Which QB would you like to see us draft now? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QB would you like to see us draft now?

Jones, Griffin, Weeden?

• Jones

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Griffin

Votes: 146 69.2%
  • Weeden

Votes: 40 19.0%

• Total voters
Griffin will be the 1st overall pick.

MichaelWhattheoffice10400786400226-1.gif

I think a lot of you guys are overreacting to "being out of position for a QB"

Everybody we needed to win today except Washington won today..

Philly wont draft a QB.
Jacksonville-Doubt
Minny-Doubt
Carolina-No
Tampa-Doubt
Rams-Doubt

We are still behind Arizona, Seattle, and hopefully our SOS works out for us against Washington. I could see Washington winning 1 more game though. I honestly think these next two games will be the games we will be in. I don't think we can compete with New England, and I don't think we will beat New York when they are fighting for a playoffs spot. Everything is just so tight! Cant wait till it unravels and we see where we draft at.

If only it were that easy. I suspect whoever is picking at two will be looking to trade out of that spot to move down in the top 10 because they won't be in the market for a QB there should be several teams that would be very interested in grabbing Barkley there. Even if Washington is picking ahead of the Dolphins, I'd anticipate it tries to trade into the top two to ensure it gets the quarterback it wants.

The questions become whether the Dolphins can broker a trade to get in front of the Redskins (or any other team that has its sights set on a QB) or, perhaps, if the Redskins prefer RGIII to Barkley.

I'm not usually a person who favors trading up, but this year is the exception. Everything I've seen of Barkley this year screams to me he's going to be a special NFL quarterback. I think he and Luck are going to end up being like Marino and Elway. When that's your team's most pressing need and you are in a position to get a player of that caliber, you have to do everything you can to make it happen. I just don't see a lot of other top-10 pick talent this year that corresponds to the Dolphins' needs, either.

There's a lot to like about Griffin, but his throwing motion scares the heck out of me; that said, if the Dolphins can't get Barkley and stay around 7, I'd still probably roll the dice on him.

Trade up for Barkley if that's what it takes (and I think that is what it will take, because Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan are as desperate as we are, if not moreso).

I like CK's analysis of WEEDEN, and agree w/it 100%. I also find his referring to so many older HOF QBs as a compelling argument.

MIAMI MAY ALREADY HAVE its "QB of the future", in MOORE. He brings SO MUCH to the table that we haven't seen around here in a REALLY long time. He can make ALL of the throws that a topshelf NFL QB must make; he's accurate; he can throw "touch passes"; he's mobile, and he throws well on the run; and he has many "intangibles": (a) he plays smart; (b) he can lead; and (c) he's unflappable--he has poise, and seems to stay in control when everything around him starts to crumble. That POISE is special! All the great ones have it. Maybe it's born of confidence. Whatever, it makes one special. We've only seen MOORE for 2/3 of a year. But his progress is undeniable, i/m/o. And if he finishes the season as strongly as he has played in his last few games, then I myself will consider it to have been validated. And I pay no mind at all to what he did/didn't do at that "funny farm" called an NFL team where he last played. He got no benefit from being there: it was just mental foreplay, and a waste of 3 years of his professional life.

IF MOORE does in fact succeed, MIAMI should STILL draft a QB. But, it's MOORE's job, unless/until the Rookie outplays him. WEEDEN would be ideal. WARNER, MOON, STAUBACH, etc., as CK pointed out, make a shambles of the "age argument". And the way I see it, WEEDEN will go in the 2nd Round. So, IF MIAMI could draft a topshelf WR/pass-rushing OLB/"scatback"/DB (in that order) in the 1st Round, then it SHOULD still be a lot easier for MIAMI to move WAY UP in the 2nd Round to get WEEDEN. After that, it's strictly b/p/a, especially if stupid ROSS doesn't "cheap out" again and cost MIAMI the chance to land at least a solid G in F/A...like he did LAST preseason.

