very good seasons. most qbs decline once they hit the 35 and up age.

luck, barkley, griffin, bring em on, would love it, but a 29 year old in his rookie season? eh, i just dont know.

I like luck than barkley, on record with that.

BUT I'd take 5 or 6 good years from weeden before I'd settle for the carousel that has been the last decade. I'm not so sure his age, doesn't help him to an extent, and really, if we can get 5 good years out of a quarterback, I'd be estatic. we haven't hadn't five solid years out of anybody for a long time that I can think of off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom