Why Glenn Dorsey is NOT the right choice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Glenn Dorsey is NOT the right choice

Glenn Dorsey is 6'2, 316lbs.

He's a NT, an end on both sides, a 3 technique. Miami isn't going to play a pure 3-4, much as Dallas didn't - the same Dallas who played with a starting NT/DT in Jay Ratliff who was 298lbs. You move Dorsey all around the formation to work in what will likely be a 2 gap defense. He will need to be accounted for on every play.

I would have thought you'd have made up a standard cut and paste to these threads by now Boom. LOL

Okay if not Dorsey then who?

Dorsey rage dolls o-line reminiscent to guys like Warren Sapp and Reggie White. His talent is far above and beyond better then any other DT/NT in this draft. Ellis being a distant second. This D-line is lacking ball players, Dorsey is not only a ball player but he's stud. I don't care if we go to a 3-4 or a 4-3 when he's on the field he'll make plays!

i stated somewhere earlier that the only kind of DTs that could warrant a #1 pick would be sapp or white type players. i also said that dorsey pales in comparison. he doesnt have the talent, size, strength, or speed of either one of those guys. dorsey is a mid to late first round pick. thats it.

I still think Chris Long is the best prospect in this draft....

I like Chris Long and Dorsey, but I am also intrigued with Vernon Gholston (if he isn't on steroids) because he is slightly faster than Long.

Steve :)

i stated somewhere earlier that the only kind of DTs that could warrant a #1 pick would be sapp or white type players. i also said that dorsey pales in comparison. he doesnt have the talent, size, strength, or speed of either one of those guys. dorsey is a mid to late first round pick. thats it.

He doesn't have the talent? are you kidding? He played hurt for most of his senior year and still produced enough to be considered the top pick in the draft by just about every mock draft and NFL guy like Mel Kiper.

Mid to first round pick? now that's insane!

So humor me and tell me who you draft with the #1 over all pick if you HAD to make the pick... no trading.

We need picks, and we should either 1) Pick McFadden or 2) trade to someone (Dallas) who wants to take McFadden.

And there have been many reports that Jerry Jones wants DMAC, even if it means making a serious trade (picks)

That gets my vote

We need picks, and we should either 1) Pick McFadden or 2) trade to someone (Dallas) who wants to take McFadden.

And there have been many reports that Jerry Jones wants DMAC, even if it means making a serious trade (picks)

That gets my vote

why should we waste a pick on mcfadden? he's not the bpa, and we already have someone better than him on the roster

I don't think it would be very difficult for Dorsey to add weight if needed, but he is so quick that weight might not be an issue. He can beat most Centers and Guards in the middle.

Picking McFadden would be a complete waste of a pick.

The Dolphins DO NOT need another HB on their roster..

As for those on the anti-Dorsey bandwagon, the guy was one of the best players in college football, despite being banged up most of the season and despite being double and often times triple teamed by opposing offensive lines.

The guy is a pure talent. He's a run stuffer. He's disruptive as a pass rusher. Miami needs both more than anything else.

He doesn't have the talent? are you kidding? He played hurt for most of his senior year and still produced enough to be considered the top pick in the draft by just about every mock draft and NFL guy like Mel Kiper.

Mid to first round pick? now that's insane!

So humor me and tell me who you draft with the #1 over all pick if you HAD to make the pick... no trading.

if i had to - which i dont - either long would be fine - preferably jake. however, i want to trade down, ofcourse, and steal cowboys players for dirt cheap. a DT at #1? unless its reggie 'eat you for breakfast' white - i dont think so. just my opinion, no offense to anyone else.

i dont want mcfadden even worse though. why go after the only position that we are decent at with the #1 pick? at least dorsey would give us something we need. not that running back isnt needed - but lets wait to fill everything else first.

but then again, there is depth at LT this year. so pending a blood test, whatever.

Glenn Dorsey is 6'2, 316lbs.

He's a NT, an end on both sides, a 3 technique. Miami isn't going to play a pure 3-4, much as Dallas didn't - the same Dallas who played with a starting NT/DT in Jay Ratliff who was 298lbs. You move Dorsey all around the formation to work in what will likely be a 2 gap defense. He will need to be accounted for on every play.

If he is that versitile, then we need to start contract negotiations with him right now. If he has to be accounted for on every snap, then that's just the same as a skill player on offense in my book.

putting Dorsey in a 3-4 defense would be like putting a Formula 1 car into a NASCAR race

horrible fit

Vastly undersized? He is the same height and really only 10-15 pounds underweight for the position. What he barely lacks in size he more than makes up for with technique, skill, and heart. I don't buy the "Dorsey can't play NT" theory." Vince Wilfork never played NT until the NFL, he is doing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom