Who Gets National Title Shot? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Gets National Title Shot?

The BigEast and Pac-10 have no reason to have a Conf Champ Game since they play every team in their Conf. I don't like the game and think that the total of season play more accurately decides who should play in the BCS game then a Champ game. It is about money plain and simple. It hurts conferences when you don't send your best team to the BCS game. Look at both the ACC and SEC last year. LSU and Va Tech were the best teams in their Conf and got beat by a team that knew them well. The winners of the Champ game went on to lose BCS games. Just imagine if Colorado would have beat Texas in their Conf Champ game.

I don't like it and I hope the BigEast never goes to a Conf Champ game. Personally I would like to see the BigEast add one team then have 8 conf games and 4 nonconf. Let the total sum of the season decide the winner. I like playing every team in your conference every year.

Last I will leave you with this final thought.

The Conference Championship Games do not validate the Topdog in the conference when they beat a team they should beat in the Championship Game. What they do is give the Underdog a chance to win and make up for mistakes earlier in the year.

The last game of the regular season for Ohio is Michigan, that is the conference championship game.

ohio state doesn't need gimmicky little East vs West, North vs South nonsense.... we play our schedule, we mop the floor with the Wolverines and thats that......

The LAST thing Ohio State and Michigan want is a "Championship game" .... we do things old school.

Bumpus said:
If we want a better product for college football, then a playoff system is the only way to go.

That would be nice, but there is way too much money tied up in the bowl system

Whitner20 said:
The last game of the regular season for Ohio is Michigan, that is the conference championship game.

The LAST thing Ohio State and Michigan want is a "Championship game" .... we do things old school.

Fact of the matter is this isnt only the Conference Championship game but most likely going to determin the National Champion this year.

Big Ten All The Way!

Whitner20 said:

ohio state doesn't need gimmicky little East vs West, North vs South nonsense.... we play our schedule, we mop the floor with the Wolverines and thats that......

:rolleyes: Give me a break with the old school garbage. Old school is sentimental nonsense in this argument. The fact is, if you had a conference championship game, you could face the same team twice... Just like UF will likely do with Auburn this year. Jesus, the Big Ten doesn't even make every team play each other, how weak is that :fire:

Back
Top Bottom