Who's your favorite Dolphin player of all time? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite Dolphin player of all time?

I would like to make my response by decade since birth...

1970s: "No-Name" Defense
1980s: Dan Marino and the Marks Bros.
1990s: Dan Marino, O.J. McDuffie and Patrick Surtain
2000s: Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas

...but my All-Time Dolphin is the great Don Shula. I have met him on numerous occasions and he is just a wonderful humanitarian and all-around great individual. Not to mention, the winningest coach in the history of the NFL.

I am going to Mention Vern Den Herder because I know him personally and talk to him all the time. I never saw him play because I am too young but we talk football everytime we see each other.

Loved Louis Oliver and the Obvious Marino. There are way too many to mention.

I must love LBs, because offhand, I'd have to go with Cox, Offerdahl & Thomas.

I really liked Pete Stoyanovich (sp?) when i was younger. It's hard for me to figure out if i like him or Mare for my favorite Fins kicker

My fave other then the obvious Dan Marino who I grew up watching and he was my personal Michael Jordan is Mark Clayton.When I was 13 My uncle took us to Bills stadium now ralph wilson stadium to watch the dolphins practice before the big early 90's battles between the dolphins and Bills which tormented my youth.We were on the sidelines when a ball came over to us from the practice I picked it up and threw it back blindly.Little did I know it drilled Clayton in the back of the head and all of a sudden i was being picked up and given a pretty hard noogie by Mark Clayton.It was pretty crazy and almost surreal experience for me at 13 because he was one of my idols at the time.He will always be in my personal hall of fame because of that.

Zach Thomas. not only is he an animal on the field, but I've met him a couple of times and he is just a really nice guy.

Dan Marino
Jason Taylor

honorable mentions:
Bryan Cox,Ricky Williams,Zach Thomas,Marks Bros.

My fave other then the obvious Dan Marino who I grew up watching and he was my personal Michael Jordan is Mark Clayton.When I was 13 My uncle took us to Bills stadium now ralph wilson stadium to watch the dolphins practice before the big early 90's battles between the dolphins and Bills which tormented my youth.We were on the sidelines when a ball came over to us from the practice I picked it up and threw it back blindly.Little did I know it drilled Clayton in the back of the head and all of a sudden i was being picked up and given a pretty hard noogie by Mark Clayton.It was pretty crazy and almost surreal experience for me at 13 because he was one of my idols at the time.He will always be in my personal hall of fame because of that.

That's an awesome story. This what I wanted to hear when I started this thread.

I'd have to say Csonka. He's the only runningback/ fullback to ever get an unnecessary roughness penalty for destroying a LB on a play. The LB was trying to tackle him and Zonk blew him up like a JV DB.

trace armstrong was one of my favorites when i was younger. he was someone that never quit and always seemed to get to the QB. hopefully roth can be the new age armstrong

I'd have to say Csonka. He's the only runningback/ fullback to ever get an unnecessary roughness penalty for destroying a LB on a play. The LB was trying to tackle him and Zonk blew him up like a JV DB.

I tell that same story every time this question comes up. But I though it was a Redskins db running towards the sideline and Csonk switches the football to his left hand so he can get a good shot with the right. Classic.

How about the one against Minnesota when hes going into the end zone and plows thru three guys and comes out with a forearm shiver. Just Beautiful if you asked me.:lol:

trace armstrong was one of my favorites when i was younger. he was someone that never quit and always seemed to get to the QB. hopefully roth can be the new age armstrong

I wish Roth has armstrongs long arms. They were freakishly long.

Back
Top Bottom