Why is everyone all over Tavon Austin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone all over Tavon Austin

I wonder how everyone would feel IF Austin was on the board @ #12 and Miami chose another player?

Depends. There are several other players I'd be perfectly happy with. Austin is just one of them.

Hartline is nothing more than a weaker version of OJ McDuffie he is just a possession receiver, and I'm sorry but we way over paid for him. I'm just saying I would rather have Patterson than Austin. Hell I would jump joy if we picked any of the three I mentioned. With just Hartline, and Wallace we will not see the explosive OFF we need as Wallace will be pretty much negated with double + coverage on every play, and Hartline inability to get into the end zone. We need someone else that posses a threat.

This...I know some people here think we're set at receiver, but I would feel much much better if we added one of the weapons from this draft - that would keep this offense relevant for a good long time.

This is so obvious! Right now we have EXACTLY 1 person on offense that can CONSISTENTLY score if he gets the ball in his hands. That one person is Wallace.....
Everyone else it sorta depends if this and that goes correctly!

Hartline the ball needs to be perfect and he needs to be in front of his guy by at least 10 yards
Gibson...See Hartline
Keller..See Gibson See Hartline
Bess:chuckle: He needs to be within 20 yards of the end-zone. If it's anything deep? Forget about it!!!

This...I know some people here think we're set at receiver, but I would feel much much better if we added one of the weapons from this draft - that would keep this offense relevant for a good long time.

The original poster said Tavon lacks speed??????????????? Are you nuts??? Do some research before you come here and look so uninformed. You're correct about him being smallish but I liken him to DeSean Jackson or even C.J. Spiller. The Spiller comparison is based on Tavons' abilty to line up in the backfield and run the ball or run a screen or any other route you want. Get him the ball in open space and see how little we miss Reggie. This guy is Sproles except way better. Does this answer your question?

Tavon is not only a "special" slot-wide receiver, also outstanding P/K returner and can be used out of the backfield creating match-ups with LB's. Between Wallace and Austin, we would have the fastest WR's in the league.

The new NFL is now about speed, make this happen and draft all the OL & DB's you want the rest of the way.

Just like every team is starting to get two deadly rbs teams are starting to want two deadly receivers. . Hartline is great but he's a possession receiver I think the addition of austin is similar to what Atlanta did or wat greenbay has done or what houston and detroit wants... u can never have to many weapons I think if we get austin its what would put us at a position to compete with new England n the rest of the afc teams... Although I doubt its gna happen its ok to dream. .

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 12m

Studied all 15 of Tavon Austin's TDs from 2012. 14 of 15 would've counted in a 2 hand touch league. Defenders can't touch him! #Dynamic!

Back
Top Bottom