Who Gets National Title Shot? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Gets National Title Shot?

Whitner20 said:
What? When you Florida guys start to understand college football then you can appreciate the greatest rivalry in sports history.

Did you watch last years game.....far, far, far, from boring

Ohio State comes back down 21-12 with 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter to score with :24 left on the clock.......700 yards of offense, amazing game......

I hate OSU, but I do love to watch the OSU vs. Michigan games. They are always entertaining for any college football fan.

Frisches13283 said:
I hate OSU, but I do love to watch the OSU vs. Michigan games. They are always entertaining for any college football fan.

:yeahthat:

I feel the same way about USC/ND, Miami/FSU, LSU/Auburn, Auburn/Alabama, etc...

LouPhinFan said:
Blah, blah, blah, I get so TIRED of hearing crap like that. Yeah U of L and WVU's schedules aren't as strong because the league is recovering from the ACC raid. They can't really strengthen their nonconference schedule, because no one will play them. I know for a fact that Ohio State won't play U of L. We almost beat them in the early 90's at the horseshoe. After that game they said they would never sign for another series with us again. Cowardice...maybe. But I agree with them. Why sign for series with U of L when you already play in a tough conference with many tough games. I was amazed that they signed to play TX. U of L was lucky they got a series with Miami. Right now they're working on getting one with ND.

Ohio State wouldn't sign it then maybe...... but we have a new president, a new AD, and a new coach now..... we've got MONSTER schedules for the next decade...

On top of the Big ten schedule:

2007: @ Washington (not too bad, we'll need it)
2008: @ Univ. of Southern Cal
2009: USC @ the Shoe
2010: Miami, FL
2011: @ Miami, FL
2012: Cal (location TBA)
2013: Cal (location TBA)
2014: Va. Tech (TBA)
2015: Va Tech (TBA)
2016: Oklahoma (TBA)
2017: Oklahoma (TBA)
2009:

Whitner20 said:
Ohio State wouldn't sign it then maybe...... but we have a new president, a new AD, and a new coach now..... we've got MONSTER schedules for the next decade...

On top of the Big ten schedule:

2007: @ Washington (not too bad, we'll need it)
2008: @ Univ. of Southern Cal
2009: USC @ the Shoe
2011: @ Miami, FL
2012: Cal (location TBA)
2013: Cal (location TBA)
2014: Va. Tech (TBA)
2015: Va Tech (TBA)
2016: Oklahoma (TBA)
2017: Oklahoma (TBA)
2009:

I wouldn't exactly call them "MONSTER" but its definitely respectable compared to many of the top 10 team's schedules.

Motion said:
I wouldn't exactly call them "MONSTER" but its definitely respectable compared to many of the top 10 team's schedules.

Makes up for the past decade of fluff (non-conference) games, and the 7+ home games a year.

Frisches13283 said:
Makes up for the past decade of fluff (non-conference) games, and the 7+ home games a year.

??? Texas ???

in 2002 we played Texas Tech...Washington State who was #7 at the time... We've played Washington, NC State, and Texas twice over the last 4 years.....

Tressel doesn't schedule bums.

Whitner20 said:
WV and Louisville don't play ANYONE.....there schedules are garbage, and the Big East is on par with Conf USA and the MAC as far as competitiveness.....

The Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 laugh at the Big east.

If either of those teams gets consideration over a legitimate team that lost a game, simply for going undefeated against the teams they played it would be a joke.

Ohio State will be playing either Florida, or USC....unless Florida drops 2 games, USC loses to Michigan and WV loses to Louisville, and Louisville loses to Rutgers, throwq in a Texas loss @ nebraska ....

...fast forward to Nov 18th....Ohio State beats Michigan, yet Michigan reamins @ #2 setting up a rematch for the national title.. Ohio State vs michigan....the utimate game between the ultimate rivals.....

Sorry but Michigan losing a game that late will drop them. Not to mention a bowl game makes more money off having a new matchup. That will never happen.

Also I dont think WVU schedule is only easy because they play in the Big East. The problem is they play in the Big East and then schedule joke opponents for their non conference games. If they schedule some Big 10 or SEC teams, even a Pac 10 team would be an upgrade over what they play now as the non conference games Id have no problem with them.

On ESPN they just posted their projected BCS rankings, which come out next week, it was

OSU
USC
Florida

I forget the others but Notre Dame was 6 and WVU wasnt in the top 6

DonShula84 said:
On ESPN they just posted their projected BCS rankings, which come out next week, it was

OSU
USC
Florida

I forget the others but Notre Dame was 6 and WVU wasnt in the top 6

Unbelieveable, USC does not deserve to be that high.

Maybe they would have recovered from Coker's mess by then.

hard to tell right now, i hope florida is their, and if they only have 1 loss this year they deserve a shot

osu might lose a game, usc is overrated, michigan looks pretty good but who knows

in a couple of weeks we will know

I hate these early BCS rankings. They are absolutely useless at this point, and only serve as something for everyone to talk about.

Whitner20 said:
What? When you Florida guys start to understand college football then you can appreciate the greatest rivalry in sports history.

Did you watch last years game.....far, far, far, from boring

Ohio State comes back down 21-12 with 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter to score with :24 left on the clock.......700 yards of offense, amazing game......

pack it in your big O pal...we don't need any lessons from you.

finswin56 said:
I hate these early BCS rankings. They are absolutely useless at this point, and only serve as something for everyone to talk about.

Article I was reading the other day said OSU was only #1 in 3 of the 6 BCS components.

Back
Top Bottom