Who else is tired of playing not to lose | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who else is tired of playing not to lose

Why throw the ball 2 yards?

Because two yards is safe. Short pass = small chance at a turnover & small chance they'll break a tackle and get the 1st down.

Plus Carpenter makes that FG if we gain 2 yards and not loose 2 yards.

I don't see opinions... Just see wahhh, we won, wahhh.

Wow...you are kidding, right? Someone states that he thought that the Phins were conservative on third down (I am pretty sure that was an OPINION) and you are telling everyone to shut up and enjoy the win?

OK...everyone...if the Dolphins win...please do not post any new threads unless they deal with the fact that every play on offense, defense and special teams was the best play ever.

This board has new room for free thinking.

dont think that was towards you, but you said it best.

"shut up and enjoy the win"

dont think that was towards you, but you said it best.

"shut up and enjoy the win"

OK...I took that personally. (my bad)..and I do love the win. I thought we would be 5-11 after we go Chad and 3-13 before...so I am impressed. That being said, the team has to take advantage of every opportunity (sp?) it gets. I am old enough to remember the years when we had such promise for an upcoming year and then missed the playoffs.

...and I love the victory, but still think that the call on third down was the wrong call. I believe you can't run a play that looses yards in that situation. If we do not loose yards on third down, Carpenter barely MAKES that FG on the same kick instead of misses.

The team is going in the right direction.

OK...I took that personally. (my bad)..and I do love the win. I thought we would be 5-11 after we go Chad and 3-13 before...so I am impressed. That being said, the team has to take advantage of every opportunity (sp?) it gets. I am old enough to remember the years when we had such promise for an upcoming year and then missed the playoffs.

...and I love the victory, but still think that the call on third down was the wrong call. I believe you can't run a play that looses yards in that situation. If we do not loose yards on third down, Carpenter barely MAKES that FG on the same kick instead of misses.

hell yea! :beer1: thats more like it! :hi5:

That was a horrible play call on that 3rd down play. That is no time to be calling for a sweep. Pennington should have been throwing it in that situation and try and pick up the first down. That almost cost the Phins the game.

It might work against average or bad teams, but if we play a good team it is going to hurt us. The game plans these guys come up with are atrocious. When it's 3rd and 6, why do we throw the ball 2yards? We have got to start playing to win the game. Why did it take to the middle of the 4th quarter for us to get aggressive on defense? :err:

I am I am I am (Raising my hand)

yes it will we need to stop being conservative because this was our problem back in 1998 , and 1999 we just barely beat the bad teams and then we would get beat in the playoffs becuase of it.

So if you're the coach you want to either win by 20 or lose? Lets just get to the playoffs first then worry about making the low percentage high risk plays.

So long as we ARENT LOSING, Im not really tired of it.

What would have happened in the Bill/Jets game if the Bills would have been conservative as opposed to rolling JP Losman out with 2 minutes left??

Execution is all that matters. Execution can make ANY playcall look genious, and lack of execution can make the best playcall look ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom