Who's your favorite Dolphin player of all time? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite Dolphin player of all time?

When I was a kid, my favorite player was Nat Moore. He was the clutch receiver for so many years. Third down and 7? Nat's on the other end for a 1st-down.

He was my favorite too - may have had the softest hands of any fins receiver. I'll never forget the game in '81, where we were trailing the Jets 21-0 or something. Shula pulls Woodley for Strock and he and Moore go nuts for over 200 receiving yards and 2 TDS - and 3 all-out diving, over the shoulder bombs he caught that day. The game ended in a tie 28-28.

The obvious one is Marino. I loved Jim Jensen, Clayton and Duper, Doug Betters, Bob Baumhower, AJ Duhe and the Blackwood Brothers. In recent years its JT, Zach, Ricky Williams.

On offence,
Marino
Griese
Larry Z
Stevenson
Kuechenburg
Larry Little
Langer
Clayton
Duper
Byars
Warfield
Tony Nathan
Andrea Franklin
Mercury
Keith Jackson
Ed Newman
Crash
on defence,
Bob Baumhower(sp?)
Offerdahl
AJ Duhe
Trace Armstrong
Bill Stanfill
Ven Herder
Manny Fernandez
Surtain
of course Taylor and Thomas

my favorite coach after Shula was Bill Arnsparger

Ozzy rules!!

yeah def marino but after that there is plenty keith jackson richmod webb marks bros JT louis oliver so many of them

Since we have Dan Marino, Zach Thomas & Jason Taylor as the obvious ones (everybody loves those guys), I will name a few of my unsung heroes:

OJ McDuffie - all he did was catch the ball, and catch it for 1st downs.
Patrick Surtain - probably one of the best corners we have ever had, or will ever have (IMHO)
Jim Jensen - the man did everything, a true team player
Tim Bowens & Darryl Gardner - noone ran the ball on us with those two up front

I'm sure there's many more, but that's all I could think of right now. I was also born post '72 era, so that's why I don't have any of the greats from that period in Dolphins history (sorry).

Oh God...without question Marino.. That guy was my hero growing up.. I cried when he retired, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!! :tantrum: :tongue:

The Dolphins have had plenty of fan favorites over the years. Just a little discussion letting everybody know who your favorite Dolphins player is or was. The obvious choices are going to be Dan Marino, Zach Thomas, and Jason Taylor, but let us know some of the others you grew up admiring...

Bob Griese, Warfield, Zonk, Jake Scott, Mark Clayton, O.J,

Then in no particular order... Marino, Duper, Surtain, and Zach.

I'm 19 years old so most of my favorites come from the late 90's up to now.

With that said, I love Lamar Smith when I was in Jr. high and I actully bought his jersey and still have it hanging on my wall. :) Talking to my fellow 7th grade friends about him dominating the Colts in the wildcard game was just awesome. I will never forget where I was and how I felt on that day and I have Smith to thank.

Favorite former Fins:
Dan Marino
Lamar Smith
O.J McDuffie
Orande Gadsden
Rob Konrad
Patrick Surtain

Favorite current Fins:
Chris Chambers
Ronnie Brown
Jason Taylor
Zach Thomas
Yerimiah Bell

In that order for each.

Hey dude I was in florida on the beach on my honeymoon. She is a dolfan(it was a requirement) and we watched the game from our suite.

Mine were, and I am totally serious about this, Joe Nedney and Cecil Collins.

Back
Top Bottom