Why Miami Should Draft a First Day QB..... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami Should Draft a First Day QB.....

So, how many superbowls did we win with Marino around? You would consider him a pretty good QB, right?:up:

How many playoff games have we won since Marino hasn't been here? At least Marino had the team in the hunt more often than not.

Ohhh...and by the way we did win some Superbowls with a 1st round draft pick QB...Bob Griese.

IMO none of this years QB's is worth a first round pick they all have too many questions. Granted I think this is a very weak draft at the top as a whole anyway but especially at the QB position.

I agree we should take a QB, but honestly, we could steal a prospect in later rounds who could turn out great. It DOES happen.

How old are you? Do you remember the 1984-1995 Drafts?

These were the core drafts during Dan Marino's career, do you remember how bad they were?

Do you remember these first rounders?

Jackie Shipp, Lorenzo Hampton, Eric Kumeroh, John Bosa, Sammy Smith, Randal Hill, Billy Milner...one first rounder traded away for Hugh Green who had a very short career in Miami?

I'm not even gonna bother going into how bad the rest of the rounds were.

A QB can't do it alone, you obviously have to draft well at other positions as well.

There is no guarantee drafting other positions won't bust as well.

So to answer your question, with absolutely horrible drafts supporting him, Marino won the 3rd most games of any QB in history, got mediocre football teams to 3 AFC Championship games, won one AFC Championship, got a team with a bottom 10 defense and pathetic core of runningbacks to a Superbowl on his back.

So your example, is a bad one.

Another point to make is without Marino during those years how bad would we have been with say a Joey Harrington as a qb.

I agree we should take a QB, but honestly, we could steal a prospect in later rounds who could turn out great. It DOES happen.

Yes and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. :D

Yes miracles sometime do occur.

BlueFin: We have 3 proven OL starters.

Really? As far as I’m concerned, based on the PERFORMANCE of the OL last year, NOTHING is proven at this point.

BlueFin: And your argument is no reason to not draft another QB at some point in this draft, we need 3, I'd rather develop our own, Beck is unproven.

Did you actually read what I posted? Where did I say we should NOT draft another QB? Perhaps you’re so overhyped to make YOUR POINT you don’t understand others?

BlueFin: Beck is less than ideal in height or stature on the field, his release point is low, which results in a high number of batted down passes.

Blah blah blah. With this kind of mentality all QB’s should be 6’ 7” with a release point at 9’. Give it a break --- Beck may not be “ideal,” but neither was Zack, or a host of other players who still get the job done. Specs alone DON’T make a football player.

Back
Top Bottom