Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

The jets won 2 playoff games each season, NE & GB combined for ZERO. Do you not see the difference?

NE failed last year since they were SB favorites but it wasn't close to the failure of 2009 or 2010 where they didn't win a playoff game.

I see the difference. But what did the Jets winning 11 games and then 9 do for them? Nothing.

according to you the '07 Giants were not elite and we have to wait 3 years on the '11 team.

There has to be some sort of chemical imbalance in your diet or something b/c you just haven't been able to understand my personal belief of what being elite is.

The 2007 SB winning Giants were not elite. They became elite after winning this year. They ARE elite now. We don't have to wait for anything. If they don't have success this year into the next few years then we could start saying they're no longer elite.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

you can act like vaark and whine about 2009 but we won the games required to win to make it. Miami had destiny in their hands w/ 3 games to play against 3 teams that wouldn't make the playoffs w/ 2 of the games at home and they lost ALL THREE!

NE was the better reg season team, the Jets better postseason team. I'd rather be the better postseason team.

The Dolphins have nothing to do with this discussion. Stop trying to deflect.

you can act like vaark and whine about 2009 but we won the games required to win to make it. Miami had destiny in their hands w/ 3 games to play against 3 teams that wouldn't make the playoffs w/ 2 of the games at home and they lost ALL THREE!

NE was the better reg season team, the Jets better postseason team. I'd rather be the better postseason team.

I * the 9 wins because I believe the difference between the Jets making the playoffs and missing the playoffs was playing Indy backups for 2 quarters. That is not the point though and like phinz said, this isn't about what the Dolphins did or didn't so. You were asking what 14 wins and 15 wins got NE and GB. It got them an advantage in the playoffs by giving them a week off with an automatic advance and a home game. They were not able to take advantage of it, but that doesn't make it meaningless. It got them more than the Jets 9 and 11 wins. Both ended up at home with nothing. The Jets advance further in 09 and 10. That is not debatable. You are claiming they were the better team over the last 3 years because they advanced further. I disagree. looking at the 3 year period as a whole, NE is the better team.

NE:

9 more regular season wins
3 division titles
3 playoff apps
1 Super Bowl app

NYJ

9 less wins
0 division titles
2 playoff apps
0 Super Bowl apps

I * the 9 wins because I believe the difference between the Jets making the playoffs and missing the playoffs was playing Indy backups for 2 quarters. That is not the point though and like phinz said, this isn't about what the Dolphins did or didn't so. You were asking what 14 wins and 15 wins got NE and GB. It got them an advantage in the playoffs by giving them a week off with an automatic advance and a home game. They were not able to take advantage of it, but that doesn't make it meaningless. It got them more than the Jets 9 and 11 wins. Both ended up at home with nothing. The Jets advance further in 09 and 10. That is not debatable. You are claiming they were the better team over the last 3 years because they advanced further. I disagree. looking at the 3 year period as a whole, NE is the better team.

NE:

3 division titles
3 playoff apps
1 Super Bowl app

NYJ

9 less wins
0 division titles
2 playoff apps
0 Super Bowl apps

It's like NE and GB are getting knocked around more b/c they won a lot of regular season games and lost in the playoffs whereas the Giants haven't won as many games in either of their SB runs (one of his criticisms of Eli and the Giants was their lack of regular season success) yet the Giants have beaten NE twice in the SB and GB at their place last year.

The Giants are better than all of these teams the last five years minimum.

I see the difference. But what did the Jets winning 11 games and then 9 do for them? Nothing.

There has to be some sort of chemical imbalance in your diet or something b/c you just haven't been able to understand my personal belief of what being elite is.

The 2007 SB winning Giants were not elite. They became elite after winning this year. They ARE elite now. We don't have to wait for anything. If they don't have success this year into the next few years then we could start saying they're no longer elite.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

The Dolphins have nothing to do with this discussion. Stop trying to deflect.

I am using your defintiion of elite, using your definition the '07 Giants were not elite.

NE:

3 division titles
3 playoff apps
1 Super Bowl app

NYJ

9 less wins
0 division titles
2 playoff apps
0 Super Bowl apps

No the difference was Miami losing their last 3 games to 3 teams who didn't make the playoffs.

I said the Jets were better 2 of the last 3 years and they were but a SB app gives NE the edge for the 3 years even thought they had a creampuff road to the SB and lost to a team they should have beaten.

You forgot

NYJ
4 playoff wins
whipped NE at NE in 2010 div rd

NE
2 playoff wins
got whipped at home by NYJ in 2010 div rd

I am using your defintiion of elite, using your definition the '07 Giants were not elite.

Okay you get that part at least. I have not one time said the 2007 Giants were ever elite. Not once.

I said the Jets were better 2 of the last 3 years and they were but a SB app gives NE the edge for the 3 years even thought they had a creampuff road to the SB and lost to a team they should have beaten.

Beating Denver and Baltimore is cream puff? Why did Denver and Baltimore both beat the Jets in 2011 then? NE beat both of them in the playoffs, @ Denver in the reg season and swept the Jets.

No the difference was Miami losing their last 3 games to 3 teams who didn't make the playoffs.

You forgot

NYJ
4 playoff wins
whipped NE at NE in 2010 div rd

NE
2 playoff wins
got whipped at home by NYJ in 2010 div rd

No, Miami had nothing to do with it. If the Jets had played Indy starters for 4 quarters, they would have missed the playoffs regardless of what Miami did.

I didn't forget. 2 more playoff wins has been your sole argument for the Jets being better than NE 2 out of 3 years from the beginning. What did those 2 extra playoff wins give the Jets that it didn't give NE?

In 3 years, NE has more playoff apps, more division titles, more regular season wins and a Super Bowl app. That is my argument for NE being better over 3 years. All you have is 2 more playoff wins that left the Jets in the same spot as it left NE in 2009 and 2010.

Beating Denver and Baltimore is cream puff? Why did Denver and Baltimore both beat the Jets in 2011 then? NE beat both of them in the playoffs, @ Denver in the reg season and swept the Jets.

Denver was 8-8 and had Tim Tebow at QB
Bal was a quality team but up to that point Flacco had never played well in a postseason game, he did play well but the rest of the team did not.

The Jets in 2011 were not very good.

No, Miami had nothing to do with it. If the Jets had played Indy starters for 4 quarters, they would have missed the playoffs regardless of what Miami did.

I didn't forget. 2 more playoff wins has been your sole argument for the Jets being better than NE 2 out of 3 years from the beginning. What did those 2 extra playoff wins give the Jets that it didn't give NE?

In 3 years, NE has more playoff apps, more division titles, more regular season wins and a Super Bowl app. That is my argument for NE being better over 3 years. All you have is 2 more playoff wins that left the Jets in the same spot as it left NE in 2009 and 2010.

Maybe but we'll never know. That's like saying against SD if they emoved starters up 7-3 midway through the 3rd we would have had no chance if they kept their starters in but they kept them in and we won so Indy probably wins but we'll never know. You guys also got Indy and NO at HOME, we played them on the road.

Yeah, double the playoff wins is such a poor argument.

half the playoff wins and in their lone head to head postseason meeting the Jets beat them up in Foxboro.

Denver was 8-8 and had Tim Tebow at QB
Bal was a quality team but up to that point Flacco had never played well in a postseason game, he did play well but the rest of the team did not.

The Jets in 2011 were not very good.

No fault to the Patriots for beating their conference foes when they needed to

No fault to the Patriots for beating their conference foes when they needed to

They earned the right by having a great reg season, that's where that comes into play. We were a WC and had to play the 2 hottest teams in the AFC in the div rd then go on the road against top AFC teams. NE got a wek team this past div rd then faced a quality team at home. They earned that road but it was easy.

They earned the right by having a great reg season, that's where that comes into play. We were a WC and had to play the 2 hottest teams in the AFC in the div rd then go on the road against top AFC teams. NE got a wek team this past div rd then faced a quality team at home. They earned that road but it was easy.

Maybe it was easy b/c the Patriots are really good?

I'll still never know how Tebow led that team to a .500 record. The game vs Miami was just the epitome of FML I've felt the last few years.

The man made plays late, I give him credit BUT in that Miami game, in the Jet game, in the Chi game it was also b/c of the stupidity of the opponent to allow them to come back.

The man made plays late, I give him credit BUT in that Miami game, in the Jet game, in the Chi game it was also b/c of the stupidity of the opponent to allow them to come back.

True. I mean the Denver defense was their strong point. If a healthy Manning was on that team last year they easily would've won 10 games minimum. It'll be interesting to see how Denver fares this year.

Back
Top Bottom