Whoa, A New Sparano? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa, A New Sparano?

if you know why are you asking? even if we include 2008 the Jets still have twice as many playoff wins as NE.

B/c I like you i'll let you include Buf from 1996-2011 for the purposes of this discussion. let me know what you find.

Just for ****s and giggles, we could count up how many playoff appearances/wins the Bills and Jets had between 1989 and 1995. I wonder who would have more? :rolleyes:

Just for ****s and giggles, we could count up how many playoff appearances/wins the Bills and Jets had between 1989 and 1995. I wonder who would have more? :rolleyes:

Lmao, wasnt sparano a new coach last year when mr ross asked him to be a more aggressive head coach? and what did we get, the same old conservative bull**** we are use too. Empty stadium, 0-7 start to the season, and just same ol sparano encouraging players off the field.

Lmao, wasnt sparano a new coach last year when mr ross asked him to be a more aggressive head coach? and what did we get, the same old conservative bull**** we are use too. Empty stadium, 0-7 start to the season, and just same ol sparano encouraging players off the field.

The Jests are loaded with offensive talent though, so the Jests are goin' to the Super Bowl with their obviously great D and soon-to-be great O.
  • Sanchez has shown nothing since about the middle of his second season, but no matter. They have Tebow to save El Guapo's butt.
  • They have a disgruntled diva as their #1 WR and are depending on a rookie who caught 9 passes last season to be their #2 WR -- or Oakland refugee Curt Schillens (Yeah, I said, "Who???", too). That all doesn't matter, either, because Tony S will fix it all up. The previous offense was too complicated for the Jests geniuses to grasp, but Sparano will make simpler better.
  • They've replaced quality OL starters with career backups and virtually ignored OL in the draft, but watch Sparano turn Wayne Hunter into a pro bowler.
  • Shonn Greene, of course, is going to tear up the league. Sparano got so much production out of the offensive talent that the Fins had that it's hard to imagine him NOT molding the Jests talent into a Packers-style passing team with a Niners-type running game. Sanchez will throw for 30 TDs and Greene will run for 1300 yards. Watch it happen!

//sarcasm off :sidelol:

The Jests are loaded with offensive talent though, so the Jests are goin' to the Super Bowl with their obviously great D and soon-to-be great O.
  • Sanchez has shown nothing since about the middle of his second season, but no matter. They have Tebow to save El Guapo's butt.
  • They have a disgruntled diva as their #1 WR and are depending on a rookie who caught 9 passes last season to be their #2 WR -- or Oakland refugee Curt Schillens (Yeah, I said, "Who???", too). That all doesn't matter, either, because Tony S will fix it all up. The previous offense was too complicated for the Jests geniuses to grasp, but Sparano will make simpler better.
  • They've replaced quality OL starters with career backups and virtually ignored OL in the draft, but watch Sparano turn Wayne Hunter into a pro bowler.
  • Shonn Greene, of course, is going to tear up the league. Sparano got so much production out of the offensive talent that the Fins had that it's hard to imagine him NOT molding the Jests talent into a Packers-style passing team with a Niners-type running game. Sanchez will throw for 30 TDs and Greene will run for 1300 yards. Watch it happen!

are you kidding me? he might be good at motivating and gettin players to buy into him, but the fact is, he will always go back to his insticts in crunch time and be conservative when the game is on the line. I remember the cowboys game, we were in control, up by 2 with 2 minutes left, all we needed was 2 -3 first downs to ice the game, sparano got conservative and did nothing but run the ball, giving the ball back to dallas and losing us the game. After we loss i saw sparanos expression, it almost look like the guy was content with losing as long as we made it a close game. Not an offensive coordinator i'd be excited about at all. The jets might have some success early but as soon as they start losing, rex ryan and sparano are going to be bumpin heads real quick, sparano thought he had it bad in miami? wait til he gets on rexs bad side for costing them games. I dont give him a year up there in ny before he resigns and goes back to being an o-line coach for dallas.

are you kidding me? he might be good at motivating and gettin players to buy into him, but the fact is, he will always go back to his insticts in crunch time and be conservative when the game is on the line. I remember the cowboys game, we were in control, up by 2 with 2 minutes left, all we needed was 2 -3 first downs to ice the game, sparano got conservative and did nothing but run the ball, giving the ball back to dallas and losing us the game. After we loss i saw sparanos expression, it almost look like the guy was content with losing as long as we made it a close game. Not an offensive coordinator i'd be excited about at all. The jets might have some success early but as soon as they start losing, rex ryan and sparano are going to be bumpin heads real quick, sparano thought he had it bad in miami? wait til he gets on rexs bad side for costing them games. I dont give him a year up there in ny before he resigns and goes back to being an o-line coach for dallas.

