why not ingram and ponder to solve our QB and RB problem and go OL and Te in FA | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why not ingram and ponder to solve our QB and RB problem and go OL and Te in FA

Not a single shoelace tackle on that highlight video, always takes a second or third contact to get him. He did seem somewhat small (Saban is taller??) Seemed to be very redundant runs to the outside and runs through the gut where he is untouched. Kept thinking the players at the next level will be bigger, faster, but in reality, the guys he was playing against are pretty much the ones who will be at the next level too. Shows good hands. So much of these threads are just useless until the Senior bowl and combine are done.

The biggest knock on Ingram will be his speed without a doubt..but he does have a lot of upside imo.. Could be a good workhouse.. Elite HB right away? depends on how good oline is honestly..

Too injury prone for my liking. I just don't like hearing about a prospect having velocity trouble due to injury. It makes me conjure up nasty images of Pennington. I just can't shake it. Sorry no to Ponder for me.

I would ride Ronnie and company like a rented car.

I'd try to trade this year's 1st round pick for a 1st rounder next year plus a 2nd this year.

Then next year I'd try to package our two first rounders who a great QB.

This year I'd go for the deep threats at WR and TE. Then I'd look for a good DB or RB if they are there. Every player we draft needs to be very fast. Even if these players do not start, they play great on special teams.

Too injury prone for my liking. I just don't like hearing about a prospect having velocity trouble due to injury. It makes me conjure up nasty images of Pennington. I just can't shake it. Sorry no to Ponder for me.

You serious? Do you see how FSU uses their QBs? He is not injury prone, he just ran the ball a ton. The fact that he manned up and played some of the games he did is quite impressive to be honest.

I don't believe in drafting RB's in the top half of round one unless they are extremely special, Ponder will probably go in round 2. Free agency won't happen unless a labor deal gets done.

You serious? Do you see how FSU uses their QBs? He is not injury prone, he just ran the ball a ton. The fact that he manned up and played some of the games he did is quite impressive to be honest.
well put. he tries to run through db's and lb's....something that he would not be allowed to do in the nfl. that is what has gotten him injured.

Ingram had to split time with a much faster RB while at Bama last season. Unless we go to a totally run offense a 1st round pick for a RB seems a huge waste. There will be several faster RBs in the 3-5 rounds.

IMO, we need a speed WR who can start and a fast, pass catching TE who can start before we draft a back up RB etc. The WR and TE need to be able to start from day one.

Two speed WRs, two speed TEs and two speed RBs would be a good draft for us. If a really good corner or SS falls to us after we have taken a WR and TE then I'd be OK with that.

As far as PR/KR, I prefer a back up speed RB to do that.

I really dont wanna take a running back in the first round.. I am hoping we land Delone Carter and Graig Cooper in the mid rounds..that would be ideal as far as I am concerned..Cooper can be a KR/ PR. Carter can be an every down back as long as he stays healthy of course..I really see Miami going O line round 1 maybe even trading back since we lost our 2nd rounder.

Well we are due to throw a high draft pick at the TE position along with the RB. Those are only 2 positions left on the team has failed to use a high draft pick on so far such a as a4th rounder and above. My personel concerns is the interior offensive line. The onus on those guys is to run the ball and take some pressure off the QB. I blame about half of this years offensive woes on this area of the team. Rickey and Ronnie might have been on the decline but this years their production fell off the cliff compared to years past. When you can stop the run and pressure a young QB then the team you are playing against is going to have huge issues. We started relying on Henne to throw 30 plus times a game which was a disaster. Not saying there not better QB's out there compared to Henne just saying that unless their is a stud QB the phins feel like they cannot pass on I would rebuild the line first along with a good Te and work from there. Lex Hillard along with some FA pickups and lower draft picks might fix the RB situation at least for awhile while we continue to try and find the man for the QB spot.

Read on. I don't like the fact that he has already lost some of his velocity in his young career. Doesn't mean he can't overcome it just means you have to be careful. I've watch plenty of FSU games living in FL. I am hesitant to select him thinking he is a future franchise QB. I don't believe Ponder will be more than a good NFL backup in the NFL. Sorry but thats my opinion.

Um...It seems a lot of people are falling in love with a name...If you want a RB then Ryan Williams from VA Tech might be around in Rnds 3 or 4 depending...yes last year he had some hamstring issues but he also didnt touch the ball much because of Daren Evans and Josh Wilson...if you look at stats from Ingrams heisman year of 09 he only had 3 more yards rushing then Williams did, scored less overall TDs than Williams (22) Ingram (20)..he has break away speed and is only 20...as for QB I say give Henne one more year...get a WR and TE that can stretch the field use Bess in the slot and take the training wheels off...With Henning gone I see our offense being a little more dynamic then little curls and out routes....

I really dont wanna take a running back in the first round.. I am hoping we land Delone Carter and Graig Cooper in the mid rounds..that would be ideal as far as I am concerned..Cooper can be a KR/ PR. Carter can be an every down back as long as he stays healthy of course..I really see Miami going O line round 1 maybe even trading back since we lost our 2nd rounder.
I am so down for drafting Cooper in a late round. If there's one thing I know about Randy Shannon, it's that he was an absolute master of wasting talent. As Jimmy Graham and Sam Shields have so recently shown.

Ingram? Have you all not learned from James Starks;, Pierre Thomas, MJD, Shonn Greene, Adrian Foster, and the Matt Forte's of the world that wasting a first rounder on a running back is dumb and with a good oline you can find guys off the street who can run through a hole and put up nice numbers?

Back
Top Bottom