Who do we root for? Ravens, Patriots? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do we root for? Ravens, Patriots?

Who you root for has no bearing on who wins or loses unless you're at the game. Just watch what happens and don't worry about it.

I do not want anything that gives the ravens any daylight. They are a team that 1) OWNS US for the last decade when it counts and 2) NEVER DIES.

May they lose early, often and ugly.

I agree with this, Ravens are slippery, and tough, and we have problems with them. If Miami wins, which honestly will be tough in Buffalo with that rain and wind...and the Bengals lose, then I definitely want Ravens to lose. We're in with a wildcard. Since we haven't been to the playoffs in a long time, I'm happy with getting in. I don't need to take the division.

Besides, I don't think Brady will lose another one in a row.

But getting a better idea of who we want to root for depends on the outcome of the 1pm games.

I would think our odds of beating the Ravens in the playoffs are better than beating the Patriots a second time.

Usually it is hard too beat a team twice in the same year.

Ravens are due to lose to us eventually. Beating Brady 2 times in a row will be a tougher test.
Holy gambler's fallacy...

It is a interesting discussion. The Dolphins aren't the only team that finds itself in this type of situation.

I live in Cincinnati area and the Bengal fans seem to have the same type of quandary. Should the Bengal fans root for Patriots to beat Ravens or Ravens beat Patriots?
They are battling Ravens for division and the Patriots for the #2 seed and bye. If they beat Minnesota in the early game they can clinch the division with a Ravens loss to Patriots.
But if Patriots win then their chance at the #2 seed goes down dramatically. Who do you root for? In this case I'm the same way as the Dolphins game. Swing for the fences rather than being content to make it in. This is if you have faith in winning the season finale at home. A Ravens win helps both Miami and Cincinnati reach their maximum playoff seeding as long as the win their finale at home. Of course if either the Dolphins or Bengals lose this week then fans of those teams will be rooting for the Patriots to win.

Good to see so many scenario's in play this late in the season.

Name a recent team that did well in the playoffs with those rest your starters games in week 17. Why lose momentum?

Bingo! That's one scenario I don't want.

This team sucks with time off under Philbin, too. I want to be fighting for a spot in week 17, not watching our backups.

By the way, out of Baltimore, New England, Indy and Cincinnati, the Bengals have probably been the strongest overall team this year, and very strong at home. But we've taken them two years in a row and in both games our QB was very efficient while our defense really made Andy Dalton look like the noodle armed scrub he is. I think the reasons for this are twofold: 1. Kevin Coyle knows Dalton and Jay Gruden very well, and 2. Ryan Tannehill sees that defensive scheme every single day in practice.

Indy is the only matchup I'd really like to see, because that's just a totally different team without Reggie Wayne, and we beat them when they DID have him.

This team sucks with time off under Philbin, too. I want to be fighting for a spot in week 17, not watching our backups.

By the way, out of Baltimore, New England, Indy and Cincinnati, the Bengals have probably been the strongest overall team this year, and very strong at home. But we've taken them two years in a row and in both games our QB was very efficient while our defense really made Andy Dalton look like the noodle armed scrub he is. I think the reasons for this are twofold: 1. Kevin Coyle knows Dalton and Jay Gruden very well, and 2. Ryan Tannehill sees that defensive scheme every single day in practice.

Indy is the only matchup I'd really like to see, because that's just a totally different team without Reggie Wayne, and we beat them when they DID have him.

Yes, I think the Cincinnati game earlier might have went the Bengals way if Giovanni Bernard didn't get injured. He was eating us up. It will be hard to beat them a second time with him healthy. But like you said Dalton could cough up another hairball in the playoffs.

The answer to his question would be the 2012 Ravens.

I could NEVER root for the cheatriots. I can't stand them, the Jets and the bills. Oh yeah and the cowgirls, but that's for a whole nother reason, lol! I'm rooting for my boys in aqua and orange and the rest will sort itself out! Go Fins this girl loves ya! Woot woot Fins Up!

I could NEVER root for the cheatriots. I can't stand them, the Jets and the bills. Oh yeah and the cowgirls, but that's for a whole nother reason, lol! I'm rooting for my boys in aqua and orange and the rest will sort itself out! Go Fins this girl loves ya! Woot woot Fins Up!

If we win and the Ravens and Bengals lose we clinch a playoff spot...does that change your mind? lol

if we win out we're in any way so that's what I'm rooting for. I would rather us get in on our own then need help. So I'm rooting for my boys only ;)

I'm swinging for the fences. Unless we are losing to the Bills, I want the Ravens to win. I hope the Bills players that are out this week are resting for a final epic battle against the Pats next week. Odds are the Pats win, I know. However, any given Sunday right?

I am rooting for the Colts and Bengals to lose.

A #2 seed IMHO would give us a great shot at the AFC Championship game. Week off AND a playoff game at home. GLORIOUS.

Yes, that means that we must win against the Jets at home, but that will make the road to #2 that much sweeter.

Back
Top Bottom