Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin?

Yes but Rex winning playoff games is not a trend. The last three years he has been losing.

he's only had 1 losing season, this year will likely be 2. Philbin has never even had a winning season.

he's only had 1 losing season, this year will likely be 2. Philbin has never even had a winning season.

You're just being obnoxious to get a rise out of people. Philbin has one losing season and is currently .500 this season. Rex took over a talented team with a strong core drafted by Mike T and Mangini. Since, he has two AFCC games and the last three seasons has descended.

Rex Ryan and the playoffs are not a trend.

You're just being obnoxious to get a rise out of people. Philbin has one losing season and is currently .500 this season. Rex took over a talented team with a strong core drafted by Mike T and Mangini. Since, he has two AFCC games and the last three seasons has descended.

Rex Ryan and the playoffs are not a trend.

Philbin has plenty of talent so what is his excuse?

Unfortunately the OL started the season slow and we still haven't gotten the running game on track. Coupled with an investigation that has disrupted the organization I think he's done a pretty good job keeping the team together.

Philbin didn't let what could have been a continuous circus exist something that Rex couldn't do as your season spiraled out of control last year. Once again, this year the Jets find themselves the laughingstock of the NFL.

Unfortunately the OL started the season slow and we still haven't gotten the running game on track. Coupled with an investigation that has disrupted the organization I think he's done a pretty good job keeping the team together.

Philbin didn't let what could have been a continuous circus exist something that Rex couldn't do as your season spiraled out of control last year. Once again, this year the Jets find themselves the laughingstock of the NFL.

your run game is fine, the problem is the playcalling abandoning the run and considering Philbin is supposed to be an offensive guru maybe he should be in his OCs ear?

your run game is fine, the problem is the playcalling abandoning the run and considering Philbin is supposed to be an offensive guru maybe he should be in his OCs ear?
No the run game isn't. If you watched the Dolphins games you would have seen that once the OL got their heads out of their collective asses, our running backs can't find the open lanes. Miller has no vision just straight line speed. Though Thomas has shown improvement he can't stay healthy.

No argument about the play calling and I am not at all happy with Philbin not correcting it. What else you want to throw out there?

If you're not counting the 09 season when a mediocre 7-7 team that actually needed to beat and lost to a dead team at home in game 14 to stay in the race faced two teams that considered their games with them so meaningless that they sat their starters halfway through, the outcomes so laughingly egregious that it results in an immediate end of season scheduling policy change, and I don't**, then Rex has had only 1 legitimate unaided, non-charitable winning season in 4 years

**14-0 Colts starters who through game 14 were averaging 30pts scored and 18 given up per game, outscored the jest 45-27 (and 24-0 in the last 31 mins of the POs) in approx 1.5 games that as far as any doubt about the outcome of game 15, prorates out to 30pts for and 18 per game over those 2 games. So at best unless you're lookng at this through rose colored fan glasses, the jest in 09 whose overall strength of schedule thru 14 games of facing opponents who were trying was .482 and 2-3 vs winning teams (ask me for the detailed workup pls)

So Rex has managed to cobble together 1 winning season, no divisional titles in 4 years on his own merits.

Oh and junc goes on and on in TGG about how much better Sanchez would have been if Keller didn't go down last season - well guess what? For Tannehill, no Keller, lost Gibson, his go-to guy, turned Hartline a #2 or#3 receiver into a 1000 yarder (vs Kerley's 850 or so yards last season who seems just as talented), has had at least 2 equivalent of Wayne Hunter on the OL, has had an anemic running games at times, vs Sanchez's '12 RB tandem gaining 1500 yds, has had to deal with a lot bigger distraction than running into someone's butt this season, and has a kicker with the yips who may or may not have made the kick to beat the Ravens on the same penalty called on NE vs the jest but not called on Baltimore.. etc etc. Junc declares that it's wins that matter, not how good you look losing. Well as far as that goes, Rex finished '11 0-3, went 6-10 in '12 and currently is 5-7... so over the past 2 season equivalents, he's won 11 out of the last 31 games. You connect the dots.

Reality: Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell had more to do with the jest making 2 postseasons than either Sanchez or The Immoral Foot Perv!

No the run game isn't. If you watched the Dolphins games you would have seen that once the OL got their heads out of their collective asses, our running backs can't find the open lanes. Miller has no vision just straight line speed. Though Thomas has shown improvement he can't stay healthy.

No argument about the play calling and I am not at all happy with Philbin not correcting it. What else you want to throw out there?

you don't have Emmit Smith back there but you have had good enough Rbs to have a decent run game w/, if you abandon at the first sign of trouble how will you ever know? an example w/ my team, 2009 div playoffs. through 3 qtrs. our RBs averaged 3.4 YPC, we couldn't run. did we abandon? no, and Greene busted a 53 yd TD and opened the game up.

You guys pass way too much, I know you have talented receivers but w/o balance it is hurting the team and the QB who isn't ready to shoulder that burden on a consistent basis.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

quiet vaark- knowledgeable football fans are trying to have an intelligent football discussion.

Typical New Yorker/Jet fan
This post is who we would rather have as a head coach. I pick Phinbin, but as usual a JET fan has to try and piss on everything else always forgetting the facts. Keep thinking Rex like you did with Sanchez. Philbin might not be the guy long term, but I like his style a lot more than the the blowhard NY Jets style. But you are the ass here NYJUNC

Typical New Yorker/Jet fan
This post is who we would rather have as a head coach. I pick Phinbin, but as usual a JET fan has to try and piss on everything else always forgetting the facts. Keep thinking Rex like you did with Sanchez. Philbin might not be the guy long term, but I like his style a lot more than the the blowhard NY Jets style. But you are the ass here NYJUNC

the facts are Rex has 1 losing season, Philbin has zero winning seasons. The facts are Rex has 4 playoff wins, Philbin has yet to be in a race by week 17. Sorry if that bothers you, I could lie and say I'd rather have Philbin but I'm not a liar.

what a stupid question, philbin all the way. Rex is a punk and I just don't like him

Rex Ryan would do wonders with the talent on Miami's D. He has done a great job this despite a bad roster. Say what you will, but he has had playoff success. Joe has underachieved. Period.

sounds like a GREAT D Coord to me

I'll stick with Philbin, IM sorry from the death of his son to bullygate he has been even keel about it all, he is someone I would love to lead this team, when the fire is around him he doesn't budge

sounds like a GREAT D Coord to me

I'll stick with Philbin, IM sorry from the death of his son to bullygate he has been even keel about it all, he is someone I would love to lead this team, when the fire is around him he doesn't budge

one is a great defensive mind and has had top 5-10 Ds most of his time here
one is supposedly an offensive guru and his offenses have stunk

Philbin has plenty of talent so what is his excuse?

Wow, you guys really be starved of talent if you think we have plenty of it. The Bengals are a good example of a team that has plenty of talent with a mediocre QB.

Let's re-start this debate this week.

Rex's team was impressive yesterday in that they played hard for him as they think he is getting the ax. Why can't Joe Philbin ever get that "bounce" out of the team? Joe has done a nice job keeping the team together, but his team is so flat in big spots too many times.

Back
Top Bottom