why is Samuel playing in the ProBowl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is Samuel playing in the ProBowl

My comment as a top level Qb is that he is in the pro bowl. How many players did we have there? Name one Qb since marino that even played close to what Anderson did this year. Ronnie Brown had 4 great games and most on this board annoint him as a franchise back but of course thats ok because he is on our team.

Thats so true. Funny as hell, I'm sure a whole lot of posters are turning their heads thinking that comment is "about the other guy", which of course it is actually about them.

I mostly watched the 1st half. We only had JT to rep the Fins, but I didn't see him. He made it in as a reserve DE.

So Cleveland all of a sudden has a great line. Maybe our line would be better if we drafted something besides projects and overrated players. Our receivers as a whole were better than Cleveland to begin the year and how did the opinion of Edwards change so much before he was overrated and a much lesser pick than Ronnie Brown and all of a sudden he is all world in your eyes.
Jamal Lewis was wahsed up on this board and all of a sudden he is a stud again. What happened to Cleveland pissing away the potential first pick in the draft but now they are so talented. Hypocrisy overboard.

..Look if you dont think Clevelands OL elevated its play to upper teir status then I doubt you watched them play much...I live in a Browns infested town and they all agreethe OL emerging was the reason for the success they had this year, also many of them dont think he deserves a huge contract..I mean he did throw 19 picks!

Speaking as a guy who watched every Browns game I can tell you Derek Anderson is GOOD in the Browns system...but would be very average at best in Miami.

A great OL and young weapons at WR and TE can give some fans dillusions...I mean look at AJ Feeley??? Look at his career #'s in Philly(a great system) then remember how bad he was as a Dolphin..We need to beef up the OL get a big WR and give Beck a chance...

Derek Anderson does not make this team that much better than Cleo Lemon did.

My comment as a top level Qb is that he is in the pro bowl. How many players did we have there? Name one Qb since marino that even played close to what Anderson did this year. Ronnie Brown had 4 great games and most on this board annoint him as a franchise back but of course thats ok because he is on our team.

Well the Giants only had 1 player there and they won the SB. The Pats had 7 players there and they lost the SB. Anderson is NOT a good QB and if you put him back on the Ravens he will return to being what he really is a backup. No more no less. For our team, here's one - Jay Fiedler (11-5 and got us into the playoffs).

:shakeno:...Dude just WATCH some games and you will see that if healthy Ronnie Brown is a force!!

Also the D. Anderson thing is a joke, I mean ok Id give a 4th rounder for him, then watch him back pedal all season and throw 30 int's!! He was fighting for a roster spot in 06 when Cleveland couldnt block anyone now he's a perrenial pro bowler in "some" people eyes who is the savior of our franchise..all I can say is WOW!

Well the Giants only had 1 player there and they won the SB. The Pats had 7 players there and they lost the SB. Anderson is NOT a good QB and if you put him back on the Ravens he will return to being what he really is a backup. No more no less. For our team, here's one - Jay Fiedler (11-5 and got us into the playoffs).

Amazing to me that so many people dont understand that....

Jay Fielder never had a season close to his. 11-5 was more due to the great Ricky Williams than the mediocre Jay Fielder. Cleveland won 4 games the previous season so lets not act like Anderson had a loaded team around him and in fact most people on this board thought we were much better than Cleveland at the beginning of the year. Derek Anderson has turned into a good NFL qb, cannot help we had crap like Trent Green and Cleo Lemon playing Qb for us this year, I guess thats why we cant recognize a good qb.

Jay Fielder never had a season close to his. 11-5 was more due to the great Ricky Williams than the mediocre Jay Fielder.
This is nothing to do with Derek Anderson but when did Miami go 11-5 with Ricky Williams at RB? Was I missing a joke there?

I know one thing. If I were in the NFL I would turn down every single oppertunity I could ever earn to play in the pro-bowl. Philip Rivers, Robert Edwards... Why take the risk? You aren't just jepordizing your hobby, it is your career. These guys feed their kids with football. Take it away and most of them are screwed.

But it doesn't just end there. Kellen Winslow Jr., Ben Rothlisberger, etc. with their off field accidents, etc. It just isn't acceptable. There is lots of time for that stuff after you retire. **** most guys retire before 35.

This is nothing to do with Derek Anderson but when did Miami go 11-5 with Ricky Williams at RB? Was I missing a joke there?

In 2001 we went 11-5 with Lamar Smith carrying the rock. That was our last 11-5+ season. Perhaps he was referring to 2003 when we went 10-6 with Ricky at RB.

Back
Top Bottom