Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin?

being 5-6 w/ that does. keep in mind how awful the QB has been and how he has no choice since our best QB has been hurt all year.

The jobs Rex has done this year and last year have been amazing. The records were better years 1 and 2 and he won 4 playoff games but he has done a better job w/ what he has had to work with the last year and a half.

There's a lot pressure on ny sports teams to keep up with what is going on in boston. Rex has had 5 years to get the job done and he hasn't. You can argue about talent all you want but at the end of the day it's all about winning and the jets are regressing in his stint. There's no bright future awaiting for rex's 6th year, there is no miracle cure all that's going to catapult them ahead of the pats. Rex's fate will not be decided on his coaching abilities, it will be because of his failure to keep up with belichik and the pats.

There's a lot pressure on ny sports teams to keep up with what is going on in boston. Rex has had 5 years to get the job done and he hasn't. You can argue about talent all you want but at the end of the day it's all about winning and the jets are regressing in his stint. There's no bright future awaiting for rex's 6th year, there is no miracle cure all that's going to catapult them ahead of the pats. Rex's fate will not be decided on his coaching abilities, it will be because of his failure to keep up with belichik and the pats.

2 of his 5 years his teams advanced further than NE and one his team whipped NE on the road in the div rd.

and I disagree about pressure vs. Boston teams, that is meaningless.

Rex has done an outstanding job and the future does look bright. The QB is showing signs, we have a dynamic DL that is very young and getting better, we have tons of picks and cap room. There is a ton of work to be done but they are clearly on the right path which could be ruined if they foolishly fire Rex.

I could see Rex landing somewhere as a DC, he is a very good DC but thats about it. He controls one half of the field but cannot handle the offense and everything else. He needs to go somewhere where the offense is established and has the defense to himself. Ex. Gregg Williams in D.C with Gibbs part II

I could see Rex landing somewhere as a DC, he is a very good DC but thats about it. He controls one half of the field but cannot handle the offense and everything else. He needs to go somewhere where the offense is established and has the defense to himself. Ex. Gregg Williams in D.C with Gibbs part II

how is a guy w/ the 3rd most playoff wins since entering the league just a DC? have you seen what he has had to work with on O the last 2 years? he is a top 10 Head Coach in this league. Not many HCs would have been able to get 7-8 wins out of this team this year. Spectacular job by Rex.

2 of his 5 years his teams advanced further than NE and one his team whipped NE on the road in the div rd.

and I disagree about pressure vs. Boston teams, that is meaningless.

Rex has done an outstanding job and the future does look bright. The QB is showing signs, we have a dynamic DL that is very young and getting better, we have tons of picks and cap room. There is a ton of work to be done but they are clearly on the right path which could be ruined if they foolishly fire Rex.

The honeymoon is over. Rex has gone backwards since 2010. I agree that his team over achieved this year, most people had them at 5 wins tops. That still doesn't cut in the eyes of those banging their fists on the table. I know you think they can make a 4 game leap from this year , as a lot of fans of teams think that way. But it's just not going to happen, geno is not going to be much better, the dolphins are rising and the pats will be there again next year. I think woody has made up his mind already and the rex fans won't be happy but at least woody will be off the hot seat for a couple years.

Put a gun to my head, I'd probably say Philbin.

Philbin.

Rex is a D-Coordinator that is over his head at HC, and he has proven to bring more chaotic tension then growth to his team. We don't yet know as much about Philbin as far as HC as we do Rex, but what we do know is, his teams are more professional, and more focus. If the Jon Martin situation had happened to the Jets, Rex would have lost the team.

As far as game day, in 3 games coaching against each other, Philbin has been worlds better.

