Who Will Lead the AFC EAST in Receiving this Year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Will Lead the AFC EAST in Receiving this Year?

Who Will Lead the AFC EAST in Receiving?

• Randy Moss

Votes: 34 20.1%
  • Donte Stallworth

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Laurence Mauroney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wes Welker

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Lee Evans

Votes: 87 51.5%
  • Marshawn Lynch

• Chris Chambers

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • Marty Booker

• Ronnie Brown

• Laverneous Coles

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Jericho Cotchery

• Leon Washington

• David Martin

• Ben Watson

• Other- Please Specify!

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
Who is going to lead the AFC EAST in Receiving this Year?
How surprising that the Bills fan left Ted Ginn off the list. :rolleyes: Not that I think he is going to lead the AFC East, but he has a far better shot then players like Leon Washington, Marshawn Lynch and Ben Watson who made your list.

Anyways, it will be Lee Evans that leads the AFC East this year. Mostly because the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins have pretty good depth and the ball will be spread out a lot more. Besides Lee Evans, the Bills have absolutely no one, so he will have the ball coming to him a lot.

Is this for all around receiving or just in catches, yards per catch, total yards receiving and/or touchdowns?

lee evans he is the bills only option, unless someone else emerge from their recieving corps.

How surprising that the Bills fan left Ted Ginn off the list. :rolleyes: Not that I think he is going to lead the AFC East, but he has a far better shot then players like Leon Washington, Marshawn Lynch and Ben Watson who made your list.

Anyways, it will be Lee Evans that leads the AFC East this year. Mostly because the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins have pretty good depth and the ball will be spread out a lot more. Besides Lee Evans, the Bills have absolutely no one, so he will have the ball coming to him a lot.
If your gonna make statements like that u better know who the bills have and how talented they are and i dont think that Peerless Price, Roscoe Parish, and Josh Reed are that bad to be considered nobody and if u believe that they are your obviousley forgeting about that 21 to 0 loss last year.

If your gonna make statements like that u better know who the bills have and how talented they are and i dont think that Peerless Price, Roscoe Parish, and Josh Reed are that bad to be considered nobody and if u believe that they are your obviousley forgeting about that 21 to 0 loss last year.
Roscoe Parrish - 23 receptions, 320 yards, 2 TDs.

Peerless Price - 49 receptions, 402 yards, 3 TDs

Josh Reed - 34 receptions, 410 yards, 2 TDs.

I repeat the Bills have absolutely no one behind Evans.

I really hate having to see Lee Evans twice a year. I think we picked the wrong Wisconsin receiver.

Coles or Evans.

Miami will spread the ball around. Cam has never shown that he favors any receiver in his offense. Trent likes to spread the ball around too. The exception was Gonzalez and we have no TE on that level.

NE also like to spread the ball around. Factor in that Moss doesn't always play hard and Stalworth can't seem to stay healthy so I would rule them out.

Evans is Buffalo's only target so he should have a huge year.

Coles should also have a huge year. Granted, the Jets have Cotchery but their depth is sad after that. They should have a running game this season so opposing secondaries won't be able to focus on Coles as much either. Penny is also a better QB than Losman so I have to lean towards Coles for now.

Both are great receivers though. I look for Chambers to get a lot of catches but not as many as either one of them.

I think it will be Randy Moss. Here is why. People can say all they want to about the Patriots spreading the ball. The Patriots haven't had any WR on a team with Brady that had the capabilities that Moss has. Second, I'm not sold on Laurence Maroney as a full-time RB. I don't think he's going to put up great numbers, and I think that the Patriots OLine is a bit overrated IMO. They can be manhandled up-front at time. Also, the arrival of Donte Stallworth and his speed won't allow Safeties to free-lance and give help to men covering Moss. The Patriots simply have too many other threats that can go deep--Stallworth, Washington or over the middle---Watson, Welker. I think that helps Moss' numbers. Also, I think a great example is in Dallas last year. Dallas had a pretty nice WR core already with Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton and Jason Witten at TE. The idea was that with a Parcells lead team no WR had ever dominated the ball---well, as we saw last year, that wasn't the case with TO with the season he had last year. They probably forced the ball too much to him at times. I think you could very well see that this year.

I like Lee Evans. I think he has much more potential than Chambers. However, I'm not sold that he won't be Chambers-esque. They had eerily-similar numbers their first 3 years and while Evans broke out a year earlier than Chris did, I'd like to see Evans put up some consistency there. He might find it difficult too--especially out of the gate. No defense is going to gear up against Marshawn Lynch. They're going to be giving help to Evans' side over top a lot---weary of his speed and him beating them deep. There isn't really any other threat besides Evans that the Bills have--either at WR or TE.

I think it'll be Moss, which isn't necessarily a good thing for the Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom