Why defend Gus | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why defend Gus

the arguments defending Gus starting are very revealing in the reasons that are given - mainly that the infallible coaching staff knows what it's doing and we must all defer to its vastly superior football knowledge. Who are you going to trust - the second coming of shula or your lying eyes? The truth is that although Saban is showing brilliance in his defensive schemes (yes at times he's made a mistake even on that side of the ball) he clearly has little clue when it comes to the offense. Linehan the boy wonder who's too smart for his own good was given the keys to the kingdom and rather than draft a QB in the relatively QB rich draft of 2005 chose to do nothing, brought in an incestous bum from his old team and sent our below average QB, even though he was the best QB on our team, to San Diego. Now we are stuck with the Bust, and still no indication that a change is imminent, even though considering his age and talent, Gus is the worst choice to start the remainder of the season. Choose to believe that they know what they're doing on offense ( I will say that Saban in the long line of Coaches since Shula will give us another killer defense by next year) but every game that Gus starts from here on out just proves to me that the emperor has no clothes when it comes to offense or more specifically the QB position

adamprez2003 said:
the arguments defending Gus starting are very revealing in the reasons that are given - mainly that the infallible coaching staff knows what it's doing and we must all defer to its vastly superior football knowledge. Who are you going to trust - the second coming of shula or your lying eyes? The truth is that although Saban is showing brilliance in his defensive schemes (yes at times he's made a mistake even on that side of the ball) he clearly has little clue when it comes to the offense. Linehan the boy wonder who's too smart for his own good was given the keys to the kingdom and rather than draft a QB in the relatively QB rich draft of 2005 chose to do nothing, brought in an incestous bum from his old team and sent our below average QB, even though he was the best QB on our team, to San Diego. Now we are stuck with the Bust, and still no indication that a change is imminent, even though considering his age and talent, Gus is the worst choice to start the remainder of the season. Choose to believe that they know what they're doing on offense ( I will say that Saban in the long line of Coaches since Shula will give us another killer defense by next year) but every game that Gus starts from here on out just proves to me that the emperor has no clothes when it comes to offense or more specifically the QB position

Bravo....great post!

adamprez2003 said:

Cmon, this is a really melodramatic post. Obviously you are a Feeley guy, give me a break with that 'best Qb on our team' stuff that is clearly nonsense. Feeley was 3rd string when we traded him. 3rd string. He was given a chance to play well in the preseason and didnt. Hes gone because of that. Did you forget how completely terrible he was when he played in the preseason? Or last year when he played terrible? Thats just silly.
Most people are defending Saban because we trust him. He hasnt given us a reason not to. Just because he didnt pick your guy doesnt mean he is lost on the offensive side or that he has no plan. Give the bitterness a rest and get something to back yourself up because that post was complete nonsense.
Gus sucks. If he is starting next year then we will know there is a problem. Until then calm down and take a deep breath chicken little.

Back
Top Bottom