The honeymoon is over. Rex has gone backwards since 2010. I agree that his team over achieved this year, most people had them at 5 wins tops. That still doesn't cut in the eyes of those banging their fists on the table. I know you think they can make a 4 game leap from this year , as a lot of fans of teams think that way. But it's just not going to happen, geno is not going to be much better, the dolphins are rising and the pats will be there again next year. I think woody has made up his mind already and the rex fans won't be happy but at least woody will be off the hot seat for a couple years.

who said anything about a 4 game leap? that means 11-12 wins next year. I never said that but I expect to compete for postseason through week 17. I would expect 9-10 wins next year assuming we have a good offseason.

the dolphins have been rising since the say I started posting here(2004), the Pats will always be good as long Brady can still play.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Philbin.

Rex is a D-Coordinator that is over his head at HC, and he has proven to bring more chaotic tension then growth to his team. We don't yet know as much about Philbin as far as HC as we do Rex, but what we do know is, his teams are more professional, and more focus. If the Jon Martin situation had happened to the Jets, Rex would have lost the team.

As far as game day, in 3 games coaching against each other, Philbin has been worlds better.

and don't win as much through 2 seasons.

you guy shut out yesterday, you lost by almost 3 TDs to the Bills in a HUGE game for Miami so please stop until philbin gets you in postseason and wins playoff games.

All I have to say about this is Philbin has been a major disappointment this season.

Yea, being in position to reach the playoffs with no true O-line, and a major distraction from the Jon Martin camp, is a horrible job. Really disappointing job, he needed to know from the beginning of the season, either undefeated season, and Superbowl, or go home.

and don't win as much through 2 seasons.

you guy shut out yesterday, you lost by almost 3 TDs to the Bills in a HUGE game for Miami so please stop until philbin gets you in postseason and wins playoff games.

Yea, unfortunately Miami did not have two team lay down for them last year, they have had to do it the hard way, but Philbin's team did Crush Rex's twice in 3 meeting.

You can also see growth in Philbin's team week to week, month to month, year to year, as far as football is concerned, while with Rexy, it was more about out dueling the Giants in front page...unfortunately for him, it was normally due to something embarrassing, instead of something great football worthy.

how is a guy w/ the 3rd most playoff wins since entering the league just a DC? have you seen what he has had to work with on O the last 2 years? he is a top 10 Head Coach in this league. Not many HCs would have been able to get 7-8 wins out of this team this year. Spectacular job by Rex.

Because Offensively they have not been anything special, maybe it has more to do with having a mediocre QB for the last couple of years, but other then a few good Running teams, there has been nothing special offensively.

Yea, unfortunately Miami did not have two team lay down for them last year, they have had to do it the hard way, but Philbin's team did Crush Rex's twice in 3 meeting.

You can also see growth in Philbin's team week to week, month to month, year to year, as far as football is concerned, while with Rexy, it was more about out dueling the Giants in front page...unfortunately for him, it was normally due to something embarrassing, instead of something great football worthy.

stop w/ those pathetic excuses, you faced a team out of the race w/ a 3rd string QB(AGAIN) and Again you lost. Stop w/ the whiny excuses, you have a great chance to make it anyway.

Rex's team didn't grow from 9 to 11 wins year 1 to year 2?

what do the giants have to do w/ anything? you are really reaching.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Because Offensively they have not been anything special, maybe it has more to do with having a mediocre QB for the last couple of years, but other then a few good Running teams, there has been nothing special offensively.

it has more to do w/ lack of depth and lack of weapons. w/ all those weapons Miami still isn't even averaging 20 PPG

stop w/ those pathetic excuses, you faced a team out of the race w/ a 3rd string QB(AGAIN) and Again you lost. Stop w/ the whiny excuses, you have a great chance to make it anyway.

Exactly, without any team giving a free pass to Miami, Miami does have a great shot at still making it.

Rex's team didn't grow from 9 to 11 wins year 1 to year 2?

I watched them play, they were pretty much the same team in 2010, then they were in 2009....so no, they did not grow much at all.

what do the giants have to do w/ anything? you are really reaching.

Just reminding you what Rex was most interested in in that time.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

it has more to do w/ lack of depth and lack of weapons. w/ all those weapons Miami still isn't even averaging 20 PPG

Miami is lacking in a very important area....O-line.

Back
Top Bottom