Who else is tired of playing not to lose | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who else is tired of playing not to lose

I'd rather win our next two games 2-0 and make the playoffs than lose even one 35-38 with 400+ yds and miss them.

It's not exactly like we're an offensive jaugernaut - if you think otherwise, you're deluding yourself. We're maximizing our realistic capabilities and that includes not inadvertently ending up being an offensive weapon for our opponents through turnovers and unnecessarily fatiguing our D.

For the first, in a long time, we're limiting our liabilities, understanding and exploiting our strengths and most importantly, playing SMART football. It may not be pretty, but it's refreshing.

We are winning, but the games are so boring to watch. I thought the patriots game was exciting, but we lost. I guess a win is a win.
Boring wins = Playoffs
Exciting Losses = High draft choices

Boring wins = Playoffs
Exciting Losses = High draft choices
I'm not complaining about winning, but as a sports fan, it's hard to watch a boring football game. Kinda like watching baseball!

Playing not to lose? You obviously weren't around when Gary Stevens and Kippy Brown were running the offense. How about Wanny Wadball O? I don't see it. However, I still don't think we have the talent to go too far. In a way, I wish we could have this schedule next year after another year of high draft choices.

Don't be fooled the Niners aren't the same Niners they were a month ago.

yup....and they're still the same niners that would have gone into pittsburgh, baltimore, tennessee or indy today and gotten rocked.
we need big plays late in games AT HOME to beat the bottom half of the league and come playoff time - IF we make it - i hope we're not exposed as a complete fraud.

What would our record be if we didn't have such a weak schedule?

That 3rd down pitch play I thought they got too conservative. Normally on 3rd and short they'll have Pennington throw it but instead they ran it again.

Actually, I thought it was not conservative enough. My wife was wondering why I was so mad about that play...until Carpenter hit the crossbar! If we gain zero yards OR any yards...Carpenter makes that field goal.

If you are going for the first down...throw the ball in that situation. If you are going for a field goal (probably the best option in this case), run it up the middle for a yard or two!

are you kidding me? Why is this even a thread? We have won 9 games and you want to nit pick?

How about this? Were winning. That's it.

are you kidding me? Why is this even a thread? We have won 9 games and you want to nit pick?

How about this? Were winning. That's it.

OK...we promise never, ever to make another thread that says anything that might require opinions or individual thoughts...if you promise not to respond to them! :lol:

It might work against average or bad teams, but if we play a good team it is going to hurt us. The game plans these guys come up with are atrocious. When it's 3rd and 6, why do we throw the ball 2yards? We have got to start playing to win the game. Why did it take to the middle of the 4th quarter for us to get aggressive on defense? :err:

Why throw the ball 2 yards?

Because two yards is safe. Short pass = small chance at a turnover & small chance they'll break a tackle and get the 1st down.

Long pass = medium chance of a 1st down catch & much bigger chance of a turnover.

The team's gotten where it is because we are stingy with the ball, we play smart football, and we don't hot-dog it out there and make stupid plays.

Back
Top Bottom