I put "//end sarcasm" at the end of my post to indicate it was sarcasm. The Jests hired Sparano because he's conservative because they think the problem last season was that they didn't run enough. The fact is that the reason that they had to pass so much was because they couldn't run very well. They were 29th in the league in ypc rushing, and they're bringing back the entire crew that achieved that scintillating achievement except for replacing Schottenheimer with Sparano, the OL coach with a new guy (DeGuigeliamo???), and Tomlinson with Joe McKnight.

I would NOT be surprised to see the Jests' offense slip even lower than 2011's great 25th ranking. Ryan and Sparano want to turn back the clock to 1985 ... Jabba is planning on featuring his pater's 46 defense apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
2009-2011

Team A has 4 playoff wins including whipping Team B at team B's Stadium
Team B has 2 playoff wins including being whipped by Team A at home

Team A has advanced further than Team B in 2 of the 3 postseasons

Maybe I'm wrong but 2 is greater than 1, right?

Getting to the Super Bowl trumps not getting to it. Anyone sane would agree.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

did Team B lose that SB app in a game they were favored in?

It's still better to have lost in the SB than to not have even gotten to it.

Zero wins. How many division titles do the Jets have in their entire history? Don't worry, you should be able to count that high, you only need one hand........

we have 4, 2 have happened since the last time Buf won a playoff game but I'd rather earn a WC and play for the right to go to the SB than win a div title and lose right away.

Go ahed, 1989-1995 was a long time ago, you guys were better at the time- congrats. I hope that makes 1996-current easier for you.

Sanchez has shown nothing other than helping his team win 4 road playoff games and reach 2 title games in 3 seasons as a starter. If we only had Fitz!

Do you guys realize 3 of our 4 expected top weapons for 2011 are either retired(LT, Mason) or can't find work(Plax)? It's pretty remarkable he helped us get to 8 wins knowong that and w/ the OL issues.

Our disgruntled diva WR has helped us(and Pitt) win a lot games and a lot of big games. if only we had Stevie to get dumb penal;ties and drop big passes late in games.

Who is a career backup other than Hunter? Hunter earned his starting spot based on what he did in place of Woody 2 years ago. Isn't it amazing how bad he is, how bad Sanchez is, how bad Rex is and yet we nearly made the SB w/ thouse guys 2 years ago?

Greene averaged 4.2 YPC w/ a mediocre at best OL, he's much better than you give him credit for

Sparano wasn't the dolphins OC last time I checked.

Getting to the Super Bowl trumps not getting to it. Anyone sane would agree.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

It's still better to have lost in the SB than to not have even gotten to it.

Yep but the team that lost in the SB was a big favorite and blew it and we've been better 2 of the last 3 years.

Yep but the team that lost in the SB was a big favorite and blew it and we've been better 2 of the last 3 years.

Funny. Even though the Jets have been better than the most current Super Bowl contestants these past three years, those teams could at least MAKE the Super Bowl.

An even a bigger slap in the face is the fact that the Giants went through playoffs the same way as the Jets, all road games, and managed to win two Super Bowls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

we have 4, 2 have happened since the last time Buf won a playoff game but I'd rather earn a WC and play for the right to go to the SB than win a div title and lose right away.

Go ahed, 1989-1995 was a long time ago, you guys were better at the time- congrats. I hope that makes 1996-current easier for you.

If the Jests had even had the opportunity to lose a Super Bowl in the last 43 years, you wouldn't be touting their losses in the conference championships like some ditzy highschool girl flashing her $500 engagement ring at all her classmates. I bet Niner and Ravens fans aren't crowing about just missing going to the Super Bowl -- and both of those teams did a whole lot better in their conference championship losses than the Jests did in either of theirs.

Sanchez has shown nothing other than helping his team win 4 road playoff games and reach 2 title games in 3 seasons as a starter. If we only had Fitz!

Do you guys realize 3 of our 4 expected top weapons for 2011 are either retired(LT, Mason) or can't find work(Plax)? It's pretty remarkable he helped us get to 8 wins knowong that and w/ the OL issues.

Our disgruntled diva WR has helped us(and Pitt) win a lot games and a lot of big games. if only we had Stevie to get dumb penal;ties and drop big passes late in games.

Who is a career backup other than Hunter? Hunter earned his starting spot based on what he did in place of Woody 2 years ago. Isn't it amazing how bad he is, how bad Sanchez is, how bad Rex is and yet we nearly made the SB w/ thouse guys 2 years ago?

Greene averaged 4.2 YPC w/ a mediocre at best OL, he's much better than you give him credit for

Despite having lousy OT play that limited their playbook and despite having a wave of injuries beginning about mid season, the Bills had an offense ranked in the top half of the league. Their rushing game was ranked top five -- and they lost their best RB/offensive player with 5 or 6 games left. The Bills went out and did something about it: they hired the best QB coach available and they drafted 3 OLers and a WR.

The mighty Jets were ranked 25th, and nearly last in rushing. What did they do to address their offensive problems? They hired an OC who has no experience as an OC. They traded up in the 2nd round to draft a WR who had 9 receptions as a senior and 45 for his entire college career. Hill may turn out to be great, but it's unlikely he'll turn into a star in 2012.

Sparano wasn't the dolphins OC last time I checked.

True. He was a crappy HC who was originally hired because he was the GM's (Parcells) pal. Sparano was as unqualified to be a HC as it was possible to be. His credentials to be an OC aren't much better. Thinking he's going to turn the Jests' offense into an effective unit is wishful thinking, but then, among delusional Jests fans, you are among the leaders.

You were better than NONE of the playoff teams last season, sweetpea, and that's the one that counts until the start of this season. Last season existed and your team sucked just like the Bills and Fins despite your best efforts to pretend it didn't. Deal with it.

Funny. Even though the Jets have been better than the most current Super Bowl contestants these past three years, those teams could at least MAKE the Super Bowl.

An even a bigger slap in the face is the fact that the Giants went through playoffs the same way as the Jets, all road games, and managed to win two Super Bowls.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Actually the last SB they hosted a playoff game against the Mighty Falcons. The Jets played better teams for the most part in their title game runs(not counting the SB) than NYG playedin the NFC playoffs

If the Jests had even had the opportunity to lose a Super Bowl in the last 43 years, you wouldn't be touting their losses in the conference championships like some ditzy highschool girl flashing her $500 engagement ring at all her classmates. I bet Niner and Ravens fans aren't crowing about just missing going to the Super Bowl -- and both of those teams did a whole lot better in their conference championship losses than the Jests did in either of theirs.

Despite having lousy OT play that limited their playbook and despite having a wave of injuries beginning about mid season, the Bills had an offense ranked in the top half of the league. Their rushing game was ranked top five -- and they lost their best RB/offensive player with 5 or 6 games left. The Bills went out and did something about it: they hired the best QB coach available and they drafted 3 OLers and a WR.

The mighty Jets were ranked 25th, and nearly last in rushing. What did they do to address their offensive problems? They hired an OC who has no experience as an OC. They traded up in the 2nd round to draft a WR who had 9 receptions as a senior and 45 for his entire college career. Hill may turn out to be great, but it's unlikely he'll turn into a star in 2012.

True. He was a crappy HC who was originally hired because he was the GM's (Parcells) pal. Sparano was as unqualified to be a HC as it was possible to be. His credentials to be an OC aren't much better. Thinking he's going to turn the Jests' offense into an effective unit is wishful thinking, but then, among delusional Jests fans, you are among the leaders.

You were better than NONE of the playoff teams last season, sweetpea, and that's the one that counts until the start of this season. Last season existed and your team sucked just like the Bills and Fins despite your best efforts to pretend it didn't. Deal with it.

We are discussing recent, relevant history. In the 3 years under rex we have been one of the best teams in the league, haven't broje through for a SB yet but still have been one of the best teams in the league. It's comical that a jealous rival fan who hasn't seen a postseason game this Century can make fun of the jets for reaching 2 title games.

The injury excuses for the Bills who were mostly intact when they met the jets at 5-2 in Orchard Park then got smashed back to reality w/ another blowout loss to the jets.

what has that QB coach ever done that he is one of the best?

The jets hired a new OC, the Jets aquuired tebow, the jets drafted Hill and signed Schilens. The Jets didn't have as much room to improve as Buf did.

ranked 25th in yards but 13th in POINTS which was higher than Buf despite all the problems the Jets had.

We don't need Hill to be a star in 2012, we need him to be better than Plax btw the 20s and he will be.

he was a mediocre HC who took over a 1 win team and led them to a div title, how come the great Chan hasn't made the playoffs in Buffalo? or even competed for the playoffs?

I don't expect our O to be the Pats O but our O will be much better if the OL is better and the OL going into 2012 is in better position than it was going into 2011.

I said we were better than NE 2 of the last 3 years.

2009: we win 2 ROAD playoff games, NE loses at HOME in WC rd
2010: we win 2 ROAD playoff games including whipping NE in NE in the div rd, NE is one and done again.

We did suck last year, we sucked so bad it would have been Buf's best season since 2005.

The Jets blew both of their games too. Are you now the better of two teams who blew their games? It's like liking the fact that you're paper champions.

The Jets blew both of their games too. Are you now the better of two teams who blew their games? It's like liking the fact that you're paper champions.

we were underdogs on the road, they were favorites(heavy in '07) at neutral sites.

They should hand out rings for that.........

lucky for you they don't hand out rings for last place

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom