Who Do You Pound the Table For? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Pound the Table For?

My opinion, not crying about it.. Am I upset with the way this rebuild has gone, absolutely.

You talk about no running game, a line that is one of the worst in the league and no weapons other than Waddle and how that one weapon is better than a tackle THIS SEASON? 😂 That to me doesn’t sound like a team that if they make the playoffs will be able to compete with the best teams in the league. So I could care less if Waddle breaks the rookie record for completions or that he helps the Dolphins squeak into the playoffs, only to lose like the Dolphins did in Pittsburgh years ago.

This was sold to the fan base as a rebuild, which takes time to build. When you go get a Qb early in the rebuild you want to protect him first and foremost so that you can properly evaluate him. If the Qb can’t use the whole field because the line cannot block for him then that is a failure by the front office. It is a reason why Waddle is a ball magnet this season.

The Dolphins will have to spend at least $30 million of their salary cap next year just to get 2 older tackles because the ones Grier drafted aren’t NFL tackles.

Slater is a pro bowl tackle in his rookie year and in my opinion, a generational LT which we could have had at the 12th pick and also retained an additional 1st in next years draft. That 2 me (my opinion) is better value for a team that isn’t there yet in regards to playoff caliber. I’d much rather have a cheap all pro LT on a rookie contract than Waddle. You have seen in just the past few or so drafts Jefferson, Higgins and Moore go in the second round and they are very good receivers. There was no need to wast a future 1st round draft pick to select someone they really wanted if the team has so many current holes? Not a smart front office move in my opinion.

The wasted picks he has used to try to acquire tackles early in the draft these last 2 seasons is deplorable. 3 players in the first 2 rounds and an additional pick to get Eich this year. These guys are all guards, not one tackle, no? Failure again by Grier. But hey we have a shiny new toy in Waddle who we can’t use fully because we have no running game and no line for him to get deep to take the top off?

When you have a game as you say I’m playing where you could go back and forth with generational LT or as you say elite Wr, that means there are plenty of holes and when there are plenty of holes you don’t as a team trade up for players you want while at the same time lose valuable assets like early draft picks.

These are my opinions, which on a message board I’m entitled too, no? You may not agree with me but that’s ok, I won’t take it personally.

I really think Needham has made adding another corner quite silly, he has demonstrated hi end talent and instincts and versatility, what more could you want in a third corner

Kid needs to get paid too..

We also have Justin Coleman, I think we’re good at corner for a bit.

Our secondary is stacked

Holland, Jones, X, Jones, Needham, Coleman, Rowe..

How is a high draft pick necessary?
With Flo’s background I don’t see us going a single year without drafting a DB. I just hope we wait until day 3 for the next couple years, but I’m not optimistic. Flores collects DBs like I collect guitars and like my guitars collect dust.

No, trade down. Depending on how the Niners do in the playoffs, there may not be a prospect with a 1st round grade left to be picked. In which case, I would be trading down with a team looking for a player that they want to have a 5th year option on. In a draft where the 100th pick might have a better career than the 30th pick, I would love to have 2 seconds and 3 thirds.
I admit, that's always a tough question before the draft. You want to be in a position to be flexible, entertain offers, see what players drop etc.

But generally your position makes sense.

My opinion, not crying about it.. Am I upset with the way this rebuild has gone, absolutely.

You talk about no running game, a line that is one of the worst in the league and no weapons other than Waddle and how that one weapon is better than a tackle THIS SEASON? 😂 That to me doesn’t sound like a team that if they make the playoffs will be able to compete with the best teams in the league. So I could care less if Waddle breaks the rookie record for completions or that he helps the Dolphins squeak into the playoffs, only to lose like the Dolphins did in Pittsburgh years ago.

This was sold to the fan base as a rebuild, which takes time to build. When you go get a Qb early in the rebuild you want to protect him first and foremost so that you can properly evaluate him. If the Qb can’t use the whole field because the line cannot block for him then that is a failure by the front office. It is a reason why Waddle is a ball magnet this season.

The Dolphins will have to spend at least $30 million of their salary cap next year just to get 2 older tackles because the ones Grier drafted aren’t NFL tackles.

Slater is a pro bowl tackle in his rookie year and in my opinion, a generational LT which we could have had at the 12th pick and also retained an additional 1st in next years draft. That 2 me (my opinion) is better value for a team that isn’t there yet in regards to playoff caliber. I’d much rather have a cheap all pro LT on a rookie contract than Waddle. You have seen in just the past few or so drafts Jefferson, Higgins and Moore go in the second round and they are very good receivers. There was no need to wast a future 1st round draft pick to select someone they really wanted if the team has so many current holes? Not a smart front office move in my opinion.

The wasted picks he has used to try to acquire tackles early in the draft these last 2 seasons is deplorable. 3 players in the first 2 rounds and an additional pick to get Eich this year. These guys are all guards, not one tackle, no? Failure again by Grier. But hey we have a shiny new toy in Waddle who we can’t use fully because we have no running game and no line for him to get deep to take the top off?

When you have a game as you say I’m playing where you could go back and forth with generational LT or as you say elite Wr, that means there are plenty of holes and when there are plenty of holes you don’t as a team trade up for players you want while at the same time lose valuable assets like early draft picks.

These are my opinions, which on a message board I’m entitled too, no? You may not agree with me but that’s ok, I won’t take it personally.
I see both sides of this argument, which I don't think is a cop out.

Waddle is so impressive. Teams are scheming to stop him and he still gets open. Without him on offense, the Tua debates may have a different flavor.

But, yes I think you're building model makes more sense. Have to get the foundation, which is offensive and defensive lines first.

I think Grier and Flores thought they were further along with the offensive line and made a mistake with that evaluation.

With Flo’s background I don’t see us going a single year without drafting a DB. I just hope we wait until day 3 for the next couple years, but I’m not optimistic. Flores collects DBs like I collect guitars and like my guitars collect dust.
I think it's prudent to pick a DB and OL on the first two days in every, single draft, unless you're completely stacked at the position. It's not a bad idea to take a WR every year either.

Furthermore the Dolphins didn’t lose any picks.

Dolphins spent two first round picks on Waddle, #12 overall last year and whatever first round pick it ends up being this year, let's say #20 overall.

Tell ya what. Bowl games just aren't the same once players stopped playing in them to "train for the draft."

I don't know how often it happened before McCaffrey did it. Maybe I just noticed because it was high profile, and he was screwing Stanford. It sure seems to have become a very popular thing to do since then.

Tell ya what. Bowl games just aren't the same once players stopped playing in them to "train for the draft."

I don't know how often it happened before McCaffrey did it. Maybe I just noticed because it was high profile, and he was screwing Stanford. It sure seems to have become a very popular thing to do since then.

Well, coaches set the example by skipping out on their team and kids for other jobs.

Bowl games are more about getting a look at next year’s team unless you’re one of the 4 left playing for a National championship.

BURKS…been watching him for 3 years now and he would be a perfect compliment to Waddle. I never heard of him before watching Arkansas a couple years ago. He absolutely jumped off the screen the first time I saw him. Has a complete game. Size/Speed/Power/Hands/RAC.

Dolphins spent two first round picks on Waddle, #12 overall last year and whatever first round pick it ends up being this year, let's say #20 overall.
While this is true, couldn't you also say Miami went into the 2021 draft with the 3rd overall pick and parlayed that into Waddle (possible rookie of the year) and an additional 2023 1st round pick?

While this is true, couldn't you also say Miami went into the 2021 draft with the 3rd overall pick and parlayed that into Waddle (possible rookie of the year) and an additional 2023 1st round pick?
The 49ers traded up for Jerry Rice. Maybe Miami just got it right? Waddle certainly has superstar potential IMO.

Back
Top Bottom