Why is Tony Sporano a good coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Tony Sporano a good coach?

DirkDiggler

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Why because he got lucky and made it too the playoffs after a 1-15 season? I would like you guys to actually quantify what makes him a good coach? Because in my opinion he adds nothing to this team. Completely ordinary. Now Dont start bashing me without making an argument. You can take shots at me only if you bring something to the table.

What has he done to make him a stand out coach?

Look I'm no Tony Sparano apologist. I'm still cautiously watching him but to say he got lucky? How the heck do you get lucky in a 16 games season. So he was lucky 11 times? I stopped reading after that.

I don't think anyone can (but some will) take credible shots at you. He won over the fan base in 2008 and that bond is hard to break. I am starting to consider if he is the right man to run the team but will support him for now. IMO if the get off to a bad start that is a clear indication that they need to start considering a replacement.

I understand the overall argument that he won the fans and the 11-5 season but was that him? Or chad pennington and Ronnie brown? I like the guy personally but I think he makes the wrong call more often than the right call.

I understand the overall argument that he won the fans and the 11-5 season but was that him? Or chad pennington and Ronnie brown? I like the guy personally but I think he makes the wrong call more often than the right call.
IMO the 2008 schedule may have been co MVP with Pennington.

He's actually animated, unlike a few coaches we've had. He'll get in someone's face if they do something wrong. The offensive line in 2007 was mediocre at best, and when he came in it became one of the best in the NFL.

But the biggest thing for me is getting players excited. I mean the dude didn't have to, but he got into shape along with his players this offseason. Man lost 55 pounds! He's no slob like Rex Ryan.

Winning record as a head coach. And his moustache is amazing.

He's actually animated, unlike a few coaches we've had. He'll get in someone's face if they do something wrong. The offensive line in 2007 was mediocre at best, and when he came in it became one of the best in the NFL.

But the biggest thing for me is getting players excited. I mean the dude didn't have to, but he got into shape along with his players this offseason. Man lost 55 pounds! He's no slob like Rex Ryan.

Winning record as a head coach. And his moustache is amazing.
I am going to assume you are joking because if that's his resume, he belongs in Pop Warner.

I'm sick of the whole easy schedule thing in 2008. That team was, talent wise, in the bottom half of the league. Do you really think Pennington and Ronnie Brown singlehandedly got us into the playoffs. Sparano was a part of getting us there too.

One of the annoying things he's done is make some dumb game decisions. He's made more bad ones than good ones.

What is your argument really? He was lucky and he adds nothing to the team. Gotcha, Mr. Expert.

This is a ridiculous post. Sparano has a winning record in his only 2 seasons as head coach. Better than Cam, better than Saban, better than Bates did as an interim coach. He took over a team that the previous year went 1 -15. Exactly what more do you want from him. The microwave society we live in is ridiculous if taking a horrible team over and making them into a playoff caliber team in a 2 year period is not enough, (and he did that instantly). Yeah, did the Fins take a step back last year, record wise yes but look what the Fins went through. Losing your starting QB, losing your Pro Bowl Running Back, losing your #1 CB and starting 2 rookies. Going through that and still going 7-9, too me that shows good coaching. How many other teams could lose those important pieces and still almost make the playoffs? Not many.

Back
Top Bottom