Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin?

the dolphins are better than 6-6. lack of halftime adjustments, complete lack of commitment to the run for most of the season, inexcusable losses to buff-tb and carolina...this team has underperformed big time. if rex were coaching this team im pretty sure we would be better than 6-6. say what you want about him but our defense would be much much better and we would run the ball more. philbin and his staff should be ashamed that we dont have a better record!

the dolphins are better than 6-6. lack of halftime adjustments, complete lack of commitment to the run for most of the season, inexcusable losses to buff-tb and carolina...this team has underperformed big time. if rex were coaching this team im pretty sure we would be better than 6-6. say what you want about him but our defense would be much much better and we would run the ball more. philbin and his staff should be ashamed that we dont have a better record!

Are you for real?
Is Philbin a HOF HC. No but to expect him to be as a career assistant is laughable. He is only in year 2 of the coach learning curve.
The last two weeks have shown me that he team is very well prepared to execute the gameplan despite distractions that no other team has to contend with. Thats the Joe Philbin effect.

Rex is presiding over a 5-7 team that should be 3-9.
Also Rex is in year 4 and his team is getting worse with each year.
Some of his talent has eroded, but the fact is he took over a team that was stocked with veterans. His teams get tons of penalties, are unprepared, get blown out.
How come he can really get them prepared for the Patriots and no one else?
He was a glorified D coordinator who had a penchant for putting his team in awkward spots with his bombastic nonsense.
Yes he has cut out the bombastic nonsense now but it took him 3 years to learn that?

All of the Ryans were great defensive minds .... and all of them either have not or will not be successful as Head Coaches ....

would i take him as a DC ... sure, he would get even more outta this D than Coyle ...

For a HC .... would rather have a great manager ... i don't care if he shows emotion on the field.

All of the Ryans were great defensive minds .... and all of them either have not or will not be successful as Head Coaches ....

would i take him as a DC ... sure, he would get even more outta this D than Coyle ...

For a HC .... would rather have a great manager ... i don't care if he shows emotion on the field.

3rd most PO wins since becoming HC in 2009 says he's not successful? Interesting.

3rd most PO wins since becoming HC in 2009 says he's not successful? Interesting.
Aside from inheriting a lot of talent drafted by TBaum and Mangini, like his dad Rex started out being able to get guys to play with chips on their shoulders. But like his dad the mantra is wearing thin in year 5.

Had the Jets stuck with Mangini I am not so certain they wouldn't have had at least the same success if not more.

Aside from inheriting a lot of talent drafted by TBaum and Mangini, like his dad Rex started out being able to get guys to play with chips on their shoulders. But like his dad the mantra is wearing thin in year 5.

Had the Jets stuck with Mangini I am not so certain they wouldn't have had at least the same success if not more.

unlike his dad he actually won playoff games.

if we stuck w/ Mangini I'm not sure we win a single playoff game. Think about, we had a very similar team in 2008 w/ a much weaker sched, no Brady to deal with and a future HOFer as our QB and we couldn't even make the playoffs let alone make a title game.

if we stuck w/ Mangini I'm not sure we win a single playoff game. Think about, we had a very similar team in 2008 w/ a much weaker sched, no Brady to deal with and a future HOFer as our QB and we couldn't even make the playoffs let alone make a title game.

The tattooed-toe-sucking-wife-swapper is the perfect fit for the Jets and their fans and the new mayor. I hope he stays there forever.

#4 was your problem not Mangini. You should be more thankful to his drafting and free agents he brought in. The Jets first 2 years under Rex were suscessful because of the players left buy the previous staff...

#4 was brought in by your owner to fill seats.

#4 was your problem not Mangini. You should be more thankful to his drafting and free agents he brought in. The Jets first 2 years under Rex were suscessful because of the players left buy the previous staff...

#4 was brought in by your owner to fill seats.

seats were always filled(until PSLs) so he wasn't brought in for that. How did Mangini do drafting w/ Cleveland?

One team has a QB that can't play in this league w/ a cast of skill guys that wouldn't make most teams. Let's not get crazy here, Philbin has done a nice job keeping the team together but Miami has MUCH more talent to work with and that talent showed up on Sunday.

I'll give Rex this much... He's NEVER had a QB that belongs in this league. Good thing he inherited all that defensive talent to bail him out of his bullheaded decision to start the dirty taco for no other reason than his wife wanted someone she could trust to hold the camera while Jabba and her got all freaky.

Rex is a perfect JET, he is a good defensive coach but a typical JET or JET FAN who is best described as a obnoxious blowhard. I can't stand that whole look at me attitude.
Remember in his first year Rex hand picked Dirty Sanchez who came out of college early when his USC coach (Pete Carrol) said he was not ready yet. But Rex moved up in the draft the get him.

Joe Phinbin quietly goes about his business, he is only in his second year as a head coach. IMHO I think he will go further than Rex who by the way is going the opposite direction- down with Mark Sanchez.

VOTE PHILBIN!

Rex is a perfect JET, he is a good defensive coach but a typical JET or JET FAN who is best described as a obnoxious blowhard. I can't stand that whole look at me attitude.
Remember in his first year Rex hand picked Dirty Sanchez who came out of college early when his USC coach (Pete Carrol) said he was not ready yet. But Rex moved up in the draft the get him.

Joe Phinbin quietly goes about his business, he is only in his second year as a head coach. IMHO I think he will go further than Rex who by the way is going the opposite direction- down with Mark Sanchez.

VOTE PHILBIN!

yep, I remember Rex coming here and winning 4 playoff games while philbin goes about his business losing.

My god, the asinine things posted on this board.

yep, I remember Rex coming here and winning 4 playoff games while philbin goes about his business losing.

My god, the asinine things posted on this board.
Yes but Rex winning playoff games is not a trend. The last three years he has been losing.

Back
Top Bottom