Who with Drake in our RB corp next year ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who with Drake in our RB corp next year ?

Carlos Hyde at the right price, or maybe a draft pick.

Guice, even at #11, might be hard to pass up. Both of the Georgia backs in round 2 would be intriguing. I think Miami would look middle rounds.

If Jarvis Landry goes elsewhere, you get a legit tight end in free agency and give Jakeem Grant some action in the slot. I'd also look to the draft, perhaps earlier than expected.
No way I’m taking Guice at 11 I think Sony Michel is the second best RB in the draft. And I wouldn’t take him at 11

I see that Sons of Shula is posting on another forum under a different name, a clever name. He correctly emphasized tonight the same thing I mentioned earlier, that a power component is so necessary especially in the playoffs.

If the team is dominant everywhere then you can stray everywhere, and get away with a tinkerbell running back at lead. But for the vast majority of teams it is vital to control the game physically on the ground, to slow the game and shut up that home crowd, if you are on the road. Jacksonville did an excellent job of that last week and for the vast majority of today's game. Granted, they invested in a special talent in Fournette.

It's the reason you can't accept some regular season Monday Night game against Oakland at face value and conclude that our new dancing style is an improvement, that we made the correct decision in jettisoning the power back. That is very poor situational awareness. It is hardly a direct transfer to January.

Even the Patriots have understood the necessity, while making great and under appreciated use of Blount in several postseasons.

If Landry goes. I'll do what it takes to get Bell to Miami. Im dreaming ofcourse but Bell, Drake, Stills, Ridley (#11 selection)Grant in the slot looks dam good to me. Notice I didn't mention Parker. I want him traded for a TE or Draft pick...

I actually thought of that because Bell was wanting the same money Landry is because Bell considers himself both a RB and WR.

I would love to draft San Diego State Rashaad Penny if he is there in the third round.

Christian Kirk of Texas A&M can give us the same thing Landry can, with better speed.

Throughout the season Penny has been my go-to value back, but people are starting to catch on, and I'm seeing some 2nd RD grades. Freeman and John Kelly are still undervalued - something to keep an eye on.

I’d draft Sony Michel in the 2nd round 10/10 times.

That’ll add supreme power for the team, he’s so damn good.

Nick Chubb would be the ideal contrast of styles with Drake. There are alot of good draft options. Jerrick McKinnon is also a FA. He's a lot like drake

If we're smart we'll pair him with a power guy like Ajayi ... no one of consequence.
Nick Chubb. Ajayi couldn't even listen to his coaches. He had to go

I’d draft Sony Michel in the 2nd round 10/10 times.

That’ll add supreme power for the team, he’s so damn good.

I think he is the type of RB that fits what we do. I keep seeing these players that are the opposite of what Miami wants to do and that do not have the team have to change the playbook when a different RB is in the lineup. That was the issue with Ajayi as he wasn't a good receiver and added nothing as a blocker. Now, there are backs that are good between the tackles and good receivers. Dalvin Cook last year comes to mind and the aforementioned Penny in this year's draft is another.

I looked at FA pool and declared RB and I must tell that a Miami Hometown RB corp with Franck Gore (I think we need a solid veteran ) and Mark Walton picked in the third (need another young RB to grow behind Drake) would enjoy me.

Furthermore, if Landry leaves who would be our choice to replace him ?

Opinions
Get Dion Lewis (FA) & Add Mark Walton in the draft. While you're at it, get Chris Herndon too as TE.

Chubb and Drake backfield I'm all in.
I’m not a fan of chubb he is a big Back that runs like a scat back that doesn’t have the speed of a scat back and has little power for being so big.

Back
Top Bottom