Let me know when you find the genie lamp that grants you your wish for a 22 year old quarterback of Brandon Weeden's skill level to magically be available to the Dolphins.

Exactly. Would we love a 21 or 22 y/o QB to come take the reigns for the next 1,000 years? Sure. Guess what, life doesn't always turn out the way you imagine it will. Everyone wants a franchise QB, and not everyone gets one because they're scarce. Drafting a potential franchise QB at 29 when the season starts next year is better than what we've had. Sure, there's a small chance Matt Moore could turn out to be something, but he's a journeyman at a young age for a reason. I subscribe to the Ron Wolf theory: you keep drafting QBs until you know​ that you have one.

The problem I have with drafting Weeden is that he won't play much better than Matt Moore is right now. Dalton--for all the respect he's getting--is not even outplaying Moore the past 6-7 weeks. Weeden is a lateral move because his career will be about as long as Moore's, and it's doubtful he'll play as well as Matt has (not to mention the risk of the unknown with drafting any rookie).

Assuming Moore plays like Dalton (which would be a pleasant surprise), we're getting the same from Moore. The only reason for drafting a QB--with Moore's recent success--is the long-term potential.

No one has any way of knowing that. That's an opinion at this point.

Agree Elliot you and ck and me are all on the same page as far as Weeden is concerned.

Listen, whatever you feel about Ryan Mallett, is irrelevant. That's not a slight against you. What I feel about Ryan Mallett is also irrelevant. I'm just making the point that the Patriots have their own opinion of Ryan Mallett. Their opinion is that he was THE best quarterback in that Draft. That's been confirmed multiple times through multiple sources and it's the reason they used a 3rd round pick on a quarterback when they originally had zero intention of doing that because they have Tom Brady and they really like Brian Hoyer. They feel about Brian Hoyer the same way the Packers feel about Matt Flynn. Eventually Mallett just fell so far that they, as value nuts, which they've always been, had to scoop him up regardless of need.

If they think he was the best quarterback in that Draft, there's a pretty good chance they believe him to eventually be a franchise quarterback if coached right, which they've been spending time and effort doing for a year. So my statement about them not wanting to hand a 23 year old elite quarterback to a division rival was an accurate statement. Not because Ryan Mallett IS or WILL BE an elite quarterback, I can't tell the future any more than you can. But because in THEIR minds he is, and they're the ones evaluating whether or not they should do the deal.

If they thought he was the best QB in the draft, why wait until the end of round 3? If they really thought he was the best QB in the draft then why not use their 2nd to make sure they got him? Why draft Shane Vareen a RB over "the best QB in the draft" as much as they didnt need a QB, they didnt need a RB either, they hardly ever run the ball, they have BJGE, Woodhead, and then draft Ridley the pick before Mallet inthe 3rd?

its one thing to say they got good value for Mallet in the 3rd, but to say you believe the best in the draft at any position not just QB is there, and you wait until the end of the 3rd round to hope he is still there just doesnt make sense

If they thought he was the best QB in the draft, why wait until the end of round 3? If they really thought he was the best QB in the draft then why not use their 2nd to make sure they got him? Why draft Shane Vareen a RB over "the best QB in the draft" as much as they didnt need a QB, they didnt need a RB either, they hardly ever run the ball, they have BJGE, Woodhead, and then draft Ridley the pick before Mallet inthe 3rd?

its one thing to say they got good value for Mallet in the 3rd, but to say you believe the best in the draft at any position not just QB is there, and you wait until the end of the 3rd round to hope he is still there just doesnt make sense

2 words: Tom Brady

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Most of that aged QB's that were mentioned by CK also spent time in another league before coming to the NFL. It's not like they came out of colledge at that age. Their exp in other leagues helped them succeed in the NFL when they finally got here.

2 words: Tom Brady

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
Exactly. Not that hard to figure out. Yes, the felt he was the best in the draft, but why on earth would they use their first on a QB? Now getting a QB they feel is the best in the draft in the third round? It's a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom