Who Do You Pound the Table For? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Pound the Table For?

I agree. But X. Howard has had injuries. I don't think it would be a focus, but it could be a situation where the player is just too good to pass up.

Miami is always tinkering and adding to the secondary. I think that's where Flores wants to insure the team is strong.
I just think it’s a case where we should allocate assets elsewhere at this stage of the game…

Free agency dollars goes to the olineman, draft goes to skill players and the linebacker unit

I just think it’s a case where we should allocate assets elsewhere at this stage of the game…

Free agency dollars goes to the olineman, draft goes to skill players and the linebacker unit
That's what I would do. Haven't even focused much on secondary players, but if it's a Tunsil like situation maybe you don't pass?

Is there a secondary player that would be too good to pass up if he dropped to the Dolphins pick?

That's what I would do. Haven't even focused much on secondary players, but if it's a Tunsil like situation maybe you don't pass?

Is there a secondary player that would be too good to pass up if he dropped to the Dolphins pick?
I wound think about trading a hi pick for a Tunsil type player, thats how desperately I feel we need to upgrade this unit..whatever it takes to protect Tua from this sieve, they can’t do anything right, it’s amazing what he’s doing, just look at the Hollins play from last nite..

It’s a complete microcosm of the level of pressure this young Qb is under..

So I’m not looking at corners, I’m looking at olineman across all fronts and using my assets and cap money to upgrade..

You want the best out of our Qb, you protect him so he can unleash the hi level talent he does have

I wound think about trading a hi pick for a Tunsil type player, thats how desperately I feel we need to upgrade this unit..whatever it takes to protect Tua from this sieve, they can’t do anything right, it’s amazing what he’s doing, just look at the Hollins play from last nite..

It’s a complete microcosm of the level of pressure this young Qb is under..

So I’m not looking at corners, I’m looking at olineman across all fronts and using my assets and cap money to upgrade..

You want the best out of our Qb, you protect him so he can unleash the hi level talent he does have
I'm hopeful that Grier finds at least one quality offensive line starter in free agency. Two would be better, but probably unlikely.

Hunt is the only for sure keeper, but I think Deiter has played fairly well. Maybe Eichenberg, Jackson and a draft pick battle for the left guard spot.

No question, that has to be the focus and where a majority of the resources are spent. If Grier can solve the offensive line in free agency, then there is more leeway in the draft.

We've seen need picks in the draft take priority over talent. Jackson when Jefferson was available etc.

Miami can't have those types of misses. Have to get the talent when it falls to your pick.

There will be an offensive tackle on the board when we pick. You have to weigh need against best player available. I tend to lean bpa unless it’s close.

I'm hopeful that Grier finds at least one quality offensive line starter in free agency. Two would be better, but probably unlikely.

Hunt is the only for sure keeper, but I think Deiter has played fairly well. Maybe Eichenberg, Jackson and a draft pick battle for the left guard spot.

No question, that has to be the focus and where a majority of the resources are spent. If Grier can solve the offensive line in free agency, then there is more leeway in the draft.

We've seen need picks in the draft take priority over talent. Jackson when Jefferson was available etc.

Miami can't have those types of misses. Have to get the talent when it falls to your pick.

Miami drafted Jackson over Jefferson and then drafted Igbinoghene over Higgins. After just drafting your future QB, it's completely inexcusable to bypass quality WR's when your WR unit is poor. What did Cincinnati do with its second pick? Draft Tee Higgins, and the Bengals now have one of the 2 or 3 best 3-WR sets in the league. In 2022, there will be a WR available in the 20s, who should have gone about 10 picks earlier (like DJ Moore, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Tee Higgins, and Elijah Moore - yes, I'm aware that Brown and Metcalf fell even further). Miami will likely be drafting in the 20s, and they really can't afford to fall back any further in the arms race.

Miami drafted Jackson over Jefferson and then drafted Igbinoghene over Higgins. After just drafting your future QB, it's completely inexcusable to bypass quality WR's when your WR unit is poor. What did Cincinnati do with its second pick? Draft Tee Higgins, and the Bengals now have one of the 2 or 3 best 3-WR sets in the league. In 2022, there will be a WR available in the 20s, who should have gone about 10 picks earlier (like DJ Moore, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Tee Higgins, and Elijah Moore - yes, I'm aware that Brown and Metcalf fell even further). Miami will likely be drafting in the 20s, and they really can't afford to fall back any further in the arms race.
Can you imagine Waddle, Jefferson and Higgins? I suppose Miami would/could have gone a different direction if they already had Jefferson and Higgins and not taken Waddle. Maybe that trade up doesn't happen.

Wide receiver is a big need.

I do think when you have a unit this bad the philosophy of best player available might not work..

I do think when you have a unit this bad the philosophy of best player available might not work..

No. This GM traded up and spent two picks on Eichenberg when Spencer Brown, Larry Borrom, Landon Young were available. This upcoming draft he will have 5 picks on day 3. He can fk around on day 3 with his idea of offensive linemen, preferably UDFA. But not on day 1 and 2.

The reality is they may reach a little. I still think the offensive line coach is the biggest issue, but there is a talent deficit.

I will take Burke’s and Spiller and sign vet Oline in FA

I have no problem taking a stud C if our pick falls into the 20s because Burke will be gone imho

Johnny Gigglelo he is hurt SF could lose next 2

Last edited:
No. This GM traded up and spent two picks on Eichenberg when Spencer Brown, Larry Borrom, Landon Young were available. This upcoming draft he will have 5 picks on day 3. He can fk around on day 3 with his idea of offensive linemen, preferably UDFA. But not on day 1 and 2.
Yeah obviously can’t control Grier, just hope this time he goes free agency

With all due respect to Tyler Linderbaum, the Dolphins aren't going to make drafting him worth it. They're not going to run a scheme that gets the most out of him.

A good staff alters their scheme when the talent and skillset of their players allow for it.

I don’t see good reason to bypass a talent like Linderbaum. This team has been getting owned on the interior for years. It’s time to fix that problem. Grab the guy and adapt schemes to better fit what he and those around him can do or not do.

Linderbaum can captain your line for 15 years.

You say the good offensive tackles go so quickly? We could have had Slater and an additional first rounder in 2022 but they wanted Waddle. Waddle is a very good receiver but with the pick we lost in the Waddle trade we could have got Jameson Williams in next years draft. I would have rather had Slater, Williams and Linderbaum. Really didn’t like giving up that 1st to the Eagles last year.

This is such a tired argument. Based upon YOUR own preference.

You know how many o-lineman can be cited that could have been had later on in drafts?

Furthermore the Dolphins didn’t lose any picks. They only temporarily acquired it positioning themselves for a player they targeted. And that player wasn’t Slater. So stop crying about it.

Waddle has made a larger impact than Slater could have this season. Adding Slater to this line wouldn’t have magically made the line all that much better as he would only be 1 of 5.

Waddle however is about to set the all-time rookie record for receptions and has been one of the few bright spots on offense. His skill set and abilities has allowed MIA to accomplish just enough offensively to overcome a bottom of the league rush attack and worst win rate pass blocking offensive line. That’s how good he is.

Would having Slater help them overcome not having playmakers? Nope.

The Dolphins are far better off with Waddle than the unknown of Jameson Williams. They’ve got a sure thing. Waddle is the superior player anyway.

Lastly, for every alternative WR you can name an alternative lineman to Slater can also be named that could have been had later in the draft or will be available in future drafts.

This is a ridiculous game you’re playing that can easily be spun around on you. Take the lineman, you don’t have the elite playmaker. Take the elite playmaker, you don’t have the lineman. Round and round we go.

Last edited:
Trade up?
No, trade down. Depending on how the Niners do in the playoffs, there may not be a prospect with a 1st round grade left to be picked. In which case, I would be trading down with a team looking for a player that they want to have a 5th year option on. In a draft where the 100th pick might have a better career than the 30th pick, I would love to have 2 seconds and 3 thirds.

Back
Top Bottom