who would you all be flat out pissed with at #8... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who would you all be flat out pissed with at #8...

Reiff would be the worst pick being discussed. Ingram doesn't make any sense to me as a DE. And I don't like the value. I'd go Perry over Ingram all day.

Reiff>Couples

Reiff would at least be a starter for 10 years. Once Couples gets a check, his mind will not be on the game.

If they take a big man, I would prefer it was oline. We are thin at OLine. Dline is stacked.

I hope they take a play maker or trade down.

Any OL pick would piss me off. I don't care how talented Reiff or DeCastro are. I don't even care if he projects to Steve Hutchinson like qualities, either (and I'm a huge fan of having a strong line on both sides). It's time for this regime to earn their paychecks. Other teams draft tackles and guards in the 2nd round and later. Somehow, those teams still find their way to the playoffs because the QB is elite. This franchise has been dicking around with the QB position for way too long. It's time to draft a QB in the first round. I don't care how good your guards, tackles, pass rushers etc are. If you don't have a legit QB, nothing else matters.

I agreed until you mentioned drafting a legit QB. Tannehill is a great prospect, but far from legit. If the staff are not sold on RT, I have no problem with them selecting another player of need, BPA, or trading down.

Reiff: short arms make it tough for him in pros. if we took OL, I would take DeCastro

Claiborne: he is good but not elite..if he fell, would trade pick to someone who wants him

Barron: would be reaching big-time to fill a need

Any DT especially Poe or Brockers: not a need and those 2 guys are 1 year wonders
Wha? Claiborne is definitely elite. If by some crazy chance he fell to us, Ireland should be fired on the spot if he passed on him. Claiborne and Davis? Yes please.

I think if the Dolphins passed on Tannehill, he'd drop like A Rogers did in the draft and Miami could get him in round 2. Here's why:
Miami passing on him would be a huge red flag and would scare everyone and he'd be like a baby ruth in a swimming pool. Then they could grab him later like Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

Devon Still or Michael Brockers would just floor me at #8 overall. I'm not even sure in Jeff Ireland's own ****ed up mind he could really justify either selection.

Melvin Ingram would not make sense to me, especially over Quinton Coples.

I share the questions about Riley Reiff. Jonathan Martin would be worse. At least you know David DeCastro will just be an excellent football player regardless of whether the need or value matched up well.

Dre Kirkpatrick or Mark Barron would probably piss me off.

i agree martin would be worse...than reiff...i think reiff will make a solid right tackle...martin i don't know if he'll be a good anything...i think he's a couple years away if he ever makes a good left tackle...

mark barrons in my personal final 5 for #8 given what i know will be off the board then...along with kuechly coples decastro and floyd...

Coples was too slugglish on the field for me. I'd be concerned about the lack of productivity in 2011 even if he was good in 2010. I don't want a guy who turns it on and off. Not at 8 anyway.

My top 5 at 8:

1. Tannehill--his ability to throw on the run is really good. He also stands in the pocket and has the ability to throw out patterns past the hash marks.
2. Michael Floyd--good player, productive, fills a major need.
3. Luke Kuechly--just an excellent linebacker.
4. David DeCastro-could help Miami have a dominant front for years
5. Mark Barron--good football player

Mark Barron is to me overrated. Solid safety but he's not going to be one of the stars at that position and if that's the case I have a tough time figuring why I'm drafting him in the 1st round rather than taking one of the guys later on that will also be a solid safety, like a Brandon Taylor or Duke Ihenacho, both of whom I've been talking about a long time. Taylor has fantastic intangibles and range that most people don't recognize. I had him at a 4.50 in the 40 yard dash, which doesn't really surprise me based on what I saw of his games.

Winston Guy pretty underrated.

i think taylors gonna be solid also not special...ihenechado ehhh not really a fan...i think barron was the best defender on that bama team all season every time i watched them i always said he's the premium talent on that d...i think he's a real difference maker

Any wide reciever !

This draft is too deep to take a wr at the #8 spot From what I've read the west coast offense does not need an offical #1 receiver they spread the ball around. I would not like Weeden either at #8.

I have read the post on Phin Phanatic that made a lot of sense, the post by "massanuttenref" gave stats that Matt Moore was sacked 4 times in each of the 6 loses, and 2 times in each of his six wins. The writer listed four games including 4x vs Denver 18-15, 5x vs Giants 20-17, 4x vs Dallas 20-19, and 5x vs New England 27-24.

The Dolphins lost those four games by a total of 10 points, and Matt Moore was sacked a total 18 times in those close games. the post says and I agree we need a better right side of the offensive line and if we would have our record very possibly been 10-6 instead of 6-10. To me the QB was not the biggest problem. Like he said go with the not so sexy pick of DeCastro at #8. Winning will sell tickets and we need a line that will protect our QB. Not only that but can you imagine our running game with Decastro pulling for Bush. Not sexy but it makes very good sense in the long run.

We can wait until later rounds and get Brock Osweiler to develope. Then a pass rusher, LB, Safety, and wide receiverlater on in this draft.

Any wide reciever !

This draft is too deep to take a wr at the #8 spot From what I've read the west coast offense does not need an offical #1 receiver they spread the ball around. I would not like Weeden either at #8.

I have read the post on Phin Phanatic that made a lot of sense, the post by "massanuttenref" gave stats that Matt Moore was sacked 4 times in each of the 6 loses, and 2 times in each of his six wins. The writer listed four games including 4x vs Denver 18-15, 5x vs Giants 20-17, 4x vs Dallas 20-19, and 5x vs New England 27-24.

The Dolphins lost those four games by a total of 10 points, and Matt Moore was sacked a total 18 times in those close games. the post says and I agree we need a better right side of the offensive line and if we would have our record very possibly been 10-6 instead of 6-10. To me the QB was not the biggest problem. Like he said go with the not so sexy pick of DeCastro at #8. Winning will sell tickets and we need a line that will protect our QB. Not only that but can you imagine our running game with Decastro pulling for Bush. Not sexy but it makes very good sense in the long run.

We can wait until later rounds and get Brock Osweiler to develope. Then a pass rusher, LB, Safety, and wide receiverlater on in this draft.

did the post also tell you that matt moore held onto the ball too damn long???

Back
Top Bottom