Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

Seriously, you do it with a lot of AFCE fans. Someone criticizes the Jets, and you bring up record if they re Bills/Dolphins fans, or playoff record if they are Patriots fans. It is quite difficult to have a legit conversation with you.

wait so I should sit back and allow fans of bottom feeding teams that have been horrible for years and years criticize my team and say they suck and not respond w/ the facts? I can't help you if you cannot accept the truth.

What is a legit conversation? "Jets suck, the Bills are great" then what? I deal in reality.

wait so I should sit back and allow fans of bottom feeding teams that have been horrible for years and years criticize my team and say they suck and not respond w/ the facts? I can't help you if you cannot accept the truth.

What is a legit conversation? "Jets suck, the Bills are great" then what? I deal in reality.

You'd have the same reaction to anyone who criticized the Jets, let's be honest. Even if Pats fans were here talking **** you'd say the Jets have been better than them in 2 of the last 3 years.

You'd have the same reaction to anyone who criticized the Jets, let's be honest. Even if Pats fans were here talking **** you'd say the Jets have been better than them in 2 of the last 3 years.

It's true that we have been better 2 of the last 3 years.

Based on your criteria of more playoff wins that resulted in nothing. NE has had a far superior regular season record the last 3 years to go along with 3 division titles and a Super Bowl App. Both really don't mean much, but I would prefer the 3 division titles, 9 more regular season wins and a Super Bowl App over 2 AFCC game losses when my team was realistically 8-8 two out of those 3 years.

You went further than they did in 2009 and 2010. They went further last year than your team has in 43 years. It's semantics at this point.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Based on your criteria of more playoff wins that resulted in nothing. NE has had a far superior regular season record the last 3 years to go along with 3 division titles and a Super Bowl App. Both really don't mean much, but I would prefer the 3 division titles, 9 more regular season wins and a Super Bowl App over 2 AFCC game losses when my team was realistically 8-8 two out of those 3 years.

I hope he and all Jets fans would prefer to have the Pats success since Brady has been QB. Who wouldn't?

2009:
Jets win 2 playoff games
Pats win ZERO
Jets 1 Pats 0

2010:
Jets win 2 playoff games
pats win ZERO
jets beat up pats in playoff at Foxboro
Jets 2 Pats 0

2011:
pats reach SB
Jets fail to make playoffs
Jets 2 Pats 1

I'd prefer to be playing for the SB 2 of 3 years rather than 1 of 3 years, div titles are nice but w/o playoff success do they have much meaning?

You went further than they did in 2009 and 2010. They went further last year than your team has in 43 years. It's semantics at this point.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I hope he and all Jets fans would prefer to have the Pats success since Brady has been QB. Who wouldn't?

since Brady has been QB? No doubt, I'd do anything for a run like they have had since 2001, that doesn't change the fact we've been better 2 of the 3 yars under rex- at least when it matters most.

I'd much rather go 9-7 and wint he SB the way the Giats did than 14-2 and lose my first playoff game like NE did in 2010.

I'd prefer to be playing for the SB 2 of 3 years rather than 1 of 3 years, div titles are nice but w/o playoff success do they have much meaning?

It's funny how you criticize Eli and the Giants for being a wild card who didn't win their division in either SB run but now the only important thing is playoff success.....which of course the Giants have had.

since Brady has been QB? No doubt, I'd do anything for a run like they have had since 2001, that doesn't change the fact we've been better 2 of the 3 yars under rex- at least when it matters most.

I'd much rather go 9-7 and wint he SB the way the Giats did than 14-2 and lose my first playoff game like NE did in 2010.

I know you won't ever in your life let go the fact of the Jets run in 2009 and 2010. Yes those 2 years were better than the Pats in those 2 years. The Pats have been better than the Jets in roughly 8 of the last 10 years. Don't let me stop you from hugging your '09 and '10 AFCCG pillows at night though.

2009:
Jets win 2 playoff games
Pats win ZERO
Jets 1 Pats 0

2010:
Jets win 2 playoff games
pats win ZERO
jets beat up pats in playoff at Foxboro
Jets 2 Pats 0

2011:
pats reach SB
Jets fail to make playoffs
Jets 2 Pats 1

What above is different than what I said? Your criteria is more playoff wins that resulted in nothing more than NE. You honestly would prefer 2 AFCCG losses in 3 years to actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years?

We are not talking about playing for the Super Bowl 2 of 3 years compared to 1 of 3 years. We are talking about actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years compared to 0 of 3 years.

Div titles and a good regular season record allows you to play a home playoff game and possibly a bye, which gives you a better chance at success. You call those things meaningless since NE didn't have playoff success (at least in 2009 and 2010) but what do AFCC games mean when you lose? At least NE actually made the Super Bowl in that time frame. Just like you will take a worse record if it results in more playoff wins, I'll take a couple years of playoff losses if it results in a Super Bowl App instead of 2 AFCC game failures.

Last edited by a moderator:
What above is different than what I said? Your criteria is more playoff wins that resulted in nothing more than NE. You honestly would prefer 2 AFCCG losses in 3 years to actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years?

We are not talking about playing for the Super Bowl 2 of 3 years compared to 1 of 3 years. We are talking about actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years compared to 0 of 3 years.

Div titles and a good regular season record allows you to play a home playoff game and possibly a bye, which gives you a better chance at success. You call those things meaningless since NE didn't have playoff success (at least in 2009 and 2010) but what do AFCC games mean when you lose? At least NE actually made the Super Bowl in that time frame. Just like you will take a worse record if it results in more playoff wins, I'll take a couple years of playoff losses if it results in a Super Bowl App instead of 2 AFCC game failures.

I'd prefer a SB app but I said we were better 2 of the 3 years not all 3 years. I wish we had NE's easy road to the SB in 2011 then again they earned that w/ a great reg season.

What did those 14 wins in 2010 do for NE? what did GB's 15 do last year? I'd much rather be a WC team and have a chance at the SB than win a division and be one and done.

I'd prefer a SB app but I said we were better 2 of the 3 years not all 3 years. I wish we had NE's easy road to the SB in 2011 then again they earned that w/ a great reg season.

What did those 14 wins in 2010 do for NE? what did GB's 15 do last year? I'd much rather be a WC team and have a chance at the SB than win a division and be one and done.

Every team in the playoffs has a chance at the SB. It's strange, you ride the Jets' nuts for winning four playoff games yet failing to get to the SB but now NE and GB also failed with their high win totals that didn't translate into getting to or winning the SB either.

How can you have both?

Every team in the playoffs has a chance at the SB. It's strange, you ride the Jets' nuts for winning four playoff games yet failing to get to the SB but now NE and GB also failed with their high win totals that didn't translate into getting to or winning the SB either.

How can you have both?

NE in 2009 got crushed at home in the WC rd, they didn't have a shot
in 2010 we beat them up in the div rd.

We played in the gamne that sent the AFC representative to the Super Bowl. NE didn't.

The jets did something in those postseasons, NE and GB did not. They were SB favorites and didn't win a playof game- that is a complete failure.

NE in 2009 got crushed at home in the WC rd, they didn't have a shot
in 2010 we beat them up in the div rd.

We played in the gamne that sent the AFC representative to the Super Bowl. NE didn't.

The jets did something in those postseasons, NE and GB did not. They were SB favorites and didn't win a playof game- that is a complete failure.

The Jets failed too did they not? Or was it that since they didn't have stellar regular seasons like NE and GB did it wasn't that big of a failure.

NE lost in the SB twice to the elite Giants. Guess who beat the Packers last year too? :lol:

The Jets failed too did they not? Or was it that since they didn't have stellar regular seasons like NE and GB did it wasn't that big of a failure.

NE lost in the SB twice to the elite Giants. Guess who beat the Packers last year too? :lol:

The jets won 2 playoff games each season, NE & GB combined for ZERO. Do you not see the difference?

NE failed last year since they were SB favorites but it wasn't close to the failure of 2009 or 2010 where they didn't win a playoff game.

according to you the '07 Giants were not elite and we have to wait 3 years on the '11 team.

Better than what the *9 wins and 11 wins did for the Jets. It advanced them to a divisional home game without them even having to play. I'll take that any day over having to play 3 road games to reach the SB. They lost and ended up going home just like the Jets did. So what? Did the Jets get a trophy for advancing further? IMO, Advancing further in the playoffs doesn't necessarily make you the better team. Especially when you compare the regular season records. NE proved they are the better team over 3 years by making it to the Super Bowl when the Jets did not. If the Jets can win a Super Bowl over the next 3 years it changes to the Jets being the better team over 6 years even if NE has more playoff wins during that time frame. Playoff wins don't mean much if you fail to reach the Super Bowl.

Better than what the *9 wins and 11 wins did for the Jets. It advanced them to a divisional home game without them even having to play. I'll take that any day over having to play 3 road games to reach the SB. They lost and ended up going home just like the Jets did. So what? Did the Jets get a trophy for advancing further? IMO, Advancing further in the playoffs doesn't necessarily make you the better team. Especially when you compare the regular season records. NE proved they are the better team over 3 years by making it to the Super Bowl when the Jets did not. If the Jets can win a Super Bowl over the next 3 years it changes to the Jets being the better team over 6 years even if NE has more playoff wins during that time frame. Playoff wins don't mean much if you fail to reach the Super Bowl.

you can act like vaark and whine about 2009 but we won the games required to win to make it. Miami had destiny in their hands w/ 3 games to play against 3 teams that wouldn't make the playoffs w/ 2 of the games at home and they lost ALL THREE!

NE was the better reg season team, the Jets better postseason team. I'd rather be the better postseason team.

Back
Top Bottom