Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

I was happy to see Sparano go and even happier when he went to the Jets. I did feel kind of bad for him when the Ross/Harbaugh story broke. I was really surprised that he stayed on after that.

Sparano is an upgrade from Schottenheimer. Try and spin it any way you wish. Sparano was not my first choice as OC, but he wasn't my last. Middle of the pack if you will.

And c'mon, Miami is CLEARLY the cellar of the AFCE right now. Go ask neutral fans. On FF, theres a poll ranking all 32 teams in the NFL, NE is 2, NYJ 19, Buff 24, and theres three teams left to vote for, Miami is one of them. Any of you saying the Dolphins are on the same level as the Jets or even the Bills are DELUSIONAL. Your best WR is Davone Bess for crying out loud. Your leading tackler signed with NY. Outside of this forum, NO ONE respects Miami this year. No one.

Sparano is an upgrade from Schottenheimer. Try and spin it any way you wish. Sparano was not my first choice as OC, but he wasn't my last. Middle of the pack if you will.

And c'mon, Miami is CLEARLY the cellar of the AFCE right now. Go ask neutral fans. On FF, theres a poll ranking all 32 teams in the NFL, NE is 2, NYJ 19, Buff 24, and theres three teams left to vote for, Miami is one of them. Any of you saying the Dolphins are on the same level as the Jets or even the Bills are DELUSIONAL. Your best WR is Davone Bess for crying out loud. Your leading tackler signed with NY. Outside of this forum, NO ONE respects Miami this year. No one.

Sparono has never been a full time OC so you have no clue if he is an upgrade from Shotty. The Jets are an average team and Miami and the Bills for that matter are right there with them. Anyone of the 3 could end up in last place. You Jets fans that think you are in the same league as Bal or NE are the delusional ones.

No one respected Miami in 08 when they had Bess, Ginn and Camarillo as the leading receivers and that worked out ok. So I'm not worried if no one respects Miami. It makes no difference to how things will actually play out.

Sparano called the plays for the Boys in 06 guy.

Where did I say or even imply that the Jets are an upper tier team? Their middle of the pack, missed the playoffs by a game this past season.

The Dolphins, however, appear to be competing for a top 3 pick in Aprils draft. And anyone outside of Miami will pick the Jets to finish ahead of the Dolphins this season. And 08 just makes me lol. That was an epic fluke of overachievement that was eventually exposed, but I won't get into that.

Sparano called the plays for the Boys in 06 guy.

Where did I say or even imply that the Jets are an upper tier team? Their middle of the pack, missed the playoffs by a game this past season.

The Dolphins, however, appear to be competing for a top 3 pick in Aprils draft. And anyone outside of Miami will pick the Jets to finish ahead of the Dolphins this season. And 08 just makes me lol. That was an epic fluke of overachievement that was eventually exposed, but I won't get into that.

Calling plays does not make you a full time OC guy. He coordinated the running game while Todd Haley coordinated the passing game. Sparano was so great calling plays for the boys that he was removed the next year. I don't know much about Shotty, but I do know that he was able to orchestrate a powerful rushing offense that was able to carry a crappy QB to playoff wins. Sparano on the other hand has been a loser everywhere he has gone. He has never won a single NFL playoff game as a coach in any faction. But I'm sure he is an upgrade over Shotty. Lol!

So you think the Dolphins will be 1 of the 3 worst teams in the league? Lol! You do know that as bad as the Dolphins were last year that there were 9 other teams that had the same or worse record than the Dolphins. There were 14 the year before that. You do realize that the Jets finished just 2 games ahead of Miami and finished the 2nd half of the season 3-5 right? The Bills, Dolphins and Jets are pretty much in the same boat of mediocrity right now. Any one of the 3 could be last place or second place.

