Which QB would you like to see us draft now? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QB would you like to see us draft now?

Jones, Griffin, Weeden?

• Jones

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Griffin

Votes: 146 69.2%
  • Weeden

Votes: 40 19.0%

• Total voters
Exactly. Not that hard to figure out. Yes, the felt he was the best in the draft, but why on earth would they use their first on a QB? Now getting a QB they feel is the best in the draft in the third round? It's a no brainer.

but going on what we always say around here if you think you see "your guy" you go get him, waiting until the end of the 3rd round and drafting 2 running backs ahead of "your guy" and passing on him in the 2nd round, not trading up to get him in the 2nd, left them virtually NO guarntee Mallet would fall to them

2 words: Tom Brady

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Yea because im sure the Pats back then said oh the best QB in the entire draft is going to be in the 6th round.....and we are going to wait over 160 picks and hope he is still on the board.....lets be real.....there is NOBODY who was thinking that back then

"The National Football Post" college football talent evaluator, Wes Bunting; list his top 5 QB prospects as follows: 1) Andrew Luck 2) Robert Griffin III 3) Ryan Tannehill 4) Matt Barkley and 5) Nick Foles. Other than Mike Mayock, who I like alot; this guy, Wes Bunting has a fantastic eye for talent ... He has stated scouts around the league are souring on Jones and he is falling fast and have advised Jones to stay in school ... I love reading his draft prospect analysis, he does great work ... IF Barkley and Jones return to school, look for both Tannehill and Foles to become hot 1st round prospects come draft day!!!

but going on what we always say around here if you think you see "your guy" you go get him, waiting until the end of the 3rd round and drafting 2 running backs ahead of "your guy" and passing on him in the 2nd round, not trading up to get him in the 2nd, left them virtually NO guarntee Mallet would fall to them
You are misinterpreting that completely. When you need a QB and you see "your guy," you go get him. Still not that hard to understand. They didn't need a QB. Hell, they didn't even need a backup. But at that point in the draft, even a good 3rd QB that can later be used as trade bait (or Hoyer), it's a brilliant decision. That's called being proactive, something this moronic FO has no clue about.

Yea because im sure the Pats back then said oh the best QB in the entire draft is going to be in the 6th round.....and we are going to wait over 160 picks and hope he is still on the board.....lets be real.....there is NOBODY who was thinking that back then
Again, misreading, and this time it's not even remotely close to what he was saying. He's saying they didn't take Mallett earlier because they have Tom Brady.

Jesus, is this "debate" actually happening?

Most of that aged QB's that were mentioned by CK also spent time in another league before coming to the NFL. It's not like they came out of colledge at that age. Their exp in other leagues helped them succeed in the NFL when they finally got here.
Weeden did play baseball for five years.

Again, misreading, and this time it's not even remotely close to what he was saying. He's saying they didn't take Mallett earlier because they have Tom Brady. Jesus, is this "debate" actually happening?
Lol just reading this last page wondering if that guy really just doesn't get it.

Again, misreading, and this time it's not even remotely close to what he was saying. He's saying they didn't take Mallett earlier because they have Tom Brady.

Jesus, is this "debate" actually happening?

take it easy buddy, point i was making is nott hat they should have taken in the first round but that, if he was "the best QB in the draft", did they really think he was going to last almost to the 4th round? They lucked into brady plain and simple, and if Bledsoe doesnt go down the almighty Brady probably never sees the field and your argument concerning brady is completely irrelevant

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Lol just reading this last page wondering if that guy really just doesn't get it.

i get it, thanks for asking, signed "that guy"

take it easy buddy, point i was making is nott hat they should have taken in the first round but that, if he was "the best QB in the draft", did they really think he was going to last almost to the 4th round? They lucked into brady plain and simple, and if Bledsoe doesnt go down the almighty Brady probably never sees the field and your argument concerning brady is completely irrelevant

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

i get it, thanks for asking, signed "that guy"
Honestly, it's like you're responding to a completely different thread.

If we can get Andy Reid, it would likely make us contenders for many many years. Would be awesome to get him!

Between his prima donna dream team and his narco-sons, Andy Reed needs at least a year or two to decompress and reflect before he's of practicul use to any team IMO

oh, RG tres also, but nowheres as resoundingly more than Weeden as the poll is running

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of that aged QB's that were mentioned by CK also spent time in another league before coming to the NFL. It's not like they came out of colledge at that age. Their exp in other leagues helped them succeed in the NFL when they finally got here.

So, now explain ROGER STAUBACH.

So, now explain ROGER STAUBACH.

Yeah, he served his time in the Navy and then came back and was great.

Weeden's advanced age does kind of suck, but I can't see passing up on him because of it. If you need a quarterback, you need a quarterback. It's not like you can just pull a dude off the street to play that position.

Griffen. Jones seems to choke in big games. Makes sense, he's from chokelahoma.

When it comes to age I'm not sure that anyone has pointed out that Matt Moore is a year younger than Brandon Weeden.

Back
Top Bottom