Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you rather have as HC: Rex or Philbin?

with better coaching we would be 8-3 maybe even 9-2. philbin has done an awful job and leaves you shaking your head virtually every single week. how anyone can say philbin has done more with less is absolutley hilarious. id take rex any day of the week. philbin is as bad a coach as cam cameron in my opinion and should be fired as soon as the season ends. my lasting image of this joke of a head coach is him standing on the sideline with the challenge flag in his hand and his mouth wide open on that catch by matthews in new england(ruled out of bounds but you can clearly see on the replay he had both feet in) and not challenging the play.

If I wanted my toes sucked-Ryan otherwise Philbin. Too many people on this site want to "fire everybody and clean house" every year. Don't you understand that's a big part of our problem. We have no continuity, you need to give people some time, sucks, but that's what it takes. I don't think Philbin is a bad coach. Is he great, I don't know yet. Does anyone remember Belicheck in Cleveland? I'm willing to give him another year or two. Coaches seldom come in and turn around a franchise in two years. If they do it's usually a fluke or they inherited a talented yet poorly coached team. Jim Harbaugh & Mike Tomlin only current coaches to do it in 2 years. Both arguably inherited talented, underachieving teams. Now as far as keeping Ireland 2 more years, that's a different story.....

Who still thinks Rex is better? Their offense rivals the Harlem Globetrotters with the butt-fumbles and runningbacks running while the ball lays on the ground. My wife and 4 year old got a good chuckle out of that play anyway.

Exactly one team came prepared and one team didnt in a playoff elimination contest. Any fin fan still want Rex just peek at jets insider they'll get a laugh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rex's teams earned their way into the playoffs based on merit (not on the basis of a 14-0 team deciding to rest their starters after they were ahead at the half) once in 4 seasons. So let's not go crazy over his illusionary "success." It's like some average student getting into Yale surrounded by others who had no alumni relative to rely on and thus having to qualify based on high high school average, very high SATs and a sufficient track record of community service. He can brag that he's in Yale, but he sure didn't get in the old fashioned way by earning his way in. From the 7th game 2011 - close of 2012, Rex's teams lost 13 out of 19 games. From that 2012 7th game until tonight, those teams have won 11 out of 31 games. Whether it's gonna end up being Philbin or not, how impressive is that? I'd want him as a DC for sure, but I sure wouldn't want the guy who called Sparano his offensive mini me version to run my team. Thanks but no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly one team came prepared and one team didnt in a playoff elimination contest. Any fin fan still want Rex just peek at jets insider they'll get a laugh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One team has a QB that can't play in this league w/ a cast of skill guys that wouldn't make most teams. Let's not get crazy here, Philbin has done a nice job keeping the team together but Miami has MUCH more talent to work with and that talent showed up on Sunday.

Rex's issue is his bravado works well at first, but once things get rough his act kind of wears thin. It's happened in the past to coaches with similar attitudes.

But the biggest issue for Rex is he has always had the belief that his defense is good enough to win him games, and it's a very very good defense. The problem is for the most part in recent years they completely ignored the offense.

Philbin? He does some things well and some not so well. Has to be more consistent

Rex's issue is his bravado works well at first, but once things get rough his act kind of wears thin. It's happened in the past to coaches with similar attitudes.

But the biggest issue for Rex is he has always had the belief that his defense is good enough to win him games, and it's a very very good defense. The problem is for the most part in recent years they completely ignored the offense.

Philbin? He does some things well and some not so well. Has to be more consistent

they had rough times in 2009 and 2010 and bounced back so there goes that theory.

they had rough times in 2009 and 2010 and bounced back so there goes that theory.

Selective listening at it's finest. They bounced back twice, failed twice, and while there's a chance they could bounce back this year it's looking like it's going to be 3 straight failed years.

Coaches that do nothing but boast and brag have a short life when it comes to success. You don't have to like it, but it's the truth

Can we merge Philbin's attitude Tuesday-Saturday with Rex's on field attitude Sunday-Monday? That would work.

Selective listening at it's finest. They bounced back twice, failed twice, and while there's a chance they could bounce back this year it's looking like it's going to be 3 straight failed years.

Coaches that do nothing but boast and brag have a short life when it comes to success. You don't have to like it, but it's the truth

the last 2 years the fact that we were even in the race as late as December was miraculous, you need talent to win. He's won more w/ less but you still need talent.

Rex hasn't boasted or bragged in years.

Back
Top Bottom