Why does everyone think the jets are so good? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does everyone think the jets are so good?

I hate how people say the jets are close to the pats and are way ahead of us. In my eyes, pennington is no better than green, thomas jones is deffinitly not as good of a runner as Ronnie, Vilma is the only household name on their D. Its time for us to shut some people up.

We aren't that much better than you guys and you have the ability to be better than us but chad is better than Green., jones has been the better Rb the last 2 years btw he and Ronnie(though Ronnie has more potential), who cares about household names? it's about production. We got alot better the 2nd half last year and we have alot of talent on D. Your D full of household names has gotten you zero playoff appearances since 2002 and 1 playoff win this decade.

Because they made the playoffs lastr year, albiet they had the easiest 5 remaing game schedule in the league

We played almost identical sheds, we beat teams like GB and Houston and you couldn't.

and he is only slightly above average at best

he's a very goodplayer, his #s were down last year but you don't use #sto judge ILBs and he was adjusting to a new system. Kerry Rhodes may not be a household name but there wasn't a better S in all of football last year than kerry.

Thats going to change after this year when we kick their arse.

I have been hearing that or a long time.

I hate the jets as much as anyone else here does, but they were a better team than us last year. Aside from that they will almost always get more press than us because of the New York media. Having said that...
:monkeyr: JETS :monkeyl: :jetssuck:

That is nonsense. You guys lways get better press even though you've one nothing in a long time. heck people were picking you guys for the SB last year when you had't even been a playoff contender in a few years. the only year this decade we got alot of great press was 2002.

How so? I have read that Ferguson was a relative disappointment. He was an average LT. They are high on Mangold. Kendall is disgruntled, but his potential replacement is more questionable than anyone we have on our O-line. Their RG and RT are ok, nothing special.
I wouldn't exaggerate and say their line is MUCH better.

Ferguson was a ROOKIE, he played very wel a good portion of the year but faded late. he was average last year but as long as he improves like alot f 2nd yr players will he'll be fine. we lost Kevin mawae(arguably a HOF C) and didn't miss him for a second- thattells you how good Manold was, Kendall is agood player and we'l be worse ifwe lose him but we won't fall part. The OL should be better this year than last year w/ or w/o pete based on the groeth of the 2 2n yr players.

Beacuse their coach has man boobs and fellow coaches with man boobs (Parcells and Bellchick) are all the rage. :wink:

I never really though of that but you could be on to something:lol:

Good post NYJunc. The Jets have to be respected as a playoff team. We, as Miami fans, can say all we want...but the fact of the matter is, the Jets beat the teams they were supposed to and we did not. They earned that right to go to the playoffs. I don't know if they will make the playoffs this year looking at their schedule. I actually don't believe they will, but that's neither here nor there.

You have to look at facts. They have never missed the playoffs with a healthy Pennington. It'll be interesting to see if Chad makes it through the entire season healthy...I think there is some stat out there that he hasn't played in more than 23 straight games. However, if he's healthy, that gives them a shot right there. Mangini is a good football coach, and they have a lot of youth on their football team. I don't believe they are by far and away more talented or better than us. However, they find ways to win---which is the greatest attribute to have as a team. It seems as though Miami finds ways to lose.

The fact that they swept us and we were Super Bowl bound last year.......;)

Like I always say: Next year mother****ers!!!!!

I almost forgot about your Super Bowl last year... thanks for reminding.

Jets are predicted to be good because:
- 10-6
- Playoffs
- Almost all returning starters
- Added TJ

Dolphins are unknown (and probably predicted to be bad because)
- QB up in the air (for like 5 years in a row)
- Older defense
- Unproven running game
- New HC
- No WR threats

As I say to my wife all the time, the Dolphins could be the team that turns it around and surprises the most.

BZ

The Jets overachieved last year but people want to treat that like its a bad thing....Its not.. the Fins have perenially underachieved the last 10 years but almost always look good "on paper" lets see If Cam can turn that around..I think he can but go ahead and read my sig :D.

Good post NYJunc. The Jets have to be respected as a playoff team. We, as Miami fans, can say all we want...but the fact of the matter is, the Jets beat the teams they were supposed to and we did not. They earned that right to go to the playoffs. I don't know if they will make the playoffs this year looking at their schedule. I actually don't believe they will, but that's neither here nor there.

You have to look at facts. They have never missed the playoffs with a healthy Pennington. It'll be interesting to see if Chad makes it through the entire season healthy...I think there is some stat out there that he hasn't played in more than 23 straight games. However, if he's healthy, that gives them a shot right there. Mangini is a good football coach, and they have a lot of youth on their football team. I don't believe they are by far and away more talented or better than us. However, they find ways to win---which is the greatest attribute to have as a team. It seems as though Miami finds ways to lose.

As long as Chad is healthy we win. Actually the # is 17 staright games not 23. the final 9 of '03 and the first 8 of '04 but hopefully he gets to 32 this year w/ another full season.

yeah jets definitely overachieved last year... statistically you look at them and they didn't seem very good, but they were opportunistic and took advantage of other teams mistakes... they also barely squeaked by with both their wins against us (damn you leon washington and mare)...

next year they are ours though! :ninja:

I almost forgot about your Super Bowl last year... thanks for reminding.:lol: You liar. :tantrum:

Jets are predicted to be good because:
- 10-6
- Playoffs
- Almost all returning starters
- Added TJ

Dolphins are unknown (and probably predicted to be bad because)
- QB up in the air (for like 5 years in a row) Hopefully Green is a decent stop gap
- Older defense but still tough as nails.
- Unproven running game New OL, Booker? Interesting.
- New HC Can't be worse than Saban (but I said that about Saban/Wanny) :unsure:
- No WR threats Errr....Chambers....Booker....Brown....Ginn.....:err:

As I say to my wife all the time, the Dolphins could be the team that turns it around and surprises the most. And she says the couch is cold. :wink:

BZ

Stop by Junkies, bro. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom