Who do we root for? Ravens, Patriots? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do we root for? Ravens, Patriots?

We need to just worry about winning. Because us winning not only puts the Ravens in basically a must win situation(which helps us), but should we lose, the Pats will know they have clinched the division and that could hurt their chances of staying focused and beating Baltimore(which of course hurts us a great deal should we need Baltimore to lose).
Why? They're still playing for a bye, you know.

Overtime ... and Belichik to be ejected.

But what everyone is missing is that the Patriots have never faced this situation in the last 10 years and won the division. They have never had to win in last game except in 2008 and they won the game but still lost the division to us. All the other years the division and playoffs was already secured and there was no pressure to miss the playoffs. That is what you are not seeing.

Year - Patriots lead in division in week 17 (games)

2003 - 4
2004 - 3
2005 - 3
2006 - 2
2007 - 7
2008 - even
2009 - 2
2010 - 3
2011 - 4
2012 - 4

So they have never faced week 17 with someone right on their heels. If we beat Buffalo you have to root for Ravens.
Put the Patriots in an unconformable position for the 1st time in Brady's tenure. JMO

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Name a recent team that did well in the playoffs with those rest your starters games in week 17. Why lose momentum?

ravens are 9-4 in the postseason since harbaugh and flacco got there...no thanks...not gonna root for em...

I do not want anything that gives the ravens any daylight. They are a team that 1) OWNS US for the last decade when it counts and 2) NEVER DIES.

May they lose early, often and ugly.

ravens are 9-4 in the postseason since harbaugh and flacco got there...no thanks...not gonna root for em...

I would think our odds of beating the Ravens in the playoffs are better than beating the Patriots a second time.

Usually it is hard too beat a team twice in the same year.

Ravens are due to lose to us eventually. Beating Brady 2 times in a row will be a tougher test.

It depends on if the Fins lose, and if the Bengals lose, then I definitely want the RAvens to lose. If Bengals win, then it won't matter as much. Fins losing would be especially important as fins could have another chance for the playoffs the next week if Ravens lose. Though I hope it doesn't come to that and fins take care of business this time.

Dolphins just need to win out and their in the playoffs. Nothing else matters although I would love to see NE lose the last two and we sneak in to win the division.

Rooting for ravens, because something freakish will happen and miami will win out and pats lose their last 2, and we get home field and the AFC East

I like that dream

Knowing the Patriots, they will probably lose this game diliberatly because they're 1 game up on us, and I believe they play the Bills in there last game, then they'll beat the Bills and clinch the AFC East at either 10-6 or 11-5. Motive? It would knock us out.

if Ravens and Cincinnati both lose on Sunday and we beat the Bills, we get in.

I'm not sure what to hope for other than win our next 2 games is a must.

im rooting for the patriots and to me its not even an option. i wanna make the playoffs, period. we've made it once in 11 years. a ravens LOSS gives us a better chance at making the playoffs, thats the bottom line.

those that saying "if we cant beat the jets or bills we dont deserve to get in" cracks me up. so lets say we beat the bills and lose to the jets but still make it youre not gonna watch our playoff game? giants won it all in 2011 after going 9-7, same record we'd have in this scenario. doesnt matter how you get in, just get in and anything can happen.

I would think our odds of beating the Ravens in the playoffs are better than beating the Patriots a second time.

Usually it is hard too beat a team twice in the same year.

Ravens are due to lose to us eventually. Beating Brady 2 times in a row will be a tougher test.

If the Jets can do it twice in 2009...then this Phins team, playing a much worse Patriots team than the 2009 Pats...Should definitely be able too.

Back
Top Bottom