Why defend Gus | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why defend Gus

phinz8202 said:
when you are as bad as Gus....no question. He may KNOW the offense the best but he sure as hell cant EXECUTE it.

Is it an improvement to put someone in who doesn't know the offense and can't execute it? And before somebody responds who hasn't read the whole thread, the coaches job is to know who that is. If you don't think they can do that get a new coach.

rafael said:
Is it an improvement to put someone in who doesn't know the offense and can't execute it? And before somebody responds who hasn't read the whole thread, the coaches job is to know who that is. If you don't think they can do that get a new coach.
All any of us here are doing is speculating... but, how does anyone know whether or not Sage knows the offense and can or cannot execute it. He was here for all the mini-camps/QB schools and for training camp, and has been 2nd string the entire season. If he doesn't know the majority of the offense by now...what was his wonderlick score?

Dolfan4life! said:
All any of us here are doing is speculating... but, how does anyone know whether or not Sage knows the offense and can or cannot execute it. He was here for all the mini-camps/QB schools and for training camp, and has been 2nd string the entire season. If he doesn't know the majority of the offense by now...what was his wonderlick score?

Football IQ differs from what most written tests can measure IMO.

I don't mind speculation, but I just feel that the complaints are poorly focused. You either trust the coaching staff or you don't. It's the coaching staff's job to put in the best player. I just see calls for Sage as the height of ignorance. They are arguments based on almost zero information yet they are put forth with so much conviction. I might as well start a thread to put in my neighbor. I haven't watched him practice or anything, but he seems the right height. He's watched every game and should know the offense by now. And of course, he couldn't do worse.

Dolphan5876 said:
You can talk all you want about the coaches knowing more than the fans, but all you do is belittle the fans and yourself.[/Q UOTE]

If I listen to my doctor because he knows more than me about medicine, if I listen to my mechanic because he has much more experience working on transmissions than I do, if I listen to my attorney because there are legal issues that I don't even know exist, do I belittle myself and all the clients of these experts?

rafael said:

I don't mind speculation, but I just feel that the complaints are poorly focused. You either trust the coaching staff or you don't. It's the coaching staff's job to put in the best player. I just see calls for Sage as the height of ignorance. They are arguments based on almost zero information yet they are put forth with so much conviction. I might as well start a thread to put in my neighbor. I haven't watched him practice or anything, but he seems the right height. He's watched every game and should know the offense by now. And of course, he couldn't do worse.

No, Rafael, I'm telling you, put me in! I've watched all the games, plus I have the benefit of the opinions of Finheaven posters!;)

islandah said:
Dolphan5876 said:
You can talk all you want about the coaches knowing more than the fans, but all you do is belittle the fans and yourself.[/Q UOTE]

If I listen to my doctor because he knows more than me about medicine, if I listen to my mechanic because he has much more experience working on transmissions than I do, if I listen to my attorney because there are legal issues that I don't even know exist, do I belittle myself and all the clients of these experts?

If the transmission, medical advice, or legal issues continue to suck. You either demand a knew transmission or better advice. Or get a better lawyer/doctor/mechanic. Don't think any of us are ready to give up on Saban and some Linehan. If the transmission continues to break down, stop trying to fix it and put a new one in.

Eshlemon said:
islandah said:
If the transmission, medical advice, or legal issues continue to suck. You either demand a knew transmission or better advice. Or get a better lawyer/doctor/mechanic. Don't think any of us are ready to give up on Saban and some Linehan. If the transmission is broke stop trying to fix it and put a new one in.

Pretty sure that's the plan, but the transmission store is closed right now. Re-opens on draft day.

rafael said:

I have complete trust in the coaching staff. You won't see me bashing Linehan (or Saban) in any of these ridiculous threads about play calling. I am Calling for a change in QB's because the play has been sub-par (horrible). Wanting the back-up QB to play and starting a thread to start your neighbor is a terrible analogy. These arguments aren't based on zero information at all. Gus is not a good quarterback-fact. We have another professional QB on the bench that has seen little actual playing time-fact. Many would like the Dolphins to start him next week-fact. What is so difficult for some to undestand about wanting to start the back-up. Did anybody see Bollinger play yesterday off the bench for the Jets? Did anyone see that coming? He almost won that game. Sometimes change is good.

islandah said:
Eshlemon said:
Pretty sure that's the plan, but the transmission store is closed right now. Re-opens on draft day.

Definately agree about the store being open on draft day/free agency. But if you've got to get moving right now. Put something in that might get you somewhere instead of the one getting you nowhere.

Eshlemon said:
islandah said:
If the transmission, medical advice, or legal issues continue to suck. You either demand a knew transmission or better advice. Or get a better lawyer/doctor/mechanic. Don't think any of us are ready to give up on Saban and some Linehan. If the transmission continues to break down, stop trying to fix it and put a new one in.

Or if that Doctor you trusted almost kills you...you get in that car that the transmission is still not working properly in and go to the lawyer...and sue them both!!

I dont get you guys. You all bash Gus and im not saying he doesnt deserve it. what makes you guys think that you could do any better? I mean its ridiculous! i know we are having a losing season and are rebuilding but come on all of this Gus bashing is getting a little out of hand.

fishypete said:
Eshlemon said:
Or if that Doctor you trusted almost kills you...you get in that car that the transmission is still not working properly in and go to the lawyer...and sue them both!!

Don't think Wanny's ready to sue just yet...only if Saban quits in the middle of the operation like Ricky. But think it's time to try find out if Rosenfels is sharper than the dull butterknife he's started the surgery with.

GatorFinFan said:
I dont get you guys. You all bash Gus and im not saying he doesnt deserve it. what makes you guys think that you could do any better? I mean its ridiculous! i know we are having a losing season and are rebuilding but come on all of this Gus bashing is getting a little out of hand.
This is a Fins message board and we lost a game that many thought we should have won, what did you expect to see, Gus for MVP posts? I never said I could do better, but Sage might if he ever gets the chance

rafael said:

but who says he doesnt know the offense or cant execute it? maybe he can. likewise maybe the coach is being stubborn in wanting to keep Gus as the starter. coaches are notorious for being stubborn and wanting to do it their way. i cant say for sure because i, just like the rest of us, arent there to see what happens in practice.

Eshlemon said:
islandah said:
Definately agree about the store being open on draft day/free agency. But if you've got to get moving right now. Put something in that might get you somewhere instead of the one getting you nowhere.

Let's beat this analogy to death:
You've got one tranny that sputters along, not great performance or mileage, stalls occasionally, but the tranny store is on the horizon and you know you can limp in.
The only other tranny you've got is unreliable and untested, and while it could sputter less and maybe even perform a little better, it has a label on it that says "Caution:May Explode and Harm other parts of the Vehicle." And you're going to the tranny store regardless.

Back
Top Bottom