Calling plays does not make you a full time OC guy. He coordinated the running game while Todd Haley coordinated the passing game. Sparano was so great calling plays for the boys that he was removed the next year. I don't know much about Shotty, but I do know that he was able to orchestrate a powerful rushing offense that was able to carry a crappy QB to playoff wins. Sparano on the other hand has been a loser everywhere he has gone. He has never won a single NFL playoff game as a coach in any faction. But I'm sure he is an upgrade over Shotty. Lol!

So you think the Dolphins will be 1 of the 3 worst teams in the league? Lol! You do know that as bad as the Dolphins were last year that there were 9 other teams that had the same or worse record than the Dolphins. There were 14 the year before that. You do realize that the Jets finished just 2 games ahead of Miami and finished the 2nd half of the season 3-5 right? The Bills, Dolphins and Jets are pretty much in the same boat of mediocrity right now. Any one of the 3 could be last place or second place.

Its funny how quick you are to defend Brian Schottenheimer. Im sure you wouldn't be singing his praises if he was still a Jet coach. He lead a powerful rushing offense because the offensive line was absolutely stacked in 09. Schotty was called out multiple times throughout the years. He was living off his last name. It finally came to a head in 2011 when the guy absolutely needed to go. The funny thing is, it wasn't only Jet fans that knew he sucked. As far as Sparano goes, im sure you were calling him a loser in 08 when he lead your Phins to one of the flukiest division title wins ever. Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, but he is certainly deserving a shot as OC.

And yes, the Dolphins certainly can be a bottom 3 team in the NFL next year. And guess what? Im not the only person who thinks so. Sure there were 9 other teams in the NFL with the same/worse record as last year. Please tell me, how have the Dolphins improved their squad from last year? Oh right, they haven't. No Peyton, no Flynn, then reach on Tannehill. If he doesn't pan out, then LOL. Please go visit a neutral forum to get some real perspective on where your team is at. You reek of homer. I said the Jets are a middle of the pack team, which they are. The Dolphins are not. Their easily bottom 10 as of right now.

lucky for you they don't hand out rings for last place

clear.gif

Last place rings would look the same as the rings the Dolphins and Jets would get. You know, not Super Bowl rings.

Last place rings would look the same as the rings the Dolphins and Jets would get. You know, not Super Bowl rings.

Apparently, the Jets would get an extra special one because they won some playoff games on the road, you know, the place where elite teams play?

I suspect that Jests fans will be in crying in their beers when the Jests lose games because they can't score more than 1 TD a game.

Really? I guess the NFL shouldn't play the games but allow FF fan polls to determine the winners and losers. The fact is that not a game's been played yet, so everybody is 0-0.

Its funny how quick you are to defend Brian Schottenheimer. Im sure you wouldn't be singing his praises if he was still a Jet coach. He lead a powerful rushing offense because the offensive line was absolutely stacked in 09. Schotty was called out multiple times throughout the years. He was living off his last name. It finally came to a head in 2011 when the guy absolutely needed to go. The funny thing is, it wasn't only Jet fans that knew he sucked. As far as Sparano goes, im sure you were calling him a loser in 08 when he lead your Phins to one of the flukiest division title wins ever. Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, but he is certainly deserving a shot as OC.

So, what did your FO do to fix the OL problems? Oh, yeah, they traded for Tim Tebow!!! :sidelol:

And yes, the Dolphins certainly can be a bottom 3 team in the NFL next year. And guess what? Im not the only person who thinks so. Sure there were 9 other teams in the NFL with the same/worse record as last year. Please tell me, how have the Dolphins improved their squad from last year? Oh right, they haven't. No Peyton, no Flynn, then reach on Tannehill. If he doesn't pan out, then LOL. Please go visit a neutral forum to get some real perspective on where your team is at. You reek of homer. I said the Jets are a middle of the pack team, which they are. The Dolphins are not. Their easily bottom 10 as of right now.

What have the Jests done exactly to improve their team?
  • They hired a near-virgin OC.
  • They traded for a backup QB who will cause locker room issues when their starting QB craps the bed, but will be worse than Sanchez when he actually gets to start.
  • They signed one oft-injured safety and then signed an ancient one, and both of them suck in pass coverage.
  • They did NOT bother to draft a single OL prospect until the 6th round. Who's your backup C again?
  • They drafted a 4-3 DE with a questionable work ethic and a WR who has all of 45 catches in his college career, and expect both to contribute early.
  • They did NOT bother to draft a RB until the 6th round even though they want to be a run-first team. Shonn Greene wouldn't even make the Bills. He wouldn't start on the Fins, either, and maybe NOT make the team because the WCO requires RBs who can catch the ball.

The fact is that most of the Jests' holes from last season remain the same going into this season. Replacing an experienced OC with Tony Sparano who seems to have gotten his last two gigs simply because he's a Parcells' pal is NOT going to make Wayne Hunter a better RT nor Shonn Greene a better RB nor Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow better QBs.

Well let's see, over more than half the year, the Fins were superior to the jest, going 6-3 with about a +85 scoring differential while the jest went 4-5 with a +5 differential. Even the teams we lost to, Denver and the Giants, we played tougher than the jest. Our 2 experienced QBs are better than your 2; just like us losing, you getting Sparano, with our line rid of Carey and Columbo while yours still has a declining deBrick and Hunter, not to mention now a healthy Jake Long for the first time in 3 seasons, it's clearly "addition by subtraction." And our clubhouse didn't implode while a fat coach fiddled, flashed birds and told fans to eff off. So bottom-line, your opinion that Fins are to be counted among the league's 3 worst teams has no credibility or traction unless, by comparison, you add your own jest to that threesome. I know, I know, "misery loves company" and all of that but just because some morons on jest forums are wishfully deluding themselves into thinking that, doesn't mean that the real, objective world does. :idk:

Oh, and you do realize that in 08, The Meatball was a HC in training with The Tuna calling all the shots, probably down to field transmissions. And his much ballyhoo'ed Dallas offensive playcalling was really 66% of the yardage derived from Todd Haley's play design and receivers including Glenn, TO and Witten. Do the Jets come close to those..or even RBs like Jones in his prime and a fresh legged Marion Barber? I think not.

Well let's see, over more than half the year, the Fins were superior to the jest, going 6-3 with about a +85 scoring differential while the jest went 4-5 with a +5 differential. Even the teams we lost to, Denver and the Giants, we played tougher than the jest. Our 2 experienced QBs are better than your 2; just like us losing, you getting Sparano, with our line rid of Carey and Columbo while yours still has a declining deBrick and Hunter, not to mention now a healthy Jake Long for the first time in 3 seasons, it's clearly "addition by subtraction." And our clubhouse didn't implode while a fat coach fiddled, flashed birds and told fans to eff off. So bottom-line, your opinion that Fins are to be counted among the league's 3 worst teams has no credibility or traction unless, by comparison, you add your own jest to that threesome. I know, I know, "misery loves company" and all of that but just because some morons on jest forums are wishfully deluding themselves into thinking that, doesn't mean that the real, objective world does. :idk:

Oh, and you do realize that in 08, The Meatball was a HC in training with The Tuna calling all the shots, probably down to field transmissions. And his much ballyhoo'ed Dallas offensive playcalling was really 66% of the yardage derived from Todd Haley's play design and receivers including Glenn, TO and Witten. Do the Jets come close to those..or even RBs like Jones in his prime and a fresh legged Marion Barber? I think not.

Good points. I always wondered what role Parcells played in the Fins 2008 success. When he moved up to be the Jests GM, he wanted Belichick as his puppet HC but ol' Bill wanted to be his own man, so Parcells settled for Al Groh. Sparano really had no qualifications to be a HC in 2008 except that he was buddy-buddy with Parcells. Once Parcells was gone, Sparano's "coaching genius" vanished (as Parcells' "coaching genius" vanished when Belichick left his supporting/puppet role).

Back
Top Bottom