Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin?

Yea, unfortunately Miami did not have two team lay down for them last year, they have had to do it the hard way, but Philbin's team did Crush Rex's twice in 3 meeting.

You can also see growth in Philbin's team week to week, month to month, year to year, as far as football is concerned, while with Rexy, it was more about out dueling the Giants in front page...unfortunately for him, it was normally due to something embarrassing, instead of something great football worthy.

But a coach who has taken Sanchez to 2 AFCCG is only cut out to be a DC? lol

Exactly, without any team giving a free pass to Miami, Miami does have a great shot at still making it.

I watched them play, they were pretty much the same team in 2010, then they were in 2009....so no, they did not grow much at all.

Just reminding you what Rex was most interested in in that time.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Miami is lacking in a very important area....O-line.

if you make it a big reason may be b/c KC rests starters- would that be teams laying down for you? I wonder what you will think then?

then you have no idea what you are watching.

yes, rex didn't want to win. he wanted to beat the Giants to the back pages:rolleyes2:

Oh, it's all the OL's fault. You know your OL was playing great and a major reason why you are in the position you are in right now, right?

the facts are Rex has 1 losing season, Philbin has zero winning seasons. The facts are Rex has 4 playoff wins, Philbin has yet to be in a race by week 17. Sorry if that bothers you, I could lie and say I'd rather have Philbin but I'm not a liar.

Lol..then why do most Jets fans wants Ref fired?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Let's re-start this debate this week.

Rex's team was impressive yesterday in that they played hard for him as they think he is getting the ax. Why can't Joe Philbin ever get that "bounce" out of the team? Joe has done a nice job keeping the team together, but his team is so flat in big spots too many times.

Wait..what about the first Jets game..the Pitt game..and the NE game?

There is no way that I would want Rex Ryan as my head coach. He is way too one-dimensional and fails to appreciate or plan for the offensive side of the ball. It is obvious in watching the fiasco that was Mark Sanchez these last few years, to the Tebow debacle last year and then getting Sanchez hurt this year. I have seen their offensive production decline each year since Rex has taken over and while more and more emphasis is placed on the defense. If I was hiring a "D" coordinator, I would put Rex at the top of my list......he also appears to be an excellent game planner on the defensive side of the ball. That is why he performs well against top name offenses (Patriots and Saints this year)....because it gives him an opportunity to shine in that spotlight. However offensively, he doesn't appear to have a clue.

Philbin would be an easy choice for me over the two as a head coach. I think it is way too early to know if Philbin is a long term solution or not, but so far, I think he is on the right track.

Lol..then why do most Jets fans wants Ref fired?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Wait..what about the first Jets game..the Pitt game..and the NE game?

b/c most Jet fans are idiots.

I would choose neither. I say both because Philbin has the worst OC in the history of the NFL and will do nothing about it.

if you make it a big reason may be b/c KC rests starters- would that be teams laying down for you? I wonder what you will think then?

Let us see how many key players KC rests.

then you have no idea what you are watching.

Yet you're the one that thinks Sanchez is a top QB. I know what I'm watching.

yes, rex didn't want to win. he wanted to beat the Giants to the back pages:rolleyes2:

No, he wanted to win, but he was way to interested in getting more press then the Giants, he even said he wanted to be the #1 talked about team in the NY area.

Oh, it's all the OL's fault. You know your OL was playing great and a major reason why you are in the position you are in right now, right?

Let's see, the last few games before this one in Buffalo, Miami's O-line has looked pretty decent, and Miami has won, this past Sunday, Miami's O-line stinks it up, and Miami loses....Yea, I think the O-line is a big part of it, with some blame here and there, but if the O-line plays well, Miami probably wins, at the very least are in position to win.

Let us see how many key players KC rests.

Yet you're the one that thinks buttfumble is a top QB. I know what I'm watching.

No, he wanted to win, but he was way to interested in getting more press then the Giants, he even said he wanted to be the #1 talked about team in the NY area.

Let's see, the last few games before this one in Buffalo, Miami's O-line has looked pretty decent, and Miami has won, this past Sunday, Miami's O-line stinks it up, and Miami loses....Yea, I think the O-line is a big part of it, with some blame here and there, but if the O-line plays well, Miami probably wins, at the very least are in position to win.

let's say they sit Smith, Charles, etc... and that is how you make it. Are you going to complain? of course not.

Never called him a top QB, I said he was top 10 in 2010, that doesn't make him a top QB.

well 3 of the 5 years we'll have a better record than the Giants w/ more playoff apps too. I guess if that was his goal it worked.

but Ryan tannehill is a better version of a young Tom Brady(that is what I heard last week:lol:), it's about him not the OL.

let's say they sit Smith, Charles, etc... and that is how you make it. Are you going to complain? of course not

If they don't play, or are winning when they are taken out, and lose, we will have gotten in like you, if they are losing when they are taken out, then it means zilch.

Never called him a top QB, I said he was top 10 in 2010, that doesn't make him a top QB.

You did, and I proved it to you already.

well 3 of the 5 years we'll have a better record than the Giants w/ more playoff apps too. I guess if that was his goal it worked

And with all the extreme misbehaving on that squad (Including your HC), then yes, I guess so.

but Ryan tannehill is a better version of a young Tom Brady(that is what I heard last week:lol:), it's about him not the OL.

Just stats wise if comparing both of their 1st two starting season, Tannehill will obviously need to win a few SBs before that takes shape.

At least Junc has his excuse the Dolphins making the playoffs (if they even do) this year. Because KC sits their starters or b/c Baltimore lost.

At least Junc has his excuse the Dolphins making the playoffs (if they even do) this year. Because KC sits their starters or b/c Baltimore lost.

I don't have any excuses, please read slowly and carefully. I was asking him based on him making pathetic excuses about the Jets. Just like when I bring up 2008, I have always said you earned it but I simply make the point that IF you make the pathetic excuses about the Jets getting a gift you have to apply that same lack of logic to Miami 2008 or if you win and KC rests starters Miami 2013. If you make it you have earned it no matter what the circumstances.

I don't have any excuses, please read slowly and carefully. I was asking him based on him making pathetic excuses about the Jets. Just like when I bring up 2008, I have always said you earned it but I simply make the point that IF you make the pathetic excuses about the Jets getting a gift you have to apply that same lack of logic to Miami 2008 or if you win and KC rests starters Miami 2013. If you make it you have earned it no matter what the circumstances.

Stop It...Just stop it...being logical and fair is not allowed..LOL

...And I said if the same scenario occurs with us, we will have gotten in just as pathetically as your team, but if the Ravens lose full force, and the chiefs lose full force (AT least losing when they were taken out)....then shhhh

Oh and I forgot, in order to make it as big a free pass as what the Jets got in 09, then Jets will obviously have to also sit some players at least at halftime.

Last edited by a moderator:
...And I said if the same scenario occurs with us, we will have gotten in just as pathetically as your team, but if the Ravens lose full force, and the chiefs lose full force (AT least losing when they were taken out)....then shhhh

it doesn't matter how you get in, did you have a problem w/ getting in playing dead teams in 2008 and no Brady to deal w/? it doesn't matter, all that matters is if you get in.

Back
Top